🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 218 — Electric Daisy Carnival

Howard and Kulap welcome to the show Iliza Schlesinger, who helps describe life on a cruise, the importance of working out, and why the Irish can’t be in the sun. Then, in a special “Ultimate EDM Chart” Howard explains what the perfect tune would be for those times when you’re in a dressing room, doing a fitting, designing a costume for Sam Smith. Also, during the movie chart, Iliza helps explain what kind of guy every woman is secretly hoping for, mostly one that isn’t trying kill your whole family. Additionally, Iliza helps the crew assess the business profiles of each of the Shark Tank judges, as well as why the audition process for American Idol is still worth watching. Lastly, Iliza fields questions from Chartists, wherein, she inadvertently defends Howard’s month long defense of the ocean.

I wonder what howard's cloth studio looks like.. besides the cloth.. great great episode!

Seems like there's no C in her name, its spelled wrong someplace, because sometimes you have a C and sometimes you don't

Just a heads up as guests probably don't want their names spelled incorrectly

The music charts being stagnant seem to be a function of the inclusion of streaming services, which have horrible algorithms that never seem to change for the "radio" playback (at least from personal experience). The genre stations/playlists from Pandora, for instance, flat out do not change. I teach classes at a gym and one of the popular choices of other coaches is the "Dance Cardio" station that has been the same 10 or so songs for the past year and a half, at least. If the chart includes streaming services that report those plays, nothing ever moves.

Father John Misty's skewing of those algorithms on his SAP parody service is pretty much spot on.

• Like 2

haha, Iliza's guess of the title of Project Almanac being "The Vandelay Report" murdered me. She's a Seinfeld fan to boot (I would have to assume), uh oh I'm in love

• Like 1

Man Kremer and Iliza are on the same wavelength, huh? Maybe she needs to sub in next time Wei Wei is out of town.

• Like 1

Hey wait, weren't they going to touch on the Superbowl and the half-time show? Did I space out and miss a segment, or did they just not happen at all?

I'm not much of a fan of Iliza's stand-up, but I usually like hearing her other places: podcasts and @Midnight and stuff.

I'm not much of a fan of Iliza's stand-up, but I usually like hearing her other places: podcasts and @Midnight and stuff.

holy backhanded compliment

Hey wait, weren't they going to touch on the Superbowl and the half-time show? Did I space out and miss a segment, or did they just not happen at all?

They said they would get into it on Twooch.

Iliza's channeling of Howard's various stances was hilarious, and I thought she fit in with the vibe and flow of the show really well overall.

• Like 3

I don't know Iliza's stand up, but I loved her on this episode. I think being an exaggerated curmudgeon is funny, which is also a role Howard plays.

• Like 1

Saving it for Twooch I'm sure.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this