🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 102.5 — Minisode 102.5

...and then you get to the "big reveal" - the revelation that makes the title of this film both make sense and not make any sense at all - and you want to throw your TV out the window. But then you end up giving it a hug, instead. A really big, meaningful hug; because you know your television has suffered enough already.

(((ZORDOZ! ZORDOZ!)))

• Like 6

I am 46 minutes into Zardoz...1 hr to go...not sure if I'm going to make it.

Stick with it. This film never disappoints. I'm so looking forward to this episode I'm giddy. My only worry is 1 hour cannot do it justice. Without a doubt the greatest "bad" movie ever made.

• Like 2

I seriously don't see how this a bad movie AT ALL, though I'm glad they're covering it. Savages killing a bunch of futuristic Burning Man Neo-hippies? What's not to like?

Stick with it. This film never disappoints. I'm so looking forward to this episode I'm giddy. My only worry is 1 hour cannot do it justice. Without a doubt the greatest "bad" movie ever made.

Fair enough.

I did finish it, but still didn't like it and I really wanted to. This movie feels like it should be right in my wheelhouse. It's undoubtedly a classic "bad" movie, but ultimately it really didn't do much for me. I feel like maybe I am watching it at the wrong time of my life. It's kind of like when you meet that person who never saw The Goonies or The Lost Boys growing up and you tell them, "You HAVE to see these movies!" and once they do they are like, "Yeah, they were okay, I guess..." Maybe I just missed my connection to Context City.

What bugs me the most is I am reading all of these comments from people who love this movie, most of whom are regular posters (welcome to the boards, btw) whose tastes and opinions on these types of things align with mine almost 100% of the time, and I am just sitting here thinking, "What's wrong with me? I just don't get it."

I am looking forward to the episode though, because I can't imagine it being disappointing. I have some theories about how each of the gang are going to react and I want to see how close I am :)

• Like 4

I don't quite get the movie either. Probably too sober or old. Just as a movie they told the story in the least interesting way possible. Why have so much involving the Eternals who are the least interesting part of the film. Oh, we can live forever and it is so boring. How does penis work? How is baby formed? Let us look at your memories which are somehow in third person perspective. Don't act up or we'll jazz hand you into oldness.

Not to mention that there are so many different races of people and tasks that it felt like I was learning a new tabletop game. The Eternals are controlled by the Tabernacle which uses the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Although a Zardoz d20 game could be fun. "Well, you fumbled your rape roll so you throw her aside because she isn't into it."

• Like 3

Having watched it yesterday, I was maybe surprised by the most by the amount of BEWBS in this movie! Just bwebs, causally hanging out in vacuum sealed bags.

Next level bonkers.

• Like 1

Nudity is so plentiful because the film takes place in a world without sensuality or feeling, therefore nudity, something that would normally stimulate our libidos, is rendered meaningless. It's, like, a message or something guys! Metaphors for boners!

• Like 7

Anyone want to guess how long it will take Jason to say he found this movie "highly erotic" and jerked it throughout?

• Like 3

Anyone want to guess how long it will take Jason to say he found this movie "highly erotic" and jerked it throughout?

I am going to be contrary--and perhaps controversial--and say not at all.

My guess is that when it comes to recommending Zardoz, Jason and June are going to be firm "no's" and Paul is going to be a diplomatic, but begrudging, "yes." Of course, I base this on absolutely nothing, and I may be completely wrong, but that is my guess.

We should really start taking bets on these kinds of things. For instance, what's the over/under on the number of times June refers to this movie as "upsetting?"

• Like 4

If all three of them don't recommend this movie, I'm going to be angry.

Like, posting on the internet angry. It's not very angry.

• Like 2

This is one of those movies that i think everyone should watch, most wont like it but everyone should at least view it

I definitely don't regret watching it. It was coo-coo banana pants. Probably the weirdest movie I have ever seen. My biggest problem with it were definitely the scenes that just dragged on. There were so many times that SC is being introduced to some new concept or something and it just keeps going. He was running around that house of mirrors for like five minutes.

I don't know if being stoned helped get me through this or made it harder to grasp what was happening. It may be too hard to grasp anyway.

I am really looking forward to the podcast because I have a feeling there is going to be a lot to talk about.

Also agree Dan Harmon would be the perfect guest for this one. This movie seemed like it was the inspiration for an episode of the Adult Swim cartoon Rick and Morty and if it was hearing his input would be very cool.

• Like 1

Guys, I can't stress enough that you definitely need to listen to Boorman's commentary on this crazy film. He explains a hell of a lot.

I should add this was always one of the films my friends would show to people when they were tripping balls on acid.

If I remember correctly Connery agreed to do this film if he could choose any project after, which I think was the film The Offence, which is pretty dark.

This is the 3rd time I've seen Zardoz, and this is the first time that I was able to follow the plot. It's stupid and it doesn't really make sense in any conventional sort of way, True I was intoxicated in every viewing (how else could you sit through this movie). But I'm rather proud that I could decode all of the psycho babel of dialog into a "plot".

The ending, I think is the fucking craziest, because they just flash forward until they're skeletons (with hair) standing up? Why not just say "We lived happily ever after" or something?

Also, if you wanted to buy the Exterminator mask you can find it here for the low low low low price of $250.00 ! http://www.hauntedstudios.com/proddetail.php?prod=ZMG&cat=15

• Like 1

I think I kind of liked it. Does this make me deranged?

Felt like a film with thoughts on a lot of big ideas (relgion, mortality, sex, violence, equality, humanity) that drowned in its own what-the-fuck-ery.

• Like 1

As someone who does enjoy this film I hope that they get someone in who is a fan of this movie rather than have four people who hated it gang up on it.

• Like 3

This is the 3rd time I've seen Zardoz, and this is the first time that I was able to follow the plot. It's stupid and it doesn't really make sense in any conventional sort of way, True I was intoxicated in every viewing (how else could you sit through this movie). But I'm rather proud that I could decode all of the psycho babel of dialog into a "plot".

The ending, I think is the fucking craziest, because they just flash forward until they're skeletons (with hair) standing up? Why not just say "We lived happily ever after" or something?

Also, if you wanted to buy the Exterminator mask you can find it here for the low low low low price of $250.00 ! http://www.hauntedst...prod=ZMG&cat=15

apparently the first AC on the film accidently destroyed the film 3 times during that scene where sean connery is in the wedding dress. He hated that scene and chased the cameraman out of town after having to refilm it so many times

This was my first time watching this movie, even though I've known about it most of my life. It looked just too silly to waste an afternoon on before. It just dragged on and on, refusing to make any sense. Soon enough, it stopped being goofy fun at the expense of Sean "I'm too good for James Bond, but I'll do this!" Connery and his action-diaper, and just became a tedious parade of nonsensical exposition that only made things more confusing. I was so angry by the end, all I could think was Connery quit show biz because he deemed the director of "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" incompetent (ps, totally on-point with that call), and yet, I could actually TELL you what the plot of that movie is. My only theory is "Zardoz" doesn't take place on Earth, this is actually the planet of hippies from "The Way to Eden" episode of Star Trek.

Also, half-young half-old guy looks like Bobby Sherman and Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips got in a teleporter accident.

• Like 1