🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 69 — Betsy Sodaro, Our Close Friend

Breathless evangelism of The Media You Like is a good use of time and cool and not at all what was just lampooned in the T.G.I.G.O.T.G.OST podcast.

Wait, is lampoons satire?

• Like 3

Breathless evangelism of The Media You Like is a good use of time and cool and not at all what was just lampooned in the T.G.I.G.O.T.G.OST podcast.

Wait, is lampoons satire?

No, I think lampoons is ok.

PS I was about to look for an image for a lamb-poon joke but thought better of it. So I do have at least a LITTLE discretion.

• Like 3

I think one of my favourite epis of RSS is #10, "Motorboatin'". The episode takes its title from a song by "Tate" Stephens, onetime winner of the voice and current media giant who's always on the top 40. I think this was one of the first epis I listened to, and it's whenever I relisten I feel the presence of the ghost of that past self, I feel when I noticed embarassingly late what they were doing w/ the "bag of salt" riff. It's a really solid episode and I heartily encourage everyone to give it the old listen.

• Like 3

What happened here? What is this, hostility handbook?

Place turn into a ski lodge? Seems like things got heated.

I do think we shouldn't be robbing Betsy of posts that she rightfully earned.

• Like 3

Sometimes I laugh because I know I could beat up everyone and their dads in this forum. I am a trained navy blue seal with over 300 confirmed spills onto dry land. I can jump through any hoop and balance a beach all on my nose. Sooooo yall really don't want this. If there are any challengers u can tell me how u think u could pin me down and have ur way with me lolol dude I'm way too slippery for that. So talk ur shit and I'll tell u why ur wrong. I know ur mad but i don't give a shiiiiiit. Lol k, bah.

• Like 15

Lol bro dont even try me. Me and my bros are rolling on the seabed laughing at ur post. Um.. U know that big body of water that surrounds all the land? Ya the ocean thats my location. I only turn on hot chicks and whatever street the bank is on cause im always going to the seabank to collect them bones. Have u ever even swam?

Edit: quit mean mugging me

• Like 12

Good one. Not. I'm a decent swimmer and I beat seals for breakfast buddy you bastards are dead. Whereabouts in the ocean, way too general

You're actually so fucking dead

• Like 9

We post here because it is the only place we can get away with this sort of nonsense. That's just my humble, non-joke opinion.

I don't know, man. I don't see how we're "getting away with" anything. We're just talking and forming a community around podcasts we like, all of which happen to be comedy podcasts, so making jokes is kind of part of the deal. I don't see how anything we're doing or have done can justifiably be construed as wrong or reprehensible in any way. I can see how going to Lauren Lapkus' forum might be considered sorta annoying but it's not as though we are going to stay there and continue posting endlessly for days on end. It's just a one-time Sean and Hayes episode and one of the things that Sean and Hayes have is a crazy forum fan club, so it seems only natural that it would migrate over to that forum for their episode. Unless I missed something (and that's certainly possible), I haven't seen anyone do anything all that bad, so I don't really understand where you're coming from but am still glad you brought it up because it is something to think about.

• Like 3

Apologies if I came off as hostile. I am merely consumed with impotent, aimless rage, constantly. On an unrelated note, I stubbed my toe and it hurts so I'm going to kill it as an example to the others.

• Like 4

Anyone notice today was Hayes' first guest appearance on another podcast in 2.5 years of working for the international conglomerate of Earwolf? Hmmmm and until now, he was living up to his personal host description so well.

Should we consider that he now has found meaning in life? Should we consider he will go on to live life free from the pressures that Anchorman and his fellow suits have been blanketing him with in the ever time-consuming world that is Hollywood Handbook?

The answers to those two questions are no and mmmmm no.

• Like 2

I am so fucking friggin pumped that we got another show to listen to this week. I'll report back with more thoughts. PEACE.

• Like 4

Apologies if I came off as hostile. I am merely consumed with impotent, aimless rage, constantly. On an unrelated note, I stubbed my toe and it hurts so I'm going to kill it as an example to the others.

You're killing it all right. And by it I mean me, and by killing me I mean with laughing too hard. Impotent rage, stubbed toes...friggin' hilarious. It's so relatable!

• Like 1

I don't know, man. I don't see how we're "getting away with" anything. We're just talking and forming a community around podcasts we like, all of which happen to be comedy podcasts, so making jokes is kind of part of the deal. I don't see how anything we're doing or have done can justifiably be construed as wrong or reprehensible in any way. I can see how going to Lauren Lapkus' forum might be considered sorta annoying but it's not as though we are going to stay there and continue posting endlessly for days on end. It's just a one-time Sean and Hayes episode and one of the things that Sean and Hayes have is a crazy forum fan club, so it seems only natural that it would migrate over to that forum for their episode. Unless I missed something (and that's certainly possible), I haven't seen anyone do anything all that bad, so I don't really understand where you're coming from but am still glad you brought it up because it is something to think about.

I stand by my previous post. I'm not telling anyone what to do and I'm not making any moral judgments. All I'm saying is that we post an incredible amount of "off-topic" material in specific show threads, and then we ask the mods to change the format of the forum so we can have more fun. That doesn't happen anywhere else on the internet that I know of. The Earwolf forums and this show's threads are fairly unique. This is the place that I am coming from.

• Like 4

Sometimes I feel like a floozy for giving up my likes so easily, but then I visit a place like the CBB forum and I leave the thread with my like pouch secure and I realize that you guys are really just that good.

• Like 15

Anyone notice today was Hayes' first guest appearance on another podcast in 2.5 years of working for the international conglomerate of Earwolf?

Yeah, it's been a while...

By the way, whose dick do I have to suck around here to win the pro version?

• Like 6

Yeah, it's been a while...

By the way, whose dick do I have to suck around here to win the pro version?

There's been some discussion about this and we think it might be Michael Bay of Pigs, but nobody's been willing to try it and find out. Godspeed, friend!

• Like 3

I think, instead of being cool in other forums we should have an honorary villain in the new ep thread and say something super slick and evil and maybe have a evil mustache on the avatar. This way we bring out the non-posters as they come to slay the dragon.

Also anyone notice the Wolf Den mod comes in and agrees with us staying in 'our land'?? makes u think..

• Like 3

I think, instead of being cool in other forums we should have an honorary villain in the new ep thread and say something super slick and evil and maybe have a evil mustache on the avatar. This way we bring out the non-posters as they come to slay the dragon.

Also anyone notice the Wolf Den mod comes in and agrees with us staying in 'our land'?? makes u think..

Yeah it makes me think, it makes me think that the Wolf Den knows that Sean and Hayes are hot on their heels, and so they come in here sewing subversive ideas like "don't go into other forums and sew subversive ideas!"

Edit: I love the designated villain idea, btw. My 'tar already has a mustache! Now I just need to figure out how to make it less old-timey and more evil.

Edit: Alternative idea, Hayes could strike up a secret deal with DeLoreanShields to come in an kick the hornets' nest a few times a week and inspire hella riffing. I think this may already be happening.

• Like 2

I hadn't been a huge fan of the Lapcast so far, save for the PFT ep. S&H are so good at moving the show along and it really helped build Lapkus's character. They're the best in the biz folks.

• Like 6