🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 110 — Clown Dog

A wild blue wolf the size of a Pontiac Aztek appears before the gang. Will they fight or flee? Tune in to find out!

• Like 1

Great episode! Dan definitely gets the MVRP for the day!

(For a second, when "It's been awhile'" was spontaneously sung, I thought I might actually be listening to UTU2TM. Which is never a bad thing. :))

• Like 2

It's been over four months worth if episodes since they've actually interacted with an NPC outside of combat (red giant on the road, which attacked them anyway) so hopefully the blue town leads to some not-constant-murder.

• Like 1

Every time I see the anti-smoking ad before the show, I am more and more tempted to just shut the show off. As a consumer of tobacco products, I am offended. And, don't think the hypocrisy of a group whom I am sure enjoy smoking of one sort or another, has gotten past me.

Every time I see the anti-smoking ad before the show, I am more and more tempted to just shut the show off. As a consumer of tobacco products, I am offended. And, don't think the hypocrisy of a group whom I am sure enjoy smoking of one sort or another, has gotten past me.

If you're hearing an anti-smoking PSA before the show, it's either being delivered by the software you use to listen to podcasts or the SoundCloud player itself. Regardless, the ads in question are not part of Nerd Poker episodes, are beyond the control of the hosts, and in no way reflect the perceived "hypocrisy" of the group. Check your tone.

• Like 5

But seriously what is up with the ad in the beginning of each show that commands me to burn down churches for the glory of Lord Satan?

• Like 4

My favorite Andy Dick story is when John Lovitts tells how he beat Andys head on a bar. There happens to be an audio of this, and you hear Andy go, "Aiagh!" as he slumps to the ground.

Sensei -- really, tobacco PSAs? I've never, ever gotten those :\ Dunno what to tell ya, but it sounds like your problem is more to do with your podcatching service. I use iTunes -- I could suggest givin' that a try.

What if it turns out the blue guys are Smurfs, and the heroes are in fact really, reeeeeeeaaallly tiny? I'd rank that twist three out of five Shyamalans.

• Like 3

maybe it's your podcatchers way of telling you to quit smoking already… just saying.

• Like 1

Maybe he's not reading the Surgeon General's warning posted on the box of his podcatching service.

"May include PSAs that have been commonplace for the last 25 years."

• Like 4

Hey Dan, I just wanted to say thanks for being a presence on the forums, and I think it's awesome that you were a fan of the show before you joined the party. Mind if I ask you a few questions?

Have you ever DM'd? If not have you ever thought about it or written up a campaign? What kind of characters have you enjoyed playing the most? If you guys ever reroll for a new campaign do you already have a character in mind?

And one final question, or maybe just a comedy nerd/D&D nerd request: how has Paul F. Tompkins not been on one episode of Nerd Poker ever? The man is on every podcast in the universe twice a week. I'm just curious and think he'd make a great cameo guest wizard or something. So if you see him around Earwolf please try to casually bring up the fact that a total stranger would like to hear him roleplay with you guys.

• Like 3

Hey Dan,

Thanks to you and Steve for keeping Nerd Poker going. I really like the show; I really hate this campaign. After the cast turnover, I'd love it if you guys did a blaze of glory tpk and rebooted with new characters (especially ones with weird, defined RP motivations) and a fleshed out storyline.

My friends and I actually started playing DND because of listening to Nerd Poker around 5e's launch. I support the show how I can, (so far just clicks and a dice bag), but would be psyched to buy a Nerd Poker module or miniatures.

• Like 1

Could "ignoring" or "tuning out" a PSA you don't want to listen be an option? I mean, rather than trying to make what sounds to be a personal issue into a community issue. If not, my advice would be every time this PSA comes on, light up! That'll show those Truth motherfuckers.

I'm going to regret this aren't I? I'll respond to the person who is talking how people talk in real life when there's manners and stuff.

Hey Dan, I just wanted to say thanks for being a presence on the forums, and I think it's awesome that you were a fan of the show before you joined the party. Mind if I ask you a few questions?

Oh brother, butter me up and then just that fast I owe you something. HERE WE GO.

Have you ever DM'd? If not have you ever thought about it or written up a campaign? What kind of characters have you enjoyed playing the most? If you guys ever reroll for a new campaign do you already have a character in mind?

IT IS SO MUCH WORK. And it really is so thankless. I am grateful to have Blaine busting his ass, because it is so much world creation and you throw 90% of it away because people are impulsive and curious by nature. I'm sitting on a new campaign and I will probably never do it because I have a family and a job and three hobbies. It involves a bunch of atomies that accidentally rip time and space. Got that? So go ahead and steal it and see if it even matters! It WON'T. In the past I have played a lot of bulldozer tank types, with the occasional spellsword when a DM lets me do a hybrid class. I played a Mage once, but I prefer them in video games where they are less work. Also I'm here to keep Lyra going. I like Lyra. If I have another one in my head I'm not gonna spoil that shit.

And one final question, or maybe just a comedy nerd/D&D nerd request: how has Paul F. Tompkins not been on one episode of Nerd Poker ever? The man is on every podcast in the universe twice a week. I'm just curious and think he'd make a great cameo guest wizard or something. So if you see him around Earwolf please try to casually bring up the fact that a total stranger would like to hear him roleplay with you guys.

Why aren't I on TV? Why do bad things happen to good people? It's not my podcast. I love Paul.

• Like 3

Could "ignoring" or "tuning out" a PSA you don't want to listen be an option? I mean, rather than trying to make what sounds to be a personal issue into a community issue? If not, my advice would be every time this PSA comes on, light up! That'll show those Truth motherfuckers.

I am generally okay with most advertising, but one of the reasons I never listen to commercial radio is that in the audio format I can never just tune the ads out. It's the only platform where I find advertising incredibly annoying. I've paid to get premium ad-free versions of podcasts.

But yeah, if you're hearing advertising that isn't spoken by Brian, then it's not part of the show and is being added by someone else.

• Like 1

It's a Sound Cloud ad.

As to those who hate me because I smoke, it's for medicinal purposes.

Edit: I was wrong but still.

When an ad says stop eating pain killers and don't sell them to your neighbors it doesn't mean the person with a broken leg that is taking them responsibly.

Was this a joke? I've never heard of medical tobacco before why would medication be omitted until now otherwise? Felt like a trick.

Sign in to follow this