🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 67 — Jes Macallan, Our Close Friend

Hayes and Sean start with an analysis of this year's Oscar nominations and reactions, then open up the Teaser Freezer to talk Mortdecai. Then, JES MACALLAN from Mistresses stops by to talk about her favorite movies and make political statements. Then, the Popcorn Gallery is finally back to ask about flooring, nerd culture, and the rules of business.

• Like 2

First the CBB promo and now Mistresses synergy... Do these fellas know how to hit their core demos or what!?

• Like 2

I'm so glad we got to hear more details about Charlie Mortdecai, a man I think will be synonymous with both genius and hysteria in the future of humanity.

Thank you Sean and Hayes for really getting the word out about this man.

• Like 1

It was a great impression. Good guest segment and I always love the teaser freezer. I love the boys doing close reading on a bit of media, reminds me of the good old RSS days.

Engineer Cody would have let them slam those mics into the table.

• Like 3

Guys, I really liked this episode. Like nearly corker territory.

I also like that there was really a scratchcard. Even though they didn't call it that and that fact really upset me for some reason...

• Like 6

A fresh episode on a wintry Tuesday morning is just the sweetest taste

I also got really excited when they started hinting that the teaser freezer was on the way

• Like 3

I liked the different locations this episode took us to. First, it started on a tropical island, then a freezer, then a house with hard wood floors that are probably cold, unless they are heated underneath.

• Like 3

Weird Al sounds a bit off on that Teaser Freezer theme, but it's good enough I guess.

This just makes me reminisce of Teaser Freezers past and all I can think of is, "I love this record!!!!!!!"

• Like 5

I think it was very brave and cool and smart of Hayes and Sean to take the studio's note and bring back the Teaser Freezer

• Like 1

Dude, Brett!!!

I don't give a shit about $300 fuckin' bonez dawg.

I got like, 20 mics in my car that I just leave in the back seat, I don't even worry about people breaking in and stealing them because I know I can just... get more.

Because I have a lot of them... and money.

• Like 6

Homeless people have gone through my car a couple of times but they've still never stolen anything. I've got a pair of all white vans in there that I just keep forgetting to take out. They've passed on those both times!

If I was homeless I'd want to be wearing a pair some gnarly all white lo tops with no socks...

• Like 6

Also!@!!

Something i've been biting my tounge about for a whileeeee

You think that whomever is taking the pictures in the studio could adjust that white balance please. They're so yellow and 'tungsteny' that it's killing my holistic podcast experience.

Idk

• Like 4

Did you guys not get my mail? Did I do it wrong!?

I prolly did

Also!@!!

Something i've been biting my tounge about for a whileeeee

You think that whomever is taking the pictures in the studio could adjust that white balance please. They're so yellow and 'tungsteny' that it's killing my holistic podcast experience.

Idk

I think earwolf used their insider knowledge to deliberately add a bunch of yellow stuff to the studios to up the pic warmth because they didn't want the visiting galaxy of stars that regularly grace those hallowed halls to look all washed out and gross in the photos

• Like 3

Baddest colours? Uh, how about RED, WHITE, AND BLUE?! #loveitorleaveit

• Like 11

Scott Anchorman is a big Coldplay-head (a.k.a. Cold Playboy), you know. I think it's done on his insistence.

Look at those stars, he says. Look how they shine for you. They're all yellow.

• Like 3

BRRII is such a perv. You don't ask a nice lady if she has a hardwood hoohah.

• Like 3

Baddest colours? Uh, how about RED, WHITE, AND BLUE?! #loveitorleaveit

I think this forum is starting to show its ugly true colors of Australian nationalism.

...or Cambodian nationalism.

...or Chilean nationalism.

...or one of the 31 other countries that Wikipedia says have red white and blue as the colors of their flag. Anyway, it's repellant, and I expect better from this loving, international community.

• Like 3

BRRII is such a perv. You don't ask a nice lady if she has a hardwood hoohah.

I CARE ABOUT FLOORING OK ITS IMPORTANT TO ME

• Like 8

great episdoe, and mr sean and hayes you did a good job helping the guest along this week

• Like 6

Good ep. Good guest. I like Jes's voice and her spot on impression of Brett.

I'm at the computer at the library and I thought I'd just jot down my episode notes before I have to give up the computer to Angry Carl or one of the school kids.

- Sean's dad only eats roast beef

- The best way to ruin a love sac is to leave your pocket knife open in your pocket

- HH style of improv: "Hmm, I don't think I should answer that."

- Sean's basement is carpeted (more than one meaning?)

• Like 13