🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SublimeBW

Nerdy Project I just completed

I made a dice tower last night and figured I would share it.

Used poplar wood sprayed black with primer then covered most of it with "cobblestone" felt. I used moss wrap on the bottom where the dice come out but had an issue with the D20s not sitting flat so found a piece of plexiglas I had laying around and snapped it to size. Works like a charm and sounds great. Now I just need some sort of cool emblem for the front or sides. I was thinking of some "flag" hanging from the top over the front but that is a project for another weekend.

NYKYavv.jpg

wmqeDVg.jpg

• Like 8

Having never played D&D before, I'm happy to now know (and be impressed with) what a dice tower is.

I've always found them kind of unnecessary, since they don't achieve anything that an honest throw can't, but some people like using them.

I've always found them kind of unnecessary, since they don't achieve anything that an honest throw can't, but some people like using them.

I feel you but was looking for a fun simple project and I also DM in an area where I have VERY limited space. I am constantly hitting books & papers, getting cocked dice or having them lost behind something.

I feel you but was looking for a fun simple project and I also DM in an area where I have VERY limited space. I am constantly hitting books & papers, getting cocked dice or having them lost behind something.

Yeah, I get that. :)

They're also good for rolling around minis (if you're in to that sort of thing), particularly with the higher-order dice and when you have someone at your table who can't seem to control their dice...

Sign in to follow this