🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 216.5 — 1/23/15 TWO CHARTED 155

Howard and Kulap start off the show with the pros and cons of dating a gangster chick, along with what level of excitement that can bring to a relationship. Then, Stard talks about the brawl/flash mob that broke out on his front lawn and Kulap discusses the generational relevance of Madonna. Later, the crew reviews Empire, also known as “Nashville with wheels off,” and Howard reveals the worst thing that can happen to you while listening to some tunes, you get shot in the face. Also, Stard enlightens the world with a quick hit list of what’s new in Rock and Roll, like some real, heady, B-side stuff. Lastly, Howard defends why it is so important to do business in Coffee Bean, even when you’re not a customer.

Is anybody else having the problem of Who Charted episodes not showing up in iTunes? Whooch and Twooch are not showing up for me this week, even after I refresh.

EDIT: Turns out I'm an idiot and unsubscribed somehow. #fuckbotch

• Like 3

If you enjoy Conor McGregor, but maybe UFC is too brutal, check out Gennady Golovkin the middle weight boxer. He is 31-0 with 28 knockouts and is an absolute monster. Next fight is Feb. 21st. He is like the Springsteen of boxing.

Also, I'm kind of with Howitt on "Rwanda and Juliet". Why? Why leave Vermont and travel to Rwanda for that? I hope he at least brought food, water, and tons of donations to help rebuild. I can't imagine someone surviving a genocide and saying, "boy, that was terrible. I hope someone can bring over one of the most overdone and boring plays over here for us to watch with its i-ambic-pant-ameter. That will help us all heal."

Alt Nation has been all FKA Twigs and Big Data this week. It's not a terrible station, but I tend to not stay on it for very long.

yo Stard... you know the Melvins, boi?

but seriously, their new record is great! for the uninitiated, it was recorded with two members of the Butthole Surfers (Jeff Pinkus and Paul Leary). I got to see them back in 2012 after they released their album Freak Puke and they were a sight to behold... something about two drummers in a live setting is, for lack of a better term, face-melting.

• Like 3

last year was their 30th anniversary tour. really good show. I saw them ages ago with Folk Implosion. A bit of sonic whiplash, but still a cool show.

• Like 1

Melvins rule. Wish we could talk about more of that kinda stuff. Although my favorite Melvins is with the big business guys.

• Like 3

Melvins rule. Wish we could talk about more of that kinda stuff. Although my favorite Melvins is with the big business guys.

FUTURE STARD CHART??????

Seriously Brett, you better get a chart for the tooch tour.

• Like 2

"Kulap's sex pole"... hahahaha

Non-sanitized!

I guess it hadn't come out yet when this was recorded, but I feel likethe new Sleater-Kinney is the most buzzed-about rock album in a while, so I was a little surprised no one brought it up.

• Like 1

Yeah, good Melvins mention! Have you ever thought about trying to get Buzz on the show? He seems like a really nice and funny guy in interviews, and I think he lives in Hollywood!

• Like 1

Yeah, good Melvins mention! Have you ever thought about trying to get Buzz on the show? He seems like a really nice and funny guy in interviews, and I think he lives in Hollywood!

Oh man I'd love that but I'm not sure they'd know who he is. I've mentioned to Besser how much of a dream guest performer he'd be but for some reason Besser can't get into them (surprising). I need my own music podcast I guess.

• Like 4

Oh man I'd love that but I'm not sure they'd know who he is. I've mentioned to Besser how much of a dream guest performer he'd be but for some reason Besser can't get into them (surprising). I need my own music podcast I guess.

Dunno if it's your thing, but they play a lot of listener-submitted punk and hardcore on Jonah Raydio. In fact, you don't even need to listen to the show for new music suggestions, since they put a track listing on most episode pages. Jonah has been particularly effusive in his praise of Fartbarf and PAWS.

• Like 1

I need my own music podcast I guess.

Bitch, you guessed it!!! I would love a weekly round-up of good music hosted by Stard. Just a half hour with whatever Earwolf guest is on that week. Playing and recommending music. Kinda like how the Sklars push the music they like at the top and bottom of their show.

• Like 1

hell yes, when I saw them both Jared and Coady were there.

I won't lie, I was sort of hoping they'd be playing with Trevor Dunn that night because I'm a huge fan of his, but shortly thereafter I got my wish when I saw Tomahawk that Halloween.

I need my own music podcast I guess.

I know that's sort of a joke considering your cramstuffed schedule, but yeah... you do.

• Like 2

Whoa -whoa That game was Not a fuck smother.

A fuck smother would have been a total game domination from early on where the Packers never had a chance

- like Howard predicted.

It was in fact a jail break as Howard described.

A desperate adrenaline fueled attempt that with just the right amount of luck succeeded against the odds.

• Like 1

Stard- Yelle is the jam.

A lot of her stuff sounds like a 80's pop covers

sounds like a french Tom Tom Club - it's awesome.

Dunno if it's your thing, but they play a lot of listener-submitted punk and hardcore on Jonah Raydio. In fact, you don't even need to listen to the show for new music suggestions, since they put a track listing on most episode pages. Jonah has been particularly effusive in his praise of Fartbarf and PAWS.

Fartbarf is fuckin incredible.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this