🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 1 - Kattany and Zooey

Host Horatio Sanz, along with his producer Chad Krueger, invite you into Bro-Bro Studio for the premier episode of The Hooray Show! Matt Walsh, co-founder of the Upright Citizens Brigade and Chris Kattan, former cast-mate of Horatio's on Saturday Night Live, drop by to discuss Kattan's past romance with Zooey Deschanel, Ebola zombies and explore what was really going through U2's mind on 9/11.

Good ep!

I like the ambiguous structure, makes for a kind of disorienting first listen. Great mix of formats and bit lengths!

• Like 1

I was super excited for the podcast cause I love Horatio on Improv4Humans and CBB but this podcast was all over the place. I had a hard time following it. Maybe I'll give it another shot in a week or so... sometimes the first episodes aren't the best. :(

• Like 1

I may be in the Earwolf minority, but I actually enjoy some shock jock morning radio (sometimes ironically), and I felt like this show was a perfect blend of drive time FM radio, but done by some of the absolute best in improv. It's overproduced, bombastic, and ridiculous, which I thought was great.

As far as Chris being a creep, I'm not sure if it's an act or not, like Bob Saget, but it was pretty convincing. Luckily, it led to Horatio's gem of, "it was kind of hard to find someone who wanted to have sex on 9/11." And the quiet sax behind Horatio talking about shaving his balls was a fine touch. Classy.

• Like 2

Hilarious. Top 5 Earwolf podcast. Laughed my butt off on the bus. Prefer a little less edits and more flow but it's the first episode so I'm very hopeful.

Sign in to follow this