🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 215.5 — 1/16/15 TWO CHARTED 154

Kulap and Howard start off the show with a deliberation over the continuing saga that is, communist eBay, and what steps Howard must take to start his own empire. Then, Howard explains why country music is just like a Dad trying to be hip and Stard brings proof to Howard’s thoughts. Also, Howard gives a behind the scenes look into his new TV show, History Of The World, a comedic take on history, and Kulap reveals a mystery Birthday card that came from either Howard, or anyone else in the world. Later, Howard continues his argument against the length of movies, as well as the easily found distractions within them. Lastly, the gang establishes why Kulap might be the most intuitive person on the planet.

the ep led me down a Van Halen rabbit hole.

Does anybody know what's up with Armen? Is his health okay?

• Like 1

That country music song Howard was into was as much formulaic any pop song.

It's the same producers same sales projections it's The same Formula.

• Like 1

As entertaining as it is- At this point I am pretty convinced that Howard actually doesn't understand what movies are.

• Like 3

At the end of the ep Howard definitely accidentally leaked Summahtology as the next album in the Have a Summah series.

• Like 1

so many unrecorded 'nothers coming this year... can't wait.

I also can't wait for some more Cyrus/Stard music if that show or anything else ends up surfacing. the spontaneous musicianship in those Rafflecast episodes remind me of what it was like to flesh out songs in a garage with my friends for the brief couple years that lasted. I can also totally relate with Brett when it comes to just wanting to do your own thing musically but not quite having the means to (other than his stuff with Howard, of course). you gotta have those collaborator/spirit animals... and they're usually few and far between.

As entertaining as it is- At this point I am pretty convinced that Howard actually doesn't understand what movies are.

His insanity reached new levels this week when he managed to take something good about GOTG (the soundtrack) and turn it into a negative, like using something good is bad because it means you need to rely on it?

Hopefully the all new howardkremer.com will have a fan art section for all those Unrecorded Nothers mock-up covers.

• Like 1

Does anybody know what's up with Armen? Is his health okay?

Wish Armen would be a guest some time so we can witness Armen-Howard interaction.

• Like 2

Pop country music is also like wrestling in that it can't help itself from looking and feelin' kind of racist.

would you say perhaps, "accidentally" racist?

• Like 6

would you say perhaps, "accidentally" racist?

Please don't get L.L. involved. Let's not relive one of the worst music moments of 2013.

• Like 1

Whoa. WHOA there.

The only L.L. on this board is Lauren Lapkus.

And she should be involved in everything.

• Like 2

I'm honestly surprised people are shocked that Kremer didn't like Guardians. What did you expect? When it came out over the summer and Ku was trying to convince him to see it I knew it would never turn out well and he should avoid it, and that as months ago. It's the most make-em-up of make-em-ups, within 20 minutes you're blasted with made up names that are hard to follow.

I got super tickled when Howard shit all over Guardians of the Galaxy. If nothing else, just because of the comments section here lately. I haven't seen it, and have heard from most that it's a really good movie, but I was secretly hoping it would draw another reaction. That really made my day!

Tooooooobs Charted!

There is no getting a bead on Howard's taste in movies.

If Howard couldn't handle a crazy make'm up like GOTG, he wouldn't survive a magnificent crazy make'm up like Dead Snow 2.

Nazi Zombies! 2 minutes of trailer joy

1) Of course GotG isn't Howard's kind of movie, if he even has a kind of movie anymore! It's the exactly opposite of what he wants to see. And I didn't like it either.

2) Still, I understand there's some delicate psychological things going on that make Howard want to keep distractions around and make him wary of committing to watching a movie, but I don't think any movie has ever looked great when half-watching it.

• Like 2

I had no idea Howard was going to be on last night's Newsreaders! The piece with him, Harris, and Armen was great.

• Like 2

finally caught the Newsreaders... a brilliantly understated and convincing performance from Howard.

"'Miss My Brother'... sounds kinda gay. I like Mister Mister though."

• Like 1

Remember, Howard liked the Star Trek movies, so I think there's no predicting what crazy makemups he'll tolerate.

• Like 1

Whoa. WHOA there.

The only L.L. on this board is Lauren Lapkus.

And she should be involved in everything.

Listeners Love Lauren Lupkus.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this