🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ICMexican

Interview with Aukerman & Adomian

Here is a pretty good interview:

http://www.sfweekly....owFullText=true

My favorite part:

Aukerman: I was gonna ask about your favorite characters to do and ask you about your method of retiring characters when either they die in real life or in the case of George W. Bush, when he stepped, or he didn't step down from office, when his presidency expired. You're widely acclaimed as the best George W. Bush impersonator in the world, and your Huell Howser [1945-2013, creator and host of KCET series California's Gold] is amazing, Christopher Hitchens [1949-2011, author, contrarian]. Why stop doing those people?

Adomian: With Huell Howser, I liked him. So when he passed away I didn't really want to rub it in, like make fun of the guy anymore. I might bring him back at some point when it's been a while...

Aukerman: [singing softly under his breath] It's been awhile...

• Like 4

I totally understand Adomian's view on doing recently dead people as characs. I think, though, everyone who knows who Huell Howser is genuinely loves him as much as James does. His version never seemed mean-spirited even though it was making fun of the dude for his weird naive love of absolutely goddamn everything, because that's the exact reason everyone loved Huell in the first place.

• Like 1

James Adomian is one man anyone should trust with their likeness, even (or perhaps especially) after they're deceased. Except for maybe the Sheriff of Nottingham, he might interrogate Adomian a bit to find out how he knows so much about his life. Great interview (Aukerman + Adomian, and also the hypothetical interrogation).

Adomian: ...I feel like standup is the only place where I'm really talking about myself, otherwise it's some fictional lunatic like Jesse Ventura [Editor's note: Contrary to popular belief, Jesse Ventura is not fictional per se.

That was probably my favorite part. James is pretty much the perfect balance of being hilarious while being thoughtful and not having to be mean spirited.

Sign in to follow this