🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 69 — Betsy Sodaro, Our Close Friend

The cool kind alternates with mania, so there's that.

Ooh, how do I get that? That sounds somewhat better, a portion of the time!

We actually don't have any candles yet I don't think but I have a feeling there will be many appearing soon.

Also yes I will be going. Are you and Tim coming down? I'll have time to kill before the show if IRL hangouts are happening.

Great! Yeah, Tim and I are planning to come down...and we may be with others if we're lucky. We should definitely plan to meet before the show.

• Like 2

Spunky, can we get a new photo of Hurricane Dennis and Ross every week please?

Unrelated comment: I'm writing the pilot for a sitcom called "Hurricane Dennis and Ross." It's like a buddy cop show, but instead of cops they're magicians who solve mysteries. Hurricane Dennis is a handsome dignified older man who is serious but charming. Ross is a young silly skirt chaser who often gets the duo into trouble. They live together in a loft apartment.

I will be happy to post pictures of my dogs, weekly or even semi-weekly. I can also be technical consultant on your script if you'd like pointers about their real-life personas, but if you'd rather not know so their characters can start from a blank slate, I totally understand.

Edit: Here's a picture from today's edition of the internet homepage of a local news channel. No big deal, Hurricane Dennis is just super famous as best Ewok now.

635590218748798979-krewe-of-barkus-2015-2209.jpg

• Like 5

You guys should listen to greggy describe the rules of football on his podcast. Whoever catches the football is the football man for the day

• Like 7

PS - I hear candles are a great way to transform a space.

Yeah, they are a great way to transform an apartment into a smoldering heap of ashes! Don't be a pawn of big candle!

#firehazard #alsosmokestainsontheceiling

Edit: sorry for flying off the handle like some kind of Delino DeShields. It's a sore spot in my own relationship with my wife, and it is unfair to take my frustration out on you.

• Like 2

Hey guys, I'm sick with an annoying chest cold. Just wanted to tell you all that I haven't read any of your posts and I'm still on top baby

• Like 5

Great! Yeah, Tim and I are planning to come down...and we may be with others if we're lucky. We should definitely plan to meet before the show.

someone should tape their phone to their face and run the hangout app the whole time so i can be there too

• Like 3

Juicy Goss:

1. Valerie, Tim and I are best friends now in real life.

2. Joe has a cold.

3. Chanson doesn't visit the forums much anymore since he started his political campaign.

4. Charlie has a new dog and enjoys peeing in a lady's bed.

5. Andy moved in with his girlfriend, but they don't have any candles.

6. We are now so powerful that we have over 600 posts every thread. Right? We'll get over 600 tonight?

7. Hurricane Dennis is a famous dog model now.

8. JeffreyParties is back after six months.

9. There's one more lady on the HH forum. That brings us up to 4.

10. Charlie Murphy Brown is AWOL.

• Like 7

Juicy Goss:

1. Valerie, Tim and I are best friends now in real life.

2. Joe has a cold.

3. Chanson doesn't visit the forums much anymore since he started his political campaign.

4. Charlie has a new dog and enjoys peeing in a lady's bed.

5. Andy moved in with his girlfriend, but they don't have any candles.

6. We are now so powerful that we have over 600 posts every thread. Right? We'll get over 600 tonight?

7. Hurricane Dennis is a famous dog model now.

8. JeffreyParties is back after six months.

10. Charlie Murphy Brown is AWOL.

Thanks. This helped a lot. I'm glad everyone has grown so much.

• Like 3

someone should tape their phone to their face and run the hangout app the whole time so i can be there too

Good idea greggy. Maybe we can do a brief hangout or something. I'll just hold the phone though....in my hand.

• Like 1

Mania is only fun for the first 24 hours. Then you have to find a new Kiefer Sutherland vehicle. I immediately regret this bit.

• Like 2

We actually don't have any candles yet I don't think but I have a feeling there will be many appearing soon.

Also yes I will be going. Are you and Tim coming down? I'll have time to kill before the show if IRL hangouts are happening.

I'm going too! Sorry I forgot to Hollerwood at you. If you guys want to meet up before, I'll be free at 6:30 at the Sunset theater. One time I was going to buy a candle for somebody as a gift and was informed that Yankee Candles are too mainstream candles, so do yourself a favor and look into more alternative candles.

Edit: I look forward to meeting everybody!

• Like 4

Yo, Chanson, still reeling from John Oliver's burn on Seattle last week? Or are you just glad Last Week Tonight is back? I know I am.

As much as I love John Oliver, I don't watch his show because I can just read/listen to/watch the news and make my own funny opinions without needing to hear someone else's cynical-masquerading-as-satirical views on it. Although, I'm sure Seattle deserved the burn... Because I'm annoyed by Seattle right now. Truth.

Is there a hangout tonight?

• Like 1

As much as I love John Oliver, I don't watch his show because I can just read/listen to/watch the news and make my own funny opinions without needing to hear someone else's cynical-masquerading-as-satirical views on it. Although, I'm sure Seattle deserved the burn... Because I'm annoyed by Seattle right now. Truth.

Is there a hangout tonight?

Well I can just ask all of my famous people friends for insider tips to the biz but I still listen to Hollywood Handbook.

• Like 4

Juicy Goss:

Did I get counted in this group ? I'm also a lady-bird with a boy-ish forum name. Also needs to be cleared up as S+H referred to me as a "he" last week when I was awarded Pro version winner of the week best of.

• Like 7

The live show is at the UCB Sunset right? Has anyone been there yet? I heard you can piss on the floor like at the Penthouse Penthouse.

• Like 6

Did I get counted in this group ? I'm also a lady-bird with a boy-ish forum name. Also needs to be cleared up as S+H referred to me as a "he" last week when I was awarded Pro version winner of the week best of.

A lady with a man's name? We really are living in the future. What's next, will a man be able to marry a horse? A male horse? I, for one, can't wait!

• Like 7

A person can never marry a horse because a horse's spirit can never be tied down. They are destined to roam, forever free, into the big sunset that only happens on the frontier.

You can marry a lot of goats though, they are fucked up and like it when you marry a lot of them

• Like 5

Welcome to My 60 Year Old Landlady's Music Habits Handbook. The previous 7 songs she's blasted against the wall we share have been: Get Lucky, Get Lucky again, Run Around, Fly Away, Find My Baby, Fly Away again, Find My Baby again.

EDIT: She started playing If You're Into It by Flight of the Conchords, let that go about a minute, then switched back to Find My Baby.

Just FYI I told this to my friend, hope that was OK. She laughed twice (2 times.) Don't worry, I didn't take credit, I said "a guy on the internet said this thing."

• Like 1

The live show is at the UCB Sunset right? Has anyone been there yet? I heard you can piss on the floor like at the Penthouse Penthouse.

I've been there quite abit in the last few months since it opened. Last time I was there was for the Womp It Up podcast and everyone was well-behaved, no pissing on the floors -- perhaps if they threw down some sawdust ? Is that how they do at the Penthouse Penthouse ?

• Like 3

A person can never marry a horse because a horse's spirit can never be tied down. They are destined to roam, forever free, into the big sunset that only happens on the frontier.

You can marry a lot of goats though, they are fucked up and like it when you marry a lot of them

Even better. I can't wait for the day when I can marry the hell out of a whole bunch of goats! I think that's what people are referring to when they talk about "the singularity."

• Like 1

Update: There are 5 ladies on this forum. Yay, ladies!!!!

Also, Asteck, I'm so glad you'll be there. Yes, let's meet at UCB at 6:30...or earlier! Now let's get Agata, July, and Gabe to join us.

• Like 3