🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 68 — Erin Gibson, Our Close Friend

Some people say "Grepisode" to mean "Great Episode," but I say Grepisode to mean an episode that Greggy likes. It starts with Gr, you see.

• Like 7

Shit episode, shit guest. Except it's Opposite Day!

• Like 9

Shit episode, shit guest. Except it's Opposite Day!

I was like "BUUUHHHHH"

Really though, funny episode today, as always.

Hey everyone, don't forget to vote for HH in the 10th annual Podcast Awards - http://www.podcastawards.com/

Don't be afraid to count it under categories such as Religious Inspiration and Mature as well as People's Choice.

Fingers crossed it beats Serial!

• Like 3

Hey everyone, don't forget to vote for HH in the 10th annual Podcast Awards - http://www.podcastawards.com/

Don't be afraid to count it under categories such as Religious Inspiration and Mature as well as People's Choice.

Finger's crossed it beats Serial!

zeFWyZN.png

• Like 1

Gotta say, I loved the "did I do bad?" segment on this episode. It was as funny as it was insightful, and very is how insightful it was.

• Like 2

I just listened to Erin's episode of Reality SHOW Show yesterday. A lot of people say women can't be funny, but me? I think some of them actually can be's funny and this one in particular makes me loff.

In that episode, Sean speaks on how he calls Erin "Gobson" because he had too many Gibsons in his life, and in THIS episode, Erin mentions how her ex-husband ALSO called her "Gobson", as a goof. Now putting two and two together, I can say... great minds think alike?

• Like 2

"These guys, one of their speed-bumps, was to eat an ice-cream cone. Some people hear that, think that's maybe a joke"

Computer nerds will get an extra kick out of this one!

I prefer awk cause I'm so awkward and rando!

• Like 6

I personally love Sean's "What up, what up?*" at the top of each segment of the show (segment as in caterpillars or tapeworms). I love it so much, in fact, that I have begun to depend on it like one would depend on a service animal. Hearing Sean's dulcet tones ring out, "What up, what up?" assuages my fears, sends my anxiety level plummeting, and overall just puts me at ease. Not in some weird ASMR way mind you, but rather in a way that only comes with hearing the opening salvo of one of Hollywood's biggest heavyweights as he gets ready to set his vast listening audience ablaze in an inferno of truth, insider info, and harrowing tales of his Hollywood life.

Now, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Shaggy like every other red-blooded American male. I stay steady bumping "It Wasn't Me" and "Mr. Boombastic" and I definitely prefer his version of "Angel" over the trashy, derivative version cranked out by Juice Newton. Let's be honest, though: even Shaggy's trademark "Wogwam!" doesn't hold a candle to Sean's "What up, what up?"

I want to therefore stand with Sean at this difficult time when so many have chosen to stand against him. "What up, what up?" isn't some throwaway line or catchphrase like "What's up, Hot Dog?" or "I have a dream." Those types of lines can easily be changed or replaced without impacting their overall effect on the listener. Sean's "What up, what up?" is not such a line, however. It is something akin to a mantra for us all. It is a rallying cry to all the members of the illustrious Scoop Troop to have our pens and paper ready. It is a motto for a Hollywood lifestyle so many of us only dream of.

So I ask that you continue to let us dream, Sean. Please do not bend to the pressure of what I'm certain is only a few squeaky wheels. Now is the time for your inner strength to match the rippling, tanned musculature of your outer body. Do not fall or falter, Sean, for you and Hayes represent the best in us all. The world needs you to continue to utter your immortal phrase each week and I pray that you do not let us down.

*It merits saying that I am unsure how to properly spell "What up, what up?" since I have not seen an official spelling released by Sean and/or Hayes or their respective camps. While I could take a stand and definitively say that "What up, what up?" is how the man himself would write it out, I simply don't want to hazard such a guess and end up in a debacle on the level of the "Right Stuff" vs. "Write Stuff" scandal that arose a few months ago.

As such, I hope to stave off any criticism by saying I do not purport to know the correct spelling and defer to any spelling Sean may choose, be it "What up? What up?," "What up, what? Up?," or any other possible combination. The way it has been typed it in the foregoing paragraphs is only my best attempt at capturing the way Sean would like to see it in print.

• Like 10

I prefer awk cause I'm so awkward and rando!

I cat believe you sed that! tee hee hee !!

Let's be honest, though: even Shaggy's trademark "Wogwam!" doesn't hold a candle to Sean's "What up, what up?"

This post is great BUT, what about "Mr. Lova Lova"? It has the same repetitive rhythm and also gives me warm feelings downstairs.

• Like 6

Yeah, cause smart folks like us, we were never new. Only a big dumb idiot would be new to the forums. I say we kick out LydonDontCallMeLyndon IMMEDIATELY! #imbeingsarcastic #thereshouldbeasarcasmfont

Edit: Actually, I think I only like new guys. I'm bored of all you old guys, and that includes me. #stillbeingsarcastic

So do I still fit that? I want you to like me and I am a fan of the movie The New Guy.

• Like 1

I personally love Sean's "What up, what up?*" at the top of each segment of the show (segment as in caterpillars or tapeworms).

Look, man, I get where you're coming from, but the people have spoken, and the people HATE "What up what up." How you or I feel about it is irrelevant. If we want Hollywood Handbook to become the #2 least listened to show on Earwolf, that's the price we have to pay. Get used to "Wagwan wagwan" or "What what" or some other hilarious, totally rando new phrase, and say goodbye to "What up what up," which literally everyone hates and no one loves or has already mentioned they would spend their real actual money to buy on a t-shirt.

Great episode.

• Like 11

This episode was really nice and fun. I had a grin on the whole time.

Earlier today I was thinking how Joe Lo Truglio would make a great guest on HH but their hint at next week makes me hope for Chelsea Peretti. She should be in everything.

• Like 2

everyone say wagwan wagwan to parks and rec guest star sean "hayes" clements!

• Like 13

I cat believe you sed that! tee hee hee !!

This post is great BUT, what about "Mr. Lova Lova"? It has the same repetitive rhythm and also gives me warm feelings downstairs.

I don't have a strong opinion regarding the "whatup, whatup" controversy, but I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if Sean opened with "Gee wheeze, baby pleeze!"

So do I still fit that? I want you to like me and I am a fan of the movie The New Guy.

No, don't like you, not even one little bit! #stillsarcastic #howboutthatsarcasmfontguys #oppositeday

• Like 1

everyone say wagwan wagwan to parks and rec guest star sean "hayes" clements!

Which ep was it? Got a timestamp? No reason.

Edit: Damn, Sean sure is quick!

decmQCH.jpg

One watch-through so far, and disappointed in the reaction gif potential. A few more watches may be necessary.