🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 111 — Fudge Son

The gang is back on the road to the city after their encounter with the blue wolves. Will they run into a lone hitchhiker? Will they head to the city straight forward or will they find an alternate route? Tune in to find out!

Yes those toys were called Battle Beasts and we had all of them. Also, saving throws are supposed to be rolled over, not under. You have to roll same or better on the score.

Yes those toys were called Battle Beasts and we had all of them. Also, saving throws are supposed to be rolled over, not under. You have to roll same or better on the score.

I was going to point out the same thing. :)

Up through 2nd edition, D&D could be a little confusing because sometimes you want to roll high and sometimes you want to roll low. Here's the breakdown:

• Attacks and Saves: roll target number or above
  • Ability checks and thief skill checks: roll target number or below

There isn't really an easy trick to memorizing it, but if it helps, you might think of attacks and saves as overcoming your foes. :)

Every time Brian asks how to make a saving throw, or Sarah asks what a bugbear is, I start to doubt the idea that these guys have been playing D&D for ten years. They even weren't sure what dice to roll to make up a new character! Seriously - 4d6, drop the lowest is the most basic, fundamental part of D&D. It's the first thing any new player learns. Especially if their characters die as often as they have claimed they do - I'd have thought they'd be making tons of new characters all the time.

Of course, the rules aren't as important as the story, and if everyone's having fun, who cares, really?

Hilarious brains don't have memory parts.

Compound that "Hilarious" with copious amounts of that stuff people tend to smoke in a circle when in social settings and there is little hope for those short term memory bonds to form.

With Battle Beast, I think you needed to shine a light in their backs to see their element, right?

Also, am I the only one who remembers Z-Bots? They aren't the most amazing, but for whatever reason, me and a friend really got into them.

Everytime somone said 'Gary' I heard:

www.youtube.com/embed/6CHVLSY_Hrk

I now picture Gary as Gary (Henchman 21... but as Gary, not Henchman 21... Gary)

You have no idea how close this is to reality. I just have shorter hair. ;)

I am a HUGE fan of Henchman 21/Gary on the Venture Bros.

Here's the real deal. I think of this every time I hear the name Gary. https://vine.co/v/OT9PI6QnMHg

Yes, this has been my other go-to Gary reference for the past quarter century or so.

"Who's this 'Gary' character?" :D

• Like 1

Nope! You rubbed it. Unless you lived in Japan or started playing with them years later when eBay was invented: http://www.skooldays...toys/ty1257.htm

No you couldn't rub them because the emblems would come off. You had to press down with your thumb so it would heat up

Hey! These guys figured out that magic missile doesn't need a hit roll, cool!

Sorry, I'm a rules geek, that has annoyed me since Blaine took over. I don't remember Sark doing that but I may have forgotten.

BTW this session is awesome! I have laughed a lot at the past few with no playing and stories about Andy Dick et al, but it is nice to hear some beatings going down!

{catching up to new episodes}

Sign in to follow this