🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 234 — Mouth Jazz

Randy and Jason start off the show with why no one should ever expect something peaceful to come out of a darts tournament and finally, they answer the age old question: Why did it take so long to read some Rob Gronkowski erotica? Then, the Sklars welcome to the show John Hodgman, who shares intimate details about what it was like growing up in a house where he feared the devil. John also educates the world on Jorge Luis Borges, Argentine short-story writer, essayist, poet, and subject of John’s tattoo. Lastly, Chris "Boomer" Berman calls in to share his grief over the Golden Globes and how Oprah and Peyton Manning are the same.

Hodgman was fantastic. Whoever played Berman isn't credited on the episode page.

As a sax player, and despite my hatred for David Sanborn's smooth jazz forays... whenever he's in a hard jazz/funk mode, he's got one of the best alto sax tones out there. And its pretty much true for Kenny G too. His smooth soprano sax bullshit is exactly that, bullshit. But I've heard him break it down on tenor sax with Arturo Sandoval and he can straight up jam!

Hodgman was fantastic. Whoever played Berman isn't credited on the episode page.

Chris Berman is played by John Holmberg, host of Holmbergs Morning Sickness, a Phoenix AZ morning radio show. The show is available as podcast, he does lots of impressions.

Just wanted to give the guy his due, I enjoy the radio show and I was glad to see him venture into the podcast landscape. The Slkars were on the show for a half hour to promote a local standup gig, I'm sure thats when they made the plan to have him on the show.

• Like 2

Is there some sort of joke about Berman and MLK that I don't get?

Great episode, liked the interview a lot. The Sklars really have a knack for bringing the best out of an interview/conversation.

Is there some sort of joke about Berman and MLK that I don't get?

Great episode, liked the interview a lot. The Sklars really have a knack for bringing the best out of an interview/conversation.

No.

Sign in to follow this