🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 333 — Pit Stop

Jack Antonoff of fun. & Bleachers finally makes his way onto Comedy Bing Bong for a serious chat about love. Scott & Jack talk about immortality, marriage, and Jack’s personal 10 commandments. Then, Susan and Jacob Brooks of Pit Stop in Beverly Hills come into the studio to tell us all about their pit rescue business, their past life as bullies, and the status of their tiger sanctuary. It’s a real flipperidoo of an episode you won’t want to miss!

Trying to hold off expectations, but past episodes indicate super boring bands = super boring people, and the comedians having to work double hard to stop the show getting dragged into a black hole of bleakness. Here's hoping Horatio is in top form then!

• Like 1

People say Lauren Lapkus is the new PFT, but Horatio Sanz is definitely right up there with her. Been in 3/7 eps and his own podcast bro!!

This dude sucks. Fun is like some non-weird version of Queen. Bleachers is about as generic rock as you can get. I don't get the appeal. And then his like sincerity. I would be so embarrassed if I was LD. But maybe if you produce a show like Girls as relevant content, you deserve a Jack in your life.

Good Job at Like JA & LD.

Ray Rice....how in the world did we go from talking about Jeff Foxworthy to Satan to Ray Rice? What is happening?

I like Fun's first record a whole lot and Steel Train, Bleachers is not for me at all. Jack seems nice but he's a little boring and this episode picks up when the comedian guests come in

Ray Rice....how in the world did we go from talking about Jeff Foxworthy to Satan to Ray Rice? What is happening?

That was a very strange part for me as well.

this was lame. the guy is boring and obviously knows nothing about cbb. I guess only fans of his would want to hear his narcissistic/ignorant thoughts. It's like it doesn't know how to hold a conversation where two people contribute equally.

Please never have him back on the show. I won't be fooled again!

Well I liked the more serious talk, the Todd Glass episode last year was one of my favourites

• Like 1

I can tell this is going to be a real fun thread. Yeesh.

• Like 14

Barely even a few posts here and I have a great reminder about what vicious assholes CBB fanboys can be.

• Like 2

For the most part (other than the marriage and Ray Rice discussions) I thought Jack was actually kind of funny. And Horatio was amazing as usual. Plus there are three episodes this week?? Hopefully they turn out like when Mike and Omar take out the trash -- good epps.

• Like 11

I like him and I like his music, but some of the conversation was a little confusing. I think he may well not have understood the CBB idea, but then other times he seemed to be trying to get some jokes going. Not a terrible first appearance, but just a little off (the dog rescue bit actually made me laugh 'he's an asshole and he learned to pee in his mouth and he's brought that into our home'). If he comes back, having been through it once, he'll be more prepared.

• Like 1

I thought that Jack was cool and smart and the funniest thing on the show in a long time actually! What people need to remember is that guy probably has a LOT of money and he isn't gonna want to share it with any of you people who are saying mean things about him!

• Like 8

I just finished up the interview portion. I thought Scotty did a great job of navigating the conversation. Antonoff came off as someone who's kind of looking for answers, which is a weird place to be in for CBB. Though, I'm always interested when Scott reveals more of his own philosophy because it's usually pretty interesting.

Scott kept trying to lead Antonoff into jokes ("oh like you never learned how to do laundry?") but I don't think Antonoff is probably versed in "yes, and" but Scott did a GREAT job of moving on when the jokes didn't take.

Anyway. Kind of a weird interview, but I enjoyed it.

• Like 7

People say Lauren Lapkus is the new PFT, but Horatio Sanz is definitely right up there with her. Been in 3/7 eps and his own podcast bro!!

Let's be really official here because specificity is the soul of narrative— Horatio has made 12 CBB podcast appearances, 2 CBBTV appearances where Scott has gone on record saying he could not stop breaking, his i4h appearances are always amazing, as is The Hooray Show, he's an SNL alumnus and creator of the newest Christmas Catalog staple 'I WIsh It Was Christmas Today' (Step aside, Mariah!), and he's a founding member of the UCB.

Fuckin' A he's right up there with Lauren Lapkus and PFT. The man's an amazing talent.

Apologies if this reads as crotchety or ornery. I just want Horatio to get the credit he deserves. He's been making me laugh for forever. Check out the two UCB ASSSCAT specials they recorded in 2007. One was on

and one is on DVD. Horatio's on both (along with many other super-funny, recognizable people).
  • Like 10

Let's be really official here because specificity is the soul of narrative— Horatio has made 12 CBB podcast appearances, 2 CBBTV appearances where Scott has gone on record saying he could not stop breaking, his i4h appearances are always amazing, as is The Hooray Show, he's an SNL alumnus and creator of the newest Christmas Catalog staple 'I WIsh It Was Christmas Today' (Step aside, Mariah!), and he's a founding member of the UCB.

Fuckin' A he's right up there with Lauren Lapkus and PFT. The man's an amazing talent.

Apologies if this reads as crotchety or ornery. I just want Horatio to get the credit he deserves. He's been making me laugh for forever. Check out the two UCB ASSSCAT specials they recorded in 2007. One was on

and one is on DVD. Horatio's on both (along with many other super-funny, recognizable people).

Think they just meant it as like he's guesting extremely frequently of late, probably to promote his new podcast.

People say Lauren Lapkus is the new PFT...

I didn't know Mr Tompkins had passed I am sorry to hear that.

• Like 6