🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 9 — The Dr. Phil/Victor Ramos Show LIVE from UCB-Sunset

Recorded LIVE from UCB-Sunset in Los Angeles is The Dr. Phil Show! Dr. Phil (Horatio Sanz) welcomes teenager Traci Reardon to talk about what is going on with the youth and what is the problem with adults. Then, Victor Ramos appears for a segment called Community Accents in which he chats with Traci about her new art project for the community. Later, Traci heads to a vacuum store for a job interview with King Latifah and goes to a recording studio to lay down some Kidz Bop covers. Finally, Traci with the help of Horatio Sanz offer Twitter followers advice in her hit segment, “Help Me, Rhonda.” I couldn't have asked for more.

This was a really fun one, I liked having multiple "shows" for Traci to be the guest on... and Horatio's bewilderment toward the end at there being no such person as Lauren Lapkus, only Traci Reardon was just incredible.

Also someone mentioned Bar Mitzvah Hype Men so I just have to post this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MD5M5ls9tE

• Like 4

I don't think I've ever laughed at an episode description before today (no offense, July). I know I'm in for a treat.

EDIT: Yep, this was hilarious.

I really liked hearing an all-Traci episode. I don't necessarily think the podcast needs a Help Me Rhonda segment every week, but I love whole episodes based around the character.

Really fun episode, largely due to that trademark Sanz lack of coherence.

I love when Lauren does the fake advertisements, like what the hell is a "squarespace", that sounds so dum, LOL!!!

I'm glad that the show has a real sponsor, and even more glad that there was still one fake sponsor. The first Squarespace ad was pretty straight, and it sounded like she was trying really hard to sound sincere and not do her usual ad voice, which was hilarious.

• Like 1

I love when Lauren does the fake advertisements, like what the hell is a "squarespace", that sounds so dum, LOL!!!

I know, right? 'Squarespace: Go... put it in your butt.'

• Like 2

I love the naughtiness of LL's characters... She should be on with Benny Schwaatz, who always overreacts hilariously to anything raunchy.

• Like 2

I love the naughtiness of LL's characters... She should be on with Benny Schwaatz, who always overreacts hilariously to anything raunchy.

There is a great video podcast of the two of them and Horatio Sanz on i4h on youtube.

This podcast has been very hit or miss for me, but I liked this episode a lot. I think that breaking the episode up into smaller skits was a great decision. It ensured that none of the sketches overstayed their welcome. I think it's hard to keep the momentum of a skit for an hour plus, and some of the episodes have sagged as a result.

It also doesn't hurt that Raj is an excellent improviser and easily the best "host" since PFT.

There is a great video podcast of the two of them and Horatio Sanz on i4h on youtube.

Bam.

I love hearing HS crack up, LL does it quite a few times on this ep

• Like 1

I've always wanted Horatio to do something with Lauren on CBB :D

Both are so good at saying such weird things and derailing other people - this was a clash of titans, here :D Loved it!

• Like 1

Bam. I love hearing HS crack up, LL does it quite a few times on this ep
I've been wondering which episode had the "Men are from (blank) Women are from (blank)" sketch. Thanks!