🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 69 — Betsy Sodaro, Our Close Friend

To be fair...I own the complete library of Orwell's published works...I think we should...have their extreme negativity speak for itself.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a wolf gnawing on a human ear forever" -Orwell, a name that I definitely recognize and whose work I have assuredly read

• Like 3

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a wolf gnawing on a human ear forever" -Orwell, a name that I definitely recognize and whose work I have assuredly read

I always thought it was weird how he named the evil character after himself.

• Like 2

I always thought it was weird how he named the evil character after himself.

Right, I read those passages and it's like, hellooo, Creative Writing 101 much?

"It was a cold day in April, and the clocks were striking 13" Umm, last time I checked Evil George Orwell, clocks only went up to 12

• Like 2

Right, I read those passages and it's like, hellooo, Creative Writing 101 much?

"It was a cold day in April, and the clocks were striking 13" Umm, last time I checked Evil George Orwell, clocks only went up to 12

Ugh, let me save you the trouble of having someone point out that in Europe the clocks go to 24 or some shit. Life lesson, anytime you point out that something is incorrect, you'll be shot down with "But that's how its done in Europe!" It must be so great over there. Sorry, "Over their."

• Like 4

Ugh, let me save you the trouble of having someone point out that in Europe the clocks go to 24 or some shit. Life lesson, anytime you point out that something is incorrect, you'll be shot down with "But that's how its done in Europe!" It must be so great over there. Sorry, "Over their."

Now I feel like the schmuck its been repeatedly suggested that I am, better hop on an airplane to Europe...err aeroplane

• Like 4

Now I feel like the schmuck its been repeatedly suggested that I am, better hop on an airplane to Europe...err aeroplane

You have to admit aeroplanes are cooler than airplanes.

• Like 2

You guys, I hear there are some sweet dive bars with killer live music over on the Lauren Lapkus podcast forum... Don't tell anyone else though because I don't want it to get played out or whatever.

PS - They could really use a store selling only organic food that the people on that forum cannot dream of affording. And a Starbucks... I know local coffee shops have better coffee but they take too long and plus, what if the one that opens sucks? I don't have time to wait for another one to open so that I can get good coffee. Seriously. Also, maybe if they just replaced Lauren Lapkus with Sean and Hayes it would be better! Enthusiasm for change! It'll be like Hollywood Handbook but with nice old brick architecture!

• Like 6

obv agata is way out in front

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 5

[axl rose voice] where do we go now

• Like 6

We post here because it is the only place we can get away with this sort of nonsense. That's just my humble, non-joke opinion.

• Like 3

I'm pretty inspired by how much fun energy and comedic goodness was generated in this thread by random angry guys barging in. To foster more of that sort of positive interaction, i think we should meet up in the forum of a different podcast each week to annoy and alienate people (by being awesome and hilarious in our own unmistakable way). That way, they'll come here, say mean stuff to us, and then we'll all laugh and be better friends than ever!

Seriously, though, it seems like each angry guy inspired several first-time-long-times to get off their butts and make an Earwolf account, so they could reset the karmic balance with their excellent first posts. So that actually is a pretty sweet side benefit of angry guys. Maybe we really DO need villains.

• Like 6

I'm pretty inspired by how much fun energy and comedic goodness was generated in this thread by random angry guys barging in. To foster more of that sort of positive interaction, i think we should meet up in the forum of a different podcast each week to annoy and alienate people (by being awesome and hilarious in our own unmistakable way). That way, they'll come here, say mean stuff to us, and then we'll all laugh and be better friends than ever!

Seriously, though, it seems like each angry guy inspired several first-time-long-times to get off their butts and make an Earwolf account, so they could reset the karmic balance with their excellent first posts. So that actually is a pretty sweet side benefit of angry guys. Maybe we really DO need villains.

I don't mind people coming here to try and get our goats, but we really can't just spam other podcast's forums. It's one thing to create 20 pages of dumb jokes that the mods have to sift through in these threads, but it's pretty unfair to make them do that for other podcasts. Mods is peoples too, and they certainly aren't getting paid full-time to deal with us. Again, sorry for being so non-fun but if we want this thing to be OK we do have to kind of keep it in some sort of bounds.

• Like 11

Was re listening on the way home from work and the part with the scene machine and hating on CBB is possibly the funniest three minutes of anything.

• Like 5

I don't mind people coming here to try and get our goats, but we really can't just spam other podcast's forums. It's one thing to create 20 pages of dumb jokes that the mods have to sift through in these threads, but it's pretty unfair to make them do that for other podcasts. Mods is peoples too, and they certainly aren't getting paid full-time to deal with us. Again, sorry for being so non-fun but if we want this thing to be OK we do have to kind of keep it in some sort of bounds.

Nice goat reference, and also a valid point about the mods being people too. And I think they SHOULD be paid full-time. Just take it out of some of the pro-version $$.

• Like 2

Completely agree, Bruce. Also, it just makes us look weird, and in turn makes HH look weird.

• Like 3

All I ever wanted to do was have fun and laughing with my friends (including mods), and to defeat angry guys. And frankly, just trying to keep track of posts on this thread and the TGIGOTGOST thread has been exhausting, I shudder to think about participating in even more forums. I don't like to admit I was wrong, but I AM very good at admitting i was wrong. Just please don't make me do it here in front of everyone.

• Like 5