🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 102 — Tango & Cash

Wondering if I missed something...

How did ALL OF THE COPS know to track Cash to the not-strip-club? After their "harrowing" prison break, Tango tells Cash something to the effect of "if the shit gets sticky, head to the Cleopatra Club and ask for Catherine," implying that this is a safe house of sorts to lie low and meet up. Not two minutes after his arrival, Cash looks over his shoulder and half the LAPD is fanning out in this nightclub, as if they knew his next move after breaking out would be to head straight there. Did I miss a plot point or is the LAPD just that damn good, even without their top two detectives?

I also noticed this, and just assume that there was a preceding scene edited out (or just not filmed).

Is it funny? I have never listened to this podcast, so I have no frame of reference. I am also still reeling from paying $3.99 to watch Tango and Cash, so paying for a podcast just feels dirty.

Doug Loves Movies is free; only the special Tournament of Championships episodes cost money. You can download the episode with Paul, Neal Brennan, and Topher Grace right here.

• Like 1

I'd never make you listen to a podcast that wasn't free.

that wouldn't be very freindly of me, would it. :)

Paul also talks about the james bond movies, too in that episode.

all of The Wahlberg Solution epsiodes are good too. some of them can be found here at earwolf.

I disagree with June on the butt shot. I was very excited to see Kurt Russell's behind (frankly everyone should be)! :P

June has obviously never seen Charlie Hunnam's ass.

June has obviously never seen Charlie Hunnam's ass.

It's a fine, fine ass.

I'm glad I'm not the only woman who felt compelled to come onto the forum and reveal that they like looking at butts. :P

RIP Giant chin, maker of bad movies.

• Like 1

The whole bullet thing in the opening scene with Stallone is strange, but I think the bigger question is: WHY DIDN'T THE GUYS IN THE TRUCK JUST RUN HIM OVER?

They're barreling down on him while driving a big-rig tanker truck and he's just standing in the middle of the road. Run him over! Or maybe go around him? Instead, they slam on their brakes, which is stupid enough, but then the force of their stopping sends them BOTH through the windshield! If the driver is thrown from the cabin, wouldn't the truck keep moving since he's not there to apply the brake anymore? Do truck brakes work differently or something?

hey, not sure if anyone else has cleared this up yet but the bullet changing thing in the opening that doesnt seem to make any sense. This is actually a pretty blatent bit of plagarism by Sly, the scene is lifted almost wholesale from the end of an incredible chase sequence in the Jackie Chan Movie Police Story, except in Police Story that moment comes at the end of a chase and the vehicle is a double decker bus. initially Chan's bullets don't pierce the engine block, so he swaps out for armour piercing rounds and then shoots straight into the engine, it seizes and the bus comes skidding to a halt just in front of him and the crooks come crashing through the window. worked way better in Chan's movie, acting as a full stop to a way more impressive sequence.

his movie came out 4 years before Tango and Cash..

Sly clearly just saw the scene and thought his character should do that too.kinda.

can't find the bullet swap on youtube but you see part of the scene in this clip..