🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 3 - The First Ever Very Special Secular February Christmas Episode

Ben Schwartz and Horatio share stories of working and playing in New York City and for some reason decide to call Samm Levine. This episode features the debut of The Hooray Line! Prior to Christmas, Horatio and Chad posted a phone number for people to call in and leave a message with their own version of Horatio's Christmas song. On New Years Eve, we tweeted out the number and had people call in and be a part of the show. Chad mixed it all together and the result is Episode 3: "T.F.E.V.S.S.F.C.E." for short. J.J. Abrams still has not returned our calls. He's "busy".

I've heard of Christmas in February, but Christmas in February in January?

• Like 16

OH MY GOD MY LIFE IS MAAAAADE!!!

YOU GOT MY XYLOPHONE PLAYING IN!! AND MY CURSING!! AND THE HOORAY SHOW!!

I'm seriously over the moon.

Merry Christmas in January you weirdos

• Like 8

I always assumed it's just because it's (sort of) the middle syllable of his name.

Great episode!

• Like 1

"Oooooh, good question. That's a good question."

Horatio's name in the Nolan-verse is pronounced Ho-Raish-e-o, but in the animated series it's pronounced Ho-Raaj-e-o. Benny calls him Raj because when they're together it's like a classic cartoon team-up.

P.S. I've now scoured the internet and re-listened to every version I could find of 'Christmas Treat.' Sadly, only about three or four can be located in a cursory search (the Muppets one is sadly MIA), plus Julian Casablancas' cover of the song.

P.P.S. Three episodes in, and this show has already tightened up really well. This episode was a complete joy, T-to-B.

• Like 2

What's the music that plays after Christmas Treat but before the closing Earwolf tag? I really dug its melody.

• Like 1

These episodes are like that rapper that wishes he were a bit taller -- Too $hort!

• Like 1

These episodes are like that rapper that wishes he were a bit taller -- Too $hort!

You're right, these episodes are a bit Skee-lo

• Like 5

You're right, these episodes are a bit Skee-lo

I'm beyond embarassed. I thought I had come up with the perfect Scottism. Sometimes I make jokes where I purposefully mix things up like that, but this was not the case.

I mean, I guess it still works if you take his rap name literally, and assume he is not happy with his current stature.

• Like 1

I'm beyond embarassed. I thought I had come up with the perfect Scottism. Sometimes I make jokes where I purposefully mix things up like that, but this was not the case.

I mean, I guess it still works if you take his rap name literally, and assume he is not happy with his current stature.

haha I had to comment because I had literally no way of knowing if you thought you were making the right joke or were making a Scott-ish purposeful mix-up

good times!

• Like 3

Haha yeah. I think I'm past the point now where I could play it off as the latter. Good times, indeed.

My point still stands though, this show is great but I need longer doses of it!

• Like 1

I've heard of Christmas in February, but Christmas in February in January?

I don't care what the calendar says

• Like 8

Hi everyone! Chad here.

Thanks again for the amazing feedback. Keep it coming! I just finished up editing episode 4 with special guest Jerry C. Minor and you'll have it for your earholes Wednesday. I really like it, but I am of course completely biased.

To address a few things directly, Shannon, of COURSE we used your awesome voicemail! I told you it was great in the other forum! Thanks!

This episode is a little on the short side, I know. There were a couple of reasons for that. We always want the episodes to fall between 40-50 minutes, mostly because that is the limit of our personal attention spans when we're listening to it. There are a lot of comedy podcasts out there that go on for 90 minutes or more and that just doesn't fit the style we're going for.

This one comes up on the really short side at 35 minutes. A big reason is that we were originally leaving space for a couple of two minute sponsor reads that unfortunately never materialized. We're young. We're working on it. Episode 4 is around 45 minutes by the way....

The music at the end of the podcast (before the Earwolf Tag) is an original piece composed by David Bazan specifically for The Hooray Show. It was originally composed when Horatio was piloting The Hooray Show as a TV show a few years ago and we decided to use it as our podcast's closing theme. I had never heard David's music until Horatio turned me on to it, and now, let's just say, Bro-Bro studios is a HUGE Bazan house! Love him. We plan to have him on a future episode.

This is also why we will continue to use Bazan's "Bless This Mess" as our opening theme song.

As far as the nickname "Rog" or "Raj".... we'll address that on a future episode. I've known the dude for over twenty years and I don't think I've ever gotten a straight answer to that question. I THINK I know.... but I would rather let Rog explain it himself.

Thank you for your awesome comments and PLEASE continue to participate. You can find me and Horatio on twitter @chaddychoo - @mrhoratiosanz or @hoorayshow - We've started a facebook page as well and we definitely appreciate you spreading the hooray wherever and whenver you can. We're going to get it more organized soon... promise...

Writing from Horatio's basement, aka, bro-bro studios... much love kidz!

Chad Krueger

Producer

The Hooray Show

• Like 11

I don't care what the calendar says

PS... I love that "corpsefucker shitlord" got the joke within the joke within the joke yo.....

• Like 2

Hi everyone! Chad here.

Thanks again for the amazing feedback. Keep it coming! I just finished up editing episode 4 with special guest Jerry C. Minor and you'll have it for your earholes Wednesday. I really like it, but I am of course completely biased.

To address a few things directly, Shannon, of COURSE we used your awesome voicemail! I told you it was great in the other forum! Thanks!

This episode is a little on the short side, I know. There were a couple of reasons for that. We always want the episodes to fall between 40-50 minutes, mostly because that is the limit of our personal attention spans when we're listening to it. There are a lot of comedy podcasts out there that go on for 90 minutes or more and that just doesn't fit the style we're going for.

This one comes up on the really short side at 35 minutes. A big reason is that we were originally leaving space for a couple of two minute sponsor reads that unfortunately never materialized. We're young. We're working on it. Episode 4 is around 45 minutes by the way....

The music at the end of the podcast (before the Earwolf Tag) is an original piece composed by David Bazan specifically for The Hooray Show. It was originally composed when Horatio was piloting The Hooray Show as a TV show a few years ago and we decided to use it as our podcast's closing theme. I had never heard David's music until Horatio turned me on to it, and now, let's just say, Bro-Bro studios is a HUGE Bazan house! Love him. We plan to have him on a future episode.

This is also why we will continue to use Bazan's "Bless This Mess" as our opening theme song.

As far as the nickname "Rog" or "Raj".... we'll address that on a future episode. I've known the dude for over twenty years and I don't think I've ever gotten a straight answer to that question. I THINK I know.... but I would rather let Rog explain it himself.

Thank you for your awesome comments and PLEASE continue to participate. You can find me and Horatio on twitter @chaddychoo - @mrhoratiosanz or @hoorayshow - We've started a facebook page as well and we definitely appreciate you spreading the hooray wherever and whenver you can. We're going to get it more organized soon... promise...

Writing from Horatio's basement, aka, bro-bro studios... much love kidz!

Chad Krueger

Producer

The Hooray Show

I'd be fine with a podcast heavy on content to finish up in 50 minutes... but about a solid third of this one was shootin the shit with Sammy Levine, so that time shouldn't count toward the "bored in 60 minutes" rules

just my 2 cents

• Like 1

I'd be fine with a podcast heavy on content to finish up in 50 minutes... but about a solid third of this one was shootin the shit with Sammy Levine, so that time shouldn't count toward the "bored in 60 minutes" rules

just my 2 cents

RIght on. As we continue to birth this baby, we continue to find ways to generate heavy content. I have probably another 40-50 minutes of footage with Ben that we didn't use. We really are just feeling it out at this point. I have a feeling every episode is going to be very different in rhythm, pace and length in this infancy and maybe that's a good thing. We'll see. I also think that when we add sponsor reads, it will dictate the pacing of the show and even things out.

Keep the 2 cents coming!

C

• Like 3

FWIW, I'm a fan of the shorter shows. Basically, it's just nice to have some variety in podcasts. It's really frustrating when I have 10-20 episodes of various shows queued up on my computer, and have 30-50 minutes to kill and none of them are that short.

• Like 2

Its all good. Quality over quantity! I've just been spoiled in the past because I was late to the podcast game, so I've always had a big backlog to go to when in need of more. Different now that I'm here for the ground floor of The Hooray Show, and have to actually be patient! Its all just a roundabout way of expressing my enjoyment of the show. :)

Also that 40 mins is probably just Ben stepping on other peoples lines and singing the Ducktales theme, so we're all richer without it.

(Just kidding Benny Schwaz I love you.)

• Like 2

I want to make it absolutely clear, I would accept a 40 minute podcast of House of Pies's Benjiman Schawz singing the Ducktales theme. Doubly so if its exactly 40 minutes. I'm curious where the musical game of roulette would fall. In my heart I pray it ends with "duck blur" and then silence.

Until that glorious day, likely brought to us on Wolfpop, I will happily accept Jerry Minor spinning us delightful yarns and maybe, if we're lucky, treating us to some smooth tunes. HYPED FOR HOORAY

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this