🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 330 — Peruvian Pullovers

Academy award winner Jim Rash joins the first timers club on today’s Comedy Bean Bag! Jim tells us about the upcoming 6th season of Community on Yahoo! Screen, potential plot lines involving his character Marquess of Queensberry on Mike Tyson Mysteries, and most importantly, where he keeps his Oscar. Then, our old pal Shelly Driftwood stops by to give us all the details on his new venture selling special vitamins. Finally, everyone becomes closer as friends as they play a game of Would You Rather!

4 stars. There were a lot of glow sticks.

• Like 2

I didn't see a Galaxy at all in those photos. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty CHEESED off about that. Also Shelly mentioning Chevy tickled me in the best possible way. When Scott started talking about Community I expected that to come up for some odd reason, so I felt a great joy when it actually was brought up.

• Like 2

I don't know if Horatio went and did some Andy Daly-level re-listening to his previous Shelly Driftwood episodes, but he was ON POINT with the continuity, while still free-wheeling the hilarious next chapter of Shelly's amazing, believe-it-or-not life.

• Like 5

I don't know if Horatio went and did some Andy Daly-level re-listening to his previous Shelly Driftwood episodes, but he was ON POINT with the continuity, while still free-wheeling the hilarious next chapter of Shelly's amazing, believe-it-or-not life.

Yeah, I don't even know how to process this. What's next, Scott saying "House of Lies"?!

I want to dock Scott some points for saying that 53-year-old Shelly is "a child of the Sixties" when we all know that everyone in their fifties was born in the Fifties, but I think it's a technicality no down boo over situation where he was born in the Fifties but was still a child in the Sixties.

• Like 9

Only one other Oscar winner has been on CBB? Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber has won an Oscar, my dear boy. As have other CBB guests—H.R. Giger, Orson Welles, Russell Crowe, Michael Caine, and more. I'm going to have to give this episode my second highest grade, a C plus minus.

• Like 11

Only halfway through, but I have to mention: That Shelly was an incredibly industrious 6-year-old, doing all that trading-post business during the Summer of Love.

If I can make a shameless plug for any UK fans of the show - A friend of mine made a facebook page to bring together any UK fans of the show and to hopefully even encourage Scott to do some kind of live show over here some time. So do please like and share it. https://www.facebook...gBangUK?fref=nf

• Like 5

it was so simple but i lost my g.d. shit when horatio said his dad had him when he was 60

• Like 1

Even Johnny from Karate Kid won an Oscar for a short film, so I think Scott's definitely on to something.

• Like 1

weird that Jim can't separate OJ's personal life from his work but he can act on a cartoon starring a convicted rapist.

• Like 2

weird that Jim can't separate OJ's personal life from his work but he can act on a cartoon starring a convicted rapist.

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Like 11

Had on some Mr Show episodes the other night to get geared up for them announcing whatever this new Mr Show event will be, and I had never noticed that Scott does the voice over for the intro to New Dalai Lama bit that leads into Monks vs Fat Camp. I guess it took me getting used to his voice over these last few years listening to CBB for it to become instantly recognizable.

Obviously I remember Scott mostly for his work as "the kid" Theo Brixton having a fun chat in the kitchen while requesting more popcorn in the living room, but also for his great singing prowess in the band 2001: A New Wave Godyssey

• Like 5

Another Horatio episode? I could get used to this B)/>

Same here. Also I love that ending line in Breaking Bad

• Like 5

damn, I sincerely wish Community started in February... but the first two episodes air on March 17 and, unlike most streaming services, they're going to release them a week at a time after that.

it should also be noted that, much like House of Pies, this will be its last season.

(Six Seasons and a Movie)

What a fun grep. A lot of lovely off mic Jim Rash laughter on this one too.

It has a Burt Reynolds quality to it.

• Like 1