🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 333 — Pit Stop

Think they just meant it as like he's guesting extremely frequently of late, probably to promote his new podcast.

NO! I want to argue my point! On a MESSAGEBOARD!!! I'm tired of all the Horatio hate! Ow, I hurt my fist banging it on my keyboard.

• Like 3

BMMMP BMMMP BMMMP BMMMP

WELL IT'S HOLLWOOD FACTS AND WE'RE GO -

shit wrong thread.

NO, YOU GOT IT STUCK IN MY HEAD AGAIN! I just finally got it out.

...goin' downtown,

Goin' to Inglewood now

Everybody do your facts and know your stars,

there's glitz and glamour and lots of bars.

Get a drink at a club, and then go walk in front of the Chinese Theater

Hollywood Facts! Take out your diiiiick!

Check out the facts, it's the Hollywood facts, BRO!

• Like 10

Yikes, why are people such dicks? I thought the opening interview portion was funny and enjoyable. Who cares if you don't like the dude's music?

• Like 11

I haven't had much experience with Miriam Tolan. I've coincidentally seen the movies she has credits in. But as far as podcasts go— other than this CBB ep— she's appeared as the great Rochelle the Elf on the ADPPP ep Get Fit Now with Bill Carter! So far she's two for two on podcast eps! She's a great player!

I still crack up whenever I think about Rochelle's plug:

"I am working on a... story about... a... hamburger... who... has powers."

• Like 4

NO, YOU GOT IT STUCK IN MY HEAD AGAIN! I just finally got it out.

...goin' downtown,

Goin' to Inglewood now

Everybody do your facts and know your stars,

there's glitz and glamour and lots of bars.

Get a drink at a club, and then go walk in front of the Chinese Theater

Hollywood Facts! Take out your diiiiick!

Check out the facts, it's the Hollywood facts, BRO!

Nice.

• Like 3

I wonder if Scott felt weird when Jack talked about how he doesn't think it's ok to be dating people who are way younger than you are.

• Like 8

Again, guests like these are difficult episodes for Scotty Ox -- I'll introduce myself in a minute -- yet he keeps the funny. I'll introduce myself in a minute but let's give a little a credit to a host with talent. And for all this over-rating of Sanz -- and I'll introduce myself in a minute -- Sanz drops clunkers, he's inconsistent, inexplicably lazy, and hit-or-miss. Scott and PFT professionally never miss.

the interview segment was a bit awkward (as already mentioned in this thread ad infinitum), but I feel that Jack definitely arrived at some points.

Like, 'you're really saving two dogs'? I don't know why, but that was so serious and genuine that I laughed harder there than anywhere else.

• Like 1

Isn't it easier to just hit pause on the podcast, think 'this one isn't for me', and move on to another show that you'll appreciate rather than jumping onto the forums to be a negative nancy? How about focusing on what you do enjoy instead of whining about what you don't?

Loved the Sanz and Tolan characters, good stuff.

• Like 3

Valentine's Day is going to be the Gilly/Garry wedding you guys I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

Also, I think Jack did pretty okay for a dude who's clearly not a comedian nor even a comedy nerd of any sort. I sometimes dig serious interviews on this show and they went to some weird places and even got Choctaw to unironically say "Check your privilege, bro." That's some shit!

• Like 8

Isn't it easier to just hit pause on the podcast, think 'this one isn't for me', and move on to another show that you'll appreciate rather than jumping onto the forums to be a negative nancy? How about focusing on what you do enjoy instead of whining about what you don't?

Loved the Sanz and Tolan characters, good stuff.

Whoa whoa whoa - you mean we can use the Internet for more than lobbying complaints against the things we love and not propel ourselves into a horrible cycle of needless negativity and subliminal self-hatred?

Neat!

• Like 4

This dude sucks. Fun is like some non-weird version of Queen. Bleachers is about as generic rock as you can get. I don't get the appeal. And then his like sincerity. I would be so embarrassed if I was LD. But maybe if you produce a show like Girls as relevant content, you deserve a Jack in your life.

Good Job at Like JA & LD.

Nice 'covert' shot at Lena Dunham. Classy!

• Like 1

I wonder if Scott felt weird when Jack talked about how he doesn't think it's ok to be dating people who are way younger than you are.

According to Wikipedia he's dating Lena Dunham, WHO IS IN FACT TWO YEARS YOUNGER THAN HIM! Guys, let's get on twitter and complain about this, and one person call Zouks, who is not on twitter, so he can still get the info.

• Like 1

I like the song I Wanna Get Better by Bleachers but I always thought, looking at the dude, that he might be someone I would hate so I was scared to investigate further, so I'm glad he seems like an alright guy

• Like 1

Having an opinion doesn't really make someone a vicious asshole, but I think when it comes to free, high-quality entertainment people should always give guests the benefit of the doubt. Someone else already summed it up really well: Jackinoff wasn't really on board, Scott did a great job keeping it going at its usual pace, and then the Pit Stop crew had me laughing the whole time. I think if Jackinoff came back, he'd be much more into it (it being CBB); I mean, he didn't know the format or even that it was all one episode. I can understand why people would hate on him, especially if they already don't like his music, but again... Czech yourself, because this is free comedy and we generally like to keep the boards fun. and happy. Unless someone calls Lapkus cute, then it's FEMINIST WARS II: The Feminning!

• Like 5

This guy was good and nice and cool. I thought both him and Scott did a great job with the serious chat, and seamlessly bringing it back into the funny zone.

I do, however, have one nit to pick. I looked up bleachers on iTunes today, and apparently this Jack fellow did a song with Yoko Ono. How did that not come up?

• Like 2

Also, this guy was in jail. Do you expect him to be funny every second? I thought Jack Abramoff was surprisingly likable.

• Like 5

Wow, sexual abuse and necrophilia came up BEFORE Horatio's character entered. Who could have predicted that?

• Like 10

Having an opinion doesn't really make someone a vicious asshole

Agreed. And I apologize for maybe using too harsh of words in my earlier post. Just opening up the page and seeing the first several comments to be annoyingly dickish and negative kind of pissed me off and reminded me of past problems here

was really hoping for a cross/adomian/odenkirk episode or something, they've all got big things to promote right now. i hope that's coming soon.

instead i get lena dunham's boyfriend.

• Like 2

Plus there are three episodes this week?? Hopefully they turn out like when Mike and Omar take out the trash -- good epps.

Whaaaa?! Three episodes?!

• Like 1