🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 112 — Red Afro

As they continue into the woods, the gang finds a cyclops’ cave and hear some distant howling. Also, everyone brings up Zagnut, Into the Woods, and Gleaming the Cube!

I was really hoping the blue giants would be less aggressive. Maybe these two are just dicks? But if they get murderised by Dag, Houg, Winter and Lyra and more rational blue giants find the bodies/catch them in the act (likely taking detailed tracings) then it's just going to be red giant town all over again.

Forget it Jake, it's Gianttown.

Rounds spent to cast per spell level is a pretty huge nerf to casters (telekinesis would take 5 rounds). Spells have a cast time listed with their description and that is only added to initiative roll.

That would make higher level spells ineffective and make wizards no fun. sorry for complaining but that rule kicked me in the nerds.

I feel bad about it, but I am rooting for a TPK next episode. I think a fresh start would be great for not just Steve and Dan who have had to play as characters they did not roll, but for Blaine as well. He would have the opportunity to reset things a bit and place his players in a setting where everyone they come across isn't immediately hostile. Maybe, just maybe a story would have a chance to develop.

I love the show, I think you guys are hilarious, but what I used to love most about the show was the epic story in which you made hilarious things happen. As much as I love whamdango and dick tracing, I miss the storytelling foundation that can't be built when you have no choice but to kill everyone you meet.

• Like 3

Nicely role playing Blaine! Those giants acted like some of the cyclists in Portland. ... Had they ran a stop sign/light, it would've been perfect.

(Source: I'm from Portland)

• Like 2

The show has transitioned quite a bit with Blaine's campaign, somewhat akin to going from playing Skyrim for a year right into six months of Super Smash Bros. (Why yes, I am a nerd. Why do you ask?)

RIP Lyra. RIP my hopes for this campaign. :P

I for one would like to see a new campaign, so I'm rooting for the giants this time.

Feel like the asshole should have been a called shot at least...

I justified not saying aloud "is this a called shot?" with the fact that it took me a whole turn to get into range, and the bear had just been stunned by Winter's attack.

Also I just made a new character. Fuck team giants.

• Like 7

I lost it at the B 52's impressions at the start.

I never thought I'd enjoy you guys fucking around not playing the game as much as I do.

• Like 1

I would like to see a re-roll because I just think it would be more interesting. There is no real investment right now in anything so they can just pull the plug.

I would like to see Blaine work more speaking NPCs in that they have to work with to complete random sidequests - I liked Sark's handling of them a lot, although sometimes he would just give exposition for an entire episode. Blaine is totally competent at role playing and I don't think he would fall into that. His biggest weakness as a GM is just winging it 100% of the time.

Another thing I wouldn't mind seeing is them adopting the "series 1" characters and whoever takes over Gerry's Paladin has to do a Gerry impression the whole time.

• Like 1

My new character is just a text-to-speech app that announces all of your guy's demands. I hope you like it.

• Like 4

If there is a TPK, I hope the party awakens in the afterlife to find they are My Little Ponies, and Blaine really gives you babies something to complain about.

• Like 1

I kind of wonder if Blaine is not entirely comfortable running non-combatant NPCs, for the stretch at the start where there were any they all talked in gibberish when they featured at all, and for a good while every last person they've run into has been hostile...

Still enjoying the show a lot, just was thinking about this a few eps back...

• Like 2

I have so much art-fuel from this ep, it was like getting a gift basket of ideas.

R.I.P. Lyra Lighttouch: don't know if that is your actual last name but it has always been so in my heart.

• Like 2

OK, I get it, you guys don't really care what we think. I hope it works out for you.

No matter how much niceness it's couched in, wishing for a TPK is still creepily aggressive. It's like if someone came up to you after a stand-up comedy show and said "Hey, I'm a big fan of you, but could you set all your notebooks on fire?" Things take work to create and wishing it would all flush away isn't exactly a sociable way to express you don't care for its direction. Okay, off to go do what I'm actually good at (blowing in cartridges and drawing unicorns).

• Like 4

If there is a TPK, I hope the party awakens in the afterlife to find they are My Little Ponies, and Blaine really gives you babies something to complain about.

I think these guys would still make it entertaining, your threats are of no consequence to me! I would still point out the pink pony magic fireball should be able to cast in the same round!

Edit: I don't want tpk but if they run into magic pony lycanithropy...

Great episode!

Dan, I feel Lyra went out like a champ! Walking into that situation with (I think) 8 HP was pretty ballsy. Thank you for taking the risk. I'm sad to see Lyra go, but I am looking forward to meeting your new character. Are you going to try out another class, stay the same, or are you going to save the big reveal on-air?

And to everyone at NP, I just want you all to know you are all doing a fantastic job! Can't wait for the next episode!

• Like 5

No matter how much niceness it's couched in, wishing for a TPK is still creepily aggressive.

I am sorry for being creepily aggressive, but it is not unheard of in D&D for a campaign to be scrapped when it's not working out. None of you seem too invested in your characters. I have suicided characters of mine before when I just wasn't connected to my character.

Blaine also doesn't seem to be too in love with the giant setting because he is making no attempt to craft a story, he is just throwing monsters at you, and no matter how hard you try to communicate all that happens is fights.

I'm really not trying to tell you guys how to play, I'm just offering my opinion that you guys don't seem as passionate about the game as you were in earlier episodes and maybe a fresh start would help with that like it has for me in the past.

Sorry I offended you, it was truly meant as constructive criticism and not an insult. I will keep listening and I hope I am wrong and the giant campaign turns into something epic that I love.

Great episode!

Dan, I feel Lyra went out like a champ! Walking into that situation with (I think) 8 HP was pretty ballsy. Thank you for taking the risk. I'm sad to see Lyra go, but I am looking forward to meeting your new character. Are you going to try out another class, stay the same, or are you going to save the big reveal on-air?

And to everyone at NP, I just want you all to know you are all doing a fantastic job! Can't wait for the next episode!

Thanks! Yeah, I felt like it was worth a shot. I enjoyed the difficulty of dealing with all these asshole giants, but wanted to see how far I could push these assholes when being diplomatic. Oh well! Motherfuckers will pay.

I don't want to give my new character away but it will definitely be a new race and class.

Snaf00: not offended. I've been doing comedy for 18 years and don't have that thin a skin. But also I know when a conversation is headed in a direction that is weirdly bossy and nobody finds it interesting to be talked "at" like that. If you did that at a party the other person would walk away immediately.

• Like 1

Lyra isn't 100 percent gone either, resurrection spells can be used, although expensive if someone sold their magic item(s) to bring her back that would really reinforce the parties bond of friendship and give them a real reason to stick together.

• Like 1

If you're curious about Lyra's actual fate, you will definitely like the next episode.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this