🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 68 — Erin Gibson, Our Close Friend

brg if you move to LA, i'll be your friend.

This is reason alone to move to LA, Brian. Also, I apologize for making you do push-ups.

PS - This is what Brg would look like in LA: B)

PPS - ...seriously funny looking.

PPPS - Just kidding, babe.

• Like 5

Sean's scene in Parks and Rec had a real sense of ADR about it. I think this confirms the rumour I heard that Amy Poehler will start randomly screaming during filming if she feels any of the other actors are being funnier than her.

Everything I've heard about Amy Poehler is that she is super mean to everyone she meets, and that she loves nothing more than to step all over other people's jokes. Not very generous or adaptable as an ensemble comedian. I hope it's not true, because I hate to find out bad things about women that I think are pretty.

• Like 2

L.A. is pretty terrible irl right? Maybe I'm a too cynical.

There are horrible things there, but there are also great things that make it enjoyable. Am I right, Agata and Andy?

• Like 1

I think I would miss the seasons if I went to L.A. But I would like the earthquakes. But I would hate Venice Beach. But I would like USC football games. But I would hate UCLA football games. But I would like the movie studios. But I would hate the LAPD. But I would like the palm trees. But I would hate all the beautiful young people. But I would like the racial tension. But mostly I think I would HATE. ALL. THE. TRAFFIC! Right?

Edit: to be clear, I'm talking about if I moved to Los Angeles. Because LA also stands for Louisiana, which is where I already do live. We have seasons here, sort of, and very few earthquakes.

• Like 4

"I'm here so I won't get fined."

"You know why I'm here."

Legend.

• Like 3

There are horrible things there, but there are also great things that make it enjoyable. Am I right, Agata and Andy?

I'll speak on that. Driving along Mulholland Drive at night is kind of nice and cool.

• Like 2

I don't think I'm out of line here when I say that Trends With Benefits is damn funny.

• Like 3

Yes, we should record this one. Did you watch the movie, Hon? If you did, can you share your notes before the hangout?

I haven't seen it yet. But yes, I'll try do this.

I'll speak on that. Driving along Mulholland Drive at night is kind of nice and cool.

I would be scared to drive on that street after watching the documentary about Mulholland Drive, directed by David Lynch.

• Like 2

I like that you made a list of precisely eight categories and described it as "at least five."

I don't understand your point.

If there's one thing that comedy's about, it's about winning and surprises

I would be scared to drive on that street after watching the documentary about Mulholland Drive, directed by David Lynch.

Ah, yes, Lost Highway.

P.S. I haven't seen Transparent, but I do know a bit of behind-the-scenes trivia about it; notice that Jeffrey Tambourine plays someone that is transsexual and also is parent. Now think about the title of the show for a bit. Notice anything?

• Like 4

I don't understand your point.

If there's one thing that comedy's about, it's about winning and surprises

It's called a compliment, and it means that I liked the thing you did that I referred to. Don't overthink it.

Edit: ;)

• Like 2

Ah, yes, Lost Highway.

P.S. I haven't seen Transparent, but I do know a bit of behind-the-scenes trivia about it; notice that Jeffrey Tambourine plays someone that is transsexual and also is parent. Now think about the title of the show for a bit. Notice anything?

I've been thinking on this, and I think I finally get it.

Tran- Joffrey Tamblyn is a transgendexual

S - the first letter of the first names of both his ex-wife and one of his daughters

Pa- he's a father

Rent- he rents an apartment

• Like 4

Edit: to be clear, I'm talking about if I moved to Los Angeles. Because LA also stands for Louisiana, which is where I already do live. We have seasons here, sort of, and very few earthquakes.

i love new orleans. it's my favorite city in the US. i would live there, except you know...hurricanes.

a lot of what you said is right, except i definitely don't miss "seasons". it's pretty much perfect all the time except a few weeks in the summer when it's hot (but not texas hot like i know). it's great.

• Like 2

i would live there, except you know...hurricanes.

2JOyPR8.jpg

There's other things to drink here, Agata. Don't think you 'gata just drink hurricanes. Try a hand grenade!

y6w9Zy6.jpg

• Like 8

Why are drinks in New Orleans so deadly? Hurricanes, grenades. Do you guys have a drink called a "landmine?" I like my drinks to sound cool and safe, like beer, and sex on the bizzzzeach.

• Like 2

Sex on the beach is so dangerous! That's how the crocodile hunter died I think - he was speared to death by a stingray, mid-boof while he was distracted. Also, statistically, hurricanes and hand grenades probably kill a lot fewer people than beer. There's probably at least five ways a beer could kill you. You could drown in a big vat of beer, you could have a beer fall on your head from a hot air ballooon or the top of a tall building, a drunk driver could startle you, making you choke on the beer you are drinking, you could loff at a funny joke and spit your beer on a stranger who turns out to be a mean murderer, you could drink the last beer in the fridge and infuriate your roommate who turns out to be a big murderer, you could be allergic to gluten and die from having a beer wif gluten in it. Meanwhile, I've been through at least five actual hurricanes (Ivan, Katrina, Dennis, Ike, Cindy, and Gustav) in which nothing bad happened to anybody.

To be fair, I've also lived in New Orleans for 13 years now and never had a hurricane (the drink). That shit is for tourists, give me a Sazerac every day.

Edit: I forgot Hurricane Rita. That brings it up to at LEAST five.

• Like 4

I just thought of something. If you don't want a cold you should get someone with a cold to cough and sneeze on you a little bit. That's the vaccine logic. C'mon.

• Like 3

I just thought of something. If you don't want a cold you should get someone with a cold to cough and sneeze on you a little bit. That's the vaccine logic. C'mon.

Thanks for the advice Dr. lonhads.

• Like 1

I'll be at The Funny Bone on Feb 6th and 7th if you wanna come out and hear more of my vaccine character.

Edit: i just googled the funny bone. I didn't know it was a real comedy club.

• Like 7

Also, statistically, hurricanes and hand grenades probably kill a lot fewer people than beer.

I think the statistic to look for would be deaths per use or death per 100,000 uses rather than just sheer number of deaths considering the number of uses of hand grenades or number of people caught in a hurricane is probably much smaller than the number of times beer has been consumed. I don't know for sure though. My guess would be that hand grenades are more likely to kill someone when used than beer when it is consumed disregarding all other factors. Again, I don't know, I haven't researched this in depth, but something tells me that, all things being equal, the thing specifically designed and engineered to kill people probably kills people more often (per use) than the thing that is legal to consume and is readily available in most communities across the globe (with some restrictions obviously [but, and I'm making an assumption here because I'm not familiar with the applicable rules and laws around the world on this subject, far fewer than the restrictions put on the purchase of hand grenades by the general public]).

I suppose it's all about how you measure something though. But I would argue that it's (nearly) completely irrelevant how many times something has happened in the aggregate if the likelihood of the thing occurring is incredibly small. I mean, the number of people who have choked to death on a Ritz Cracker is probably rather large but it's not exactly a major concern for me.

Statistics is fun, guys.

• Like 1

I'll be at The Funny Bone on Feb 6th and 7th if you wanna come out and hear more of my vaccine character.

Edit: i just googled the funny bone. I didn't know it was a real comedy club.

Did you image search it with safety off? Because I bet it isn't just a comedy club...