🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 333 — Pit Stop

I wanna say that I hate this episode just to see how many people comment that you cant say you hate an episode.

This anti-hate is like reverse racism, but stupider.

edit: Miriam should be on the show more

• Like 2

Is anyone saying "you can't say you hate anything!" or are they saying "why bother saying you hate something if that's all your going to say?"

I've been hearing the latter, but maybe my ears are wrong ...

• Like 7

Jack is like the poster child for a nice young man and I liked how earnest he was. If you get angry about dudes being deliberately nice and considerate congrats on your life I guess!

• Like 6

Agreed. And I apologize for maybe using too harsh of words in my earlier post. Just opening up the page and seeing the first several comments to be annoyingly dickish and negative kind of pissed me off and reminded me of past problems here

Yusss don't say anything bad about LEna Dunham baby!~

Nice 'covert' shot at Lena Dunham. Classy!

Well it is true. a rule on the internet (if you want to play by the rules of being a tasteful netstreamer in 2015), is to not say anything bad about the queen of relevance LD!~~ Lol, I like that you write 'classy', like it is classless to talk smack on a TV star... whaaa?

Also does anyone know where I can find the origins of this sort of shame currency/policing, where someone guilts the forums for their complaints with the "free entertainment so shut up!"... didn't it start with Scott like calling out the forums for their ungratefulness and then the whole free entertainment thing came up?. Anyone have a link to that show? If you want to do a bizzarre search look up "scott aukerman"+"free entertainment" on google and there are just a bunch of people thanking scott for dying on the metaphorical cross of free entertainment and for all the "free laughs"... when did this weird taboo of saying something negative start? Are people afraid scott is going to shut down the whole free entertainment system if we are all negative? I guess there is a price to pay no matter what 응

• Like 1

Agreed. And I apologize for maybe using too harsh of words in my earlier post. Just opening up the page and seeing the first several comments to be annoyingly dickish and negative kind of pissed me off and reminded me of past problems here

I'm right there with ya bud, sorry if I singled you out. I'm annoyed by haters in the exact same way, but I'm also guilty of being negative sometimes so I've really changed my tune. As bad as some "fanboys" can be, the defensive fans can be just as hateful toward anyone with a dissenting opinion. I think we're all friends here by default, because we must share a sense of humor and probably a bunch of other traits, so I'd rather find some common ground than become divided!

GayHammer, I was actually defending the complaints but at the same time questioning the merits of complaining about a particular guest on a show like CBB. I'm not trying to shame or censor anyone, just countering their opinion with my own. But yeah, I can see how that's the exact same as telling someone to shut up as I police the Earwolf forums. On that note, aren't you shaming and policing me by bringing it up? I've disliked guests too and some recent comedians didn't make me laugh once, but I just decided to leave them out of my positive comments.

Edit: GayHammer, you edited your comment without specifying that you edited your comment, even after someone responded to you. I see now that you're a badboy of forum etiquette and I bow to your superior coolness.

...seeing the first several comments to be annoyingly dickish and negative kind of pissed me off and reminded me of past problems here

Like that time someone left the window open and a bee flew in?

• Like 8

Jack Antonoff? I barely know Anton. (Stolen and paraphrased from Will Forte as I recall.) All I could think of since seeing the guest.

• Like 6

I actually can't believe people are hating on this episode. I thought Jack was great and made me laugh a lot more than most MUUUUSICAAAL GUEEEESSTTs. He then let Horatio & Miriam do their bit, whenever Scott brought it back to him he was game. It seemed like he was just enjoying his time there and probably laughing and smiling to himself.

I may be biased since I did merch a band that went on tour with Steel Train when I was younger and wilder, but Jack used to be a pretty quiet shy kid. He seemed really at ease here which was surprising. I would like him to come back.

This may be my favorite episode of the new year (but that's mostly because Horatio killed it with every line).

• Like 7

Yusss don't say anything bad about LEna Dunham baby!~

Ok? Nothing I've commented on has had anything to do with Dunham...ur so funny!!! ~~lulz

Ok? Nothing I've commented on has had anything to do with Dunham...ur so funny!!! ~~lulz

Thanx bud~*~* (♥━♥)

Edit: GayHammer, you edited your comment without specifying that you edited your comment, even after someone responded to you. I see now that you're a badboy of forum etiquette and I bow to your superior coolness.

That is super punk and krazee baby... i broke the rules of the internet...i feel like a real bad ass now.

Edited for grammar baby

Yikes, lots of positivity police in this thread. This happens often enough to where I hardly ever check these forums. :(

• Like 2

Yikes, lots of positivity police in this thread. This happens often enough to where I hardly ever check these forums. :(

I always smile whenever I see a brand new profile created to say stuff like that. Apparently it was worth the bother.

• Like 5

I think everyone should be allowed to voice their opinions regarding the content Earwolf provides. In fact I think the sentiment that you shouldn't comment if you don't like a particular person, character, bit, is counter productive. If no one gets constructive criticism (and I'm not here to argue what my, your or someone else's definition of constructive criticism is) it decreases the chance that they might change/grow. I know I'm fallible and have been made better by someone telling me something I thought was good was actually shitty. Also, this show is free, but it's sponsored. So, Earwolf is relying on downloads, listens, etc. so they can get revenue from advertisers. So, if someone takes some of this forum advice and just doesn't listen, that number decreases. I think the better (and I'm not saying perfect) solution is to let people say what they don't like. They feel heard and perhaps Scott or even the guest might take something away from the criticism that might make them a better person. I also am not saying that

. If someone's argument is flawed, or if they're just being a dick or offensive (do you like how I added offensive after the word dick?), call them out on it. I just think the idea that you shouldn't say anything negative is counter productive.

In closing, loved Sanz as always, thought Miriam was fantastic, the interview portion was tough for me in spots.

TL;DR We can all learn from our detractors.

• Like 6

"This happens often enough"

smash cut to

"I hardly ever check these forums"

gah.

my brain.

• Like 3

FORGOT ABOUT THE UPCOMING VDAY EP.

i smell a C+

I'm very excited for this.

First fun. and Bleachers, and now The Police? THIS IS TRULY A MUSICAL FORUM!

• Like 8

I always smile whenever I see a brand new profile created to say stuff like that. Apparently it was worth the bother.

Can you explain your smile a little more?

is it because u have been here a while so it's like that smile is a motherfucking eff you to the typical reaction of anger? (THESE MOTHER FUCKING NEWBS JUST COMMENTING TO SAY ONE THING ON MY GODDAMN FORUMS! THEY thInK It IS SO WorTH IT TO BUILD AN ACCOUNT TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS! I MUST SMILE ON IT TO SHOW I AM NOT ANGRY) and then Bussfeed gives you an "Awesome" sticker for being awesome and just giving an awesome smile instead of being so bad bad bad and like a troll under the bridge of the three billy goats gruff play who would have been bad and mean.

• Like 2

Constructive criticism is indeed totally fine but coming in to the thread and saying "this guy suckz !!!" is not constructive (especially to a guest who really doesn't deserve it, just because he was awkward at times) and just seems like your trying to elicit a response from others. So please stop playing the victim and acting like you're not allowed to have criticisms of the show. But if you act like a whiny child dont be surprised if someone calls you out.

• Like 3

Constructive criticism is indeed totally fine but coming in to the thread and saying "this guy suckz !!!" is not constructive (especially to a guest who really doesn't deserve it, just because he was awkward at times) and just seems like your trying to elicit a response from others. So please stop playing the victim and acting like you're not allowed to have criticisms of the show. But if you act like a whiny child dont be surprised if someone calls you out.

I assume some of this in reply to my post. I'm not "playing victim." In fact, many times I've seen people saying that if you don't like something, don't post. It's that sentiment that I was speaking to. As for the rest, please go back and reread my post. I think I agree with/condone some of your sentiments.

i think i enjoyed Jack's interview portion more than the guest portion.It was pretty fun.ny to me.Not to say I didn't crack up a few times during the guests.

anyways...anybody going to that bleachers show in Santa Ana? Scott my dear boy you are mistaken on what Santa Ana is now. It's not typical OC, downtown SA is now heavily frequented by hipsters, it is very Mexican-influenced, and there are quite a bit of good eats.

• Like 1

I assume some of this in reply to my post. I'm not "playing victim." In fact, many times I've seen people saying that if you don't like something, don't post. It's that sentiment that I was speaking to. As for the rest, please go back and reread my post. I think I agree with/condone some of your sentiments.

Sorry I should've clarified that was addressed to gayhammer's post on the previous page. I agreed with everything you said and was just building off it. I'm 99.9% sure he's a troll though so I don't know why I'm wasting my time.

• Like 1