Sign in to follow this  
CraigEminger

Birthday Boys on IFC has been cancelled

In the words of June Diane Raphael ... "So Upsetting."

I'm really bummed out about this. It was such a nice pairing with Comedy Bang! Bang! eps. I know that they will continue to be a comedy group, and make appearances on the podcasts, but having that tap into their comedy was really nice for me. Damn you IFC!! *shakes fist*

Perhaps this will free up time for them to.. start their own podcast?!?

• Like 12

I was saddened by this news, desperately still need to see the last few eps of the season (roll on Netflix US) but I've loved most of, if not all of, every episode of this show, so it's a shame to not know when I'll be able to see more pure, sweet Birthdaying.

• Like 1

I talked to one of the members of the birthday boys. He seemed excited at my pitch of a Superego-style sketch podcast. Maybe if enough people demand it...?

• Like 3

I talked to one of the members of the birthday boys. He seemed excited at my pitch of a Superego-style sketch podcast. Maybe if enough people demand it...?

that would be awesome but I'm so bummed the show is over, The Birthday Boys are not only hilarious but they use the visual medium so well.

I know it's not from the show. but a video like Pool Jumpers works because it perfectly captures the look of what they're parodying. It's a shame to lose a group who can really play with that medium in the best way.

• Like 2

I would think that they have the audience to support this. It would certainly be cheaper than producing a show. I understand that they lose the visual medium, but I think they are clearly funny beyond that, so it could definitely work. I'm not content with just hearing them occasionally on other podcasts!!

Where do I sign?

• Like 1