🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 331 — Secret Superlatives

Comedian extraordinaire Patton Oswalt is back to tell us all about his new book Silver Screen Fiend which goes into his classic film obsession of the late 90s on today’s Comedy Bing Bong! Patton & Scott talk about the time they improvised a live stage reading of The Day the Clown Cried before a young British schoolboy by the name of Benjamin Susix III wanders into the studio. As they try to figure out why Benjamin is here, soon to be high school graduate Trabitha Tarteen joins Scott & Patton to share which secret superlatives she has been given.

Oh wow!!!! Patton? AND some more Wild Horses love?! Can't get my earbuds in fast enough!

• Like 1

2015 is the year of Wild Horses.

The 4 of them should be cast as every character in the new Ghostbusters. Amy, Tina, Maya and Kristen can go fly a kite!

• Like 14

I was wondering if they were going to talk about the reading of "The Day The Clown Cried", I've gone over the audiobook of "Silver Screen Fiend" twice now while working my shifts as a delivery driver, it's quite entertaining and thought provoking. I highly recommend it and will probably listen to it again in the near future

• Like 3

Benjamin's briefly-mentioned love for SWEETS has filled a gaping void that's been in my soul ever since Brittain and Little Lord Wyndemere departed from SNL.

wyndemeregif-1318871456.gif

• Like 3

Also, congrats to Lauren, Tash.2 and the rest of the cast of Oranges: The New Black for their SAG win for Best Comedy Ensemble!

• Like 9

Does Lauren Lapkus sleep?!? Not only is she starring on a TV show, filming high profile movies and hosting her own weekly podcast, but she also makes atleast one or two amazing guest appearances on podcasts each week?

New no no - Lauren Lapkus is Paul F Tompkins now!

There was even some off-mic laughter from her this week. This theory holds up.

• Like 10

I'm just waiting for one of you pigs to post about how cute or sexy one of these female guests look to you.

Guys! It's not that kinda show. Okay? These are brilliant performers here. Let's keep it classy.

Now that that's out of the way;

I liked the part where LL's character's dick kept getting bigger every time Mary Holland talked about her mom's pussy.

• Like 14

The umbilical cord reveal was brilliant. It turned the whole episode from a hilarious mess into something that actually seemed narratively tight.

"The ball hits the stick and the stick hits back. And then you pretend a ghost is there."

I think The Little One Benjamin Sussex really summed up the entirety of Comedy Bang Bang's narrative run and its evolution of "Yes, and?" with that one.

• Like 1

Another awesome new Lapkus character?

Kicks up feet onto desk, leans back, pushes down shades.

I could get used to this.

• Like 20

Have a feeling this will be high up in the Best Ofs this year

• Like 3

As a shut in cinephile who watches way to many films (I prefer them over just movies pfft) his book sounds great

• Like 2

Oh my goodness, I'm so happy that Scott brought up the Atom when they talked about traveling through the phone. It was the first thing that came to mind for me and I completely forgot that Choctaw is always capable of an obscure comics reference.

• Like 2

Scott repeatedly complains that titles are spoilers yet continues to title each episode of CBB. END THE HYPOCRISY, SCOTT!! I expect next week's episode to be 332 and nothing more.

• Like 2

Fantastic episode. Even though Patton said Renoir instead of Cocteau!

I sound just like him in the beginning of his book, which everyone should read because it's fascinating. He's a brilliant memoir writer.

Yummy!

• Like 4

Scott repeatedly complains that titles are spoilers yet continues to title each episode of CBB. END THE HYPOCRISY, SCOTT!! I expect next week's episode to be 332 and nothing more.

Scott adamantly refuses to title episodes of CBB. It is his insubordinate employee July Diaz who secretly assigns the titles while Scott is asleep.

• Like 11

Sign in to follow this