🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DavidRosen

My "The Room" Story

So I've been going back and catching up on old episodes and just listened to The Room episode (amazing) and thought people would enjoy my story.

I actually saw The Room at its 3rd ever screening outside of LA here in Las Vegas at a film festival at The Palms. I'm a film music composer and I frequently attend as many film festivals as I can get myself into to see movies and network. So my friend and I were walking around while I exchanged business cards until I eventually gave one to Tommy Wiseau. I of course had no idea who he was but he told me "Oh, you composer? You should see my movie. I spend $2 million on music!" Perhaps that's where a good chunk of that ridiculous budget went? I suppose we'll never truly know.

I of course had no idea what I was in for when we walked into the theater. Somehow even that far back (the DVD wasn't even out yet) people were already dying laughing and seemingly already in on the joke and yelling things back on the screen... I honestly don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life. I've been a fan ever since.

Unfortunately Tommy hasn't hired me to compose music for him for $2 million yet.

• Like 3

I wish they'd brought up the music on the Room episode! It was the most dated, bland, generic "slow jams" R&B. Did Tommy see a couple of early '90s movie sex scenes and assume that that's how they all should sound?

I wish they'd brought up the music on the Room episode! It was the most dated, bland, generic "slow jams" R&B. Did Tommy see a couple of early '90s movie sex scenes and assume that that's how they all should sound?

Honesty, those songs sounded like the generic, bland R&B songs from albums you never heard of in the 99 cents bin at Pic-n-Save.

Yeah it sounds like that copyright free music. that kind you find in most shopping malls.playing in the background. I don't recall any music in that movie at all. I am starting to question myself if there was music in "the room"

Yeah it sounds like that copyright free music. that kind you find in most shopping malls.playing in the background. I don't recall any music in that movie at all. I am starting to question myself if there was music in "the room"

There were at least 2 tracks (played over the endless establishing shots, and one for the sex scenes), also the guy who did the music for The Room was on American Idol.

Sign in to follow this