🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 217.5 — 1/30/15 TWO CHARTED 156

This week, Howard and Kulap pick up where they left off, with weather space or ocean is more interesting, as well as how this topic affected Howard’s confidence around women. Then, Howard and Kulap chart new waters by exposing Chartist’s to Lil Wayne’s new solo ventures and Howard takes a moment to acknowledge the power that Who Charted has had on the entertainment industry. Additionally, the gang weighs in on the Super Bowl and prop bets that include; how many costumes Katy Perry will go through in her half time performance, what kind of chemistry she will have with Lenny Kravitz, and which guest Artists will make an appearance. Later, Kulap helps Chartists understand the proper precautions that are needed in order to plan the perfect Bachelorette party. Lastly, as is expected, Howard makes one final argument for why the ocean should be more popular than Space.

WARNING

Before you start flipping the fuck out, beware:

This episode contains a big spoiler for Gravity.

• Like 7

Much like the muckraker who did not notice the celestial crown offered to him because he was too busy staring at the filth on the ground, scientists stare into space, not noticing the ocean a mere 12 miles from the Griffith Observatory

• Like 2

I'm going to place my bets with the gang:

-Katy Perry goes with 3 outfits including tear-away

-Perry and Kravitz do not go awkward or dirty sex it, maybe some hugging on stage

oh and PS that stupid Up on a Tuesday song with Drake is one of the worst hit songs (other than coco) in a while. The chorus literally sounds like a deaf person is trying to sing it. I don't understand that thing in rap/hip-hop... there are hundreds of guys and girls who can carry a constant note and sing a chorus, why have some guy who sounds like he just drank a bottle of sizzurp, did a line, popped some molly, smoked a J, and chugged a handle of vodka sing it??

I think Howard was possessed by the ghost of Cesar Romero for the "whoooo cares?" during his Griffith Observatory space rant, and yes, you definitely need to specify which part of his rant things came up as Howitt's Chart should be called "F' Space".

Also, from the last episode, a lot of countries in Miss Universe were from ocean adjacent countries, but aren't we all from space adjacent countries? Howard should also take issue with it being Miss Universe! We don't need to get the rest of that big empty space involved with a contest that doesn't concern them! They have a swimsuit section, but no astronaut dress up segment! This contest is horseshit, and that sun-burnt walking radish Trump knows it!

Surprise halftime guest??

How about Bonobos, Thedge, Larry Mullin Sr's son, Adam Clay-2 thousand Pounds??

• Like 5

Surprise halftime guest??

How about Bonobos, Thedge, Larry Mullin Sr's son, Adam Clay-2 thousand Pounds??

Doubtful, the shame in performing at the halftime special but not able to play guitar would be too much for bonobos to handle

• Like 3

WARNING

Thanks for the heads up! Could someone provide a timeframe please?

WARNING

Dan steps into the batters box, and proceeds to crush the ball!

Just read that Missy Elliott will be joining in Katy Perry's halftime show, now I'm excited for it.

I need the comeback from Missy and I needed it yesterday, enough of this Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea crap

about buffet lines in Vegas - Howard is right about jumping line w/ a medical issue.

I fainted and we jumped 150 ppl in line because of it - they took my group right to a table. It was amazing and everyone in our group talks about it to this day...."that fortuitous fainting situation..."

:D

Thanks for the heads up! Could someone provide a timeframe please?

The Gravity discussion starts at 1:06:30 and ends at 1:08:00.

• Like 1

So what Howie's saying is that the only movies that should be made anymore are movies where someone goes to the beach, looks at a dolphin, and spends no more than three minutes there before the thing's over, right?

Two favorite lines -

"You get Ed Sheeran if you're not gonna grind up against a guy."

"I'm not looking for a gu sanctuary!"

Who are these people that keep coming up to Howard talking about space? Why does he think everyone is constantly distracted by it? Has this whole thing just spawned from him not liking Interstellar and he hasn't let up?

Also, realistic space movie, Apollo 13.

Howie I'M listening to you. Trust me. I always wonder if like a live radio DJ ever wonders if he's just talking to himself and that for some technical reason he's not being broadcasted. That would cause major anxiety for me. But Howie, I can confirm to you that YOU ARE BEING HEARD. And you're cracking me up man, for all the right reasons.

I must say that space is fascinating. Imagine that these lights that we see from stars are light years away. Going 186,000 miles per second, the NEAREST star would take FOUR YEARS to get to! It's so mind boggling.

Always happy to hear the stakes raised in Kremer's War on Imagination, Space & Drake.*

*Also whistling

• Like 1

Hold on, Howard mentions he was going to Vegas a lot for... Scare Tactics? What does this mean! Did he have anything to do with that beautiful disaster of a TV series?

Yes, he appeared on it semi-regularly. They've discussed it before, though I have no idea when or with which guest(s).

• Like 1

Hope people saw this commersh during the Super Bowl. I think we're gonna be hearing a lot about it in the next week.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this