🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 333 — Pit Stop

Also, this guy was in jail. Do you expect him to be funny every second? I thought Jack Abramoff was surprisingly likable.

i just wanted to sign up for an account to say i like this. it's a good joke.

• Like 1

Also, this guy was in jail. Do you expect him to be funny every second? I thought Jack Abramoff was surprisingly likable.

Yes we know from Benny Schwaz that JJ Abrams has done improv before so this shouldn't be a surprise.

This was fine. Not as fun as Todd Glass being serious but still enjoyed the show. T4F will never be topped as fun musical guests IMO and that's fine.

• Like 1

Hopefully they turn out like when Mike and Omar take out the trash -- good epps.

Hahah... I hope this is an original Scottism of your own design, and not something regurgitated from an old episode, because I want to pat you on the back for that one.

I'm only partway through the ep, haven't got to the characs yet, but Jack has been an decent guest so far. I liked his grilling of Scott about marriage, and some of the other stuff they have talked about (meeting Reggie, recording at home, etc.).

That said, I fucking hate Fun. The band, not the concept. Maybe its the lead singers fault, I just can't stand his voice. They're also played out as all hell, having been overplayed on the radio and then in like every goddamn movie trailer over the last few years. Bleachers, on the other hand, that is far easier to digest. I heard "Rollercoaster" for the first time on the radio last night and I really enjoyed that. They first single was a little too anthem-y for me ("I Want To Get Better"), but I much rather hear that still over any Fun. song. The joke amongst friends is that mentioning their band name should always be wrapped in air quotes because their music is anything but.

Anyways, my negativity is based solely against that band and not his other projects or him as a person. I'm enjoying the episode so far, so hopefully I don't get shit on too hard. :P

• Like 1

Also. the correct answer to "whos a real bad person" was --

Michael Jackson, hee hee, shamone.

EDIT: Oh God Horatio is so good.

"How often did you bully this girl?"

"Well it started when we were in third grade and it ended when she killed herself junior year in high school."

"... 'Closure.' What I say is, I'm performing closure right now, I close the door on your face, get out of here."

Dying over the whole bathroom segment. :lol:

I always smile whenever I see a brand new profile created to say stuff like that. Apparently it was worth the bother.

I created this profile in 2013, I'm simply a lurker who never bothered to post until now. Also, way to add to the conversation by attacking my credibility, as if any is needed to post here.

"This happens often enough"

smash cut to

"I hardly ever check these forums"

gah.

my brain.

Smash cut? You just edited out two whole words in order to make it look like those are two separate statements. In case I wasn't crystal clear; this happening often is what led to me hardly ever checking these forums.

• Like 2

Can you explain your smile a little more?

I think it's funny whenever someone starts an account to make a post on a board in order to state (more or less) that they are leaving the board. But now Scott T has revealed he's been a lurker with an account for almost two years and is an occasional reader of the boards to some extent.

I created this profile in 2013, I'm simply a lurker who never bothered to post until now. Also, way to add to the conversation by attacking my credibility, as if any is needed to post here.

I probably should have clicked on your profile page to vet my assumption, but so many one-off comments are from people who want to say something negative, so they start an account, say their peace and bounce, that I did not account for lurkers. My bad. It wasn't an attack on your credibilty. I believe you felt what you said about the state of these boards. There's just not much I felt like doing with that sentiment because when people post to say they've just reaffirmed their decision to not visit the boards and good day to you sirs and madams, I'm just like, "Fair enough. Too-daloo."

Jack Antonoff was fine, guys. He was even kinda funny at times! Although he drilled the few laughs he got into the ground. But, ya know, he's a musician. Not everyone can be Tears for Fears.

Also, I would be 100% ok with Horatio being on 50% of the eps in 2015.

• Like 3

Jack Antonoff was fine, guys. He was even kinda funny at times! Although he drilled the few laughs he got into the ground. But, ya know, he's a musician. Not everyone can be Tears for Fears.

Also, I would be 100% ok with Horatio being on 50% of the eps in 2015.

I would be 25% okay with 100% of all the eps featuring 50% of Horatio and 75% of Sans.

• Like 2

I hate people that say they hate episodes, I hate people that hate people that hate episodes, I hate people that hate reading the forums when there are so many people on it that hate the episode and hate the people that hate the episode arguing with each other, and I hate the people that hate all three of those people. Ray Rice is okay, though.

• Like 8

I hate people that say they hate episodes, I hate people that hate people that hate episodes, I hate people that hate reading the forums when there are so many people on it that hate the episode and hate the people that hate the episode arguing with each other, and I hate the people that hate all three of those people. Ray Rice is okay, though.

Whoa. Check your privilege bro.

• Like 3

I feel like all this pointless fighting has really overshadowed my excellent masturbation anagram.

• Like 6

I feel like all this pointless fighting has really overshadowed my excellent masturbation anagram.

"Tan on, jack off" is the best I can do. I feel like it tells the tale of a man who likes to get some sun and then masturbate. Yours is far better.

• Like 2

Jack was perfectly charming. If prompted, I believe he would have joined Scott in a full rendition of Weird Science, so where were the haters on the Paul Banks thread? Listening to Turn on the Bright Lights, you say? Ok, that makes sense.

• Like 1

I found Jack perfectly likable and like a guy who could easily hang in my friendship circle. Also, can anyone explain to me this bizarre Fun-Queen connection the internet seems to be hung up with? I've only heard a handful of Fun songs, and they haven't sounded anything like Queen. Do they have a song that sounds like "Stone Cold Crazy" or "Bicycle" that I haven't heard? Is their lead singer skilled in a wide vocal range and known for masterful showmanship? I'm just trying to see this comparison.

Per usual, Horatio Sanz is a god and Miram Tolan is always fun.

I didn't know Mr Tompkins had passed I am sorry to hear that.

There can only be one

• Like 2

I wish people wouldn't try to be funny in the Earwolf forums. Literally nobody is here to read your jokes or enjoy your cynical sarcasm.

Hey, fuck you

• Like 13

I found Jack perfectly likable and like a guy who could easily hang in my friendship circle. Also, can anyone explain to me this bizarre Fun-Queen connection the internet seems to be hung up with? I've only heard a handful of Fun songs, and they haven't sounded anything like Queen. Do they have a song that sounds like "Stone Cold Crazy" or "Bicycle" that I haven't heard? Is their lead singer skilled in a wide vocal range and known for masterful showmanship? I'm just trying to see this comparison.

Per usual, Horatio Sanz is a god and Miram Tolan is always fun.

I definitely heard it myself before ever hearing the media talk about it, and I can say most of what I hear of the Fun/Queen connection is in Fun's song "carry on". It has the "anthem" vibe a lot of famous Queen songs had, and that same feeling is there in We Are Young but not as strong.

The singer guy sounds a bit like Freddy Mercury, and not many rock bands got famous on these arena anthem's like Queen used to have, so I think its a pretty apt comparison

Scott asking Jack if he rescued his dog from a burning building and concluding "so you bought a dog?" is delightful.

100% my favorite moment.

• Like 1

I wish people wouldn't try to be funny in the Earwolf forums. Literally nobody is here to read your jokes or enjoy your cynical sarcasm.

You have literally used literally incorrectly. Are you sure you weren't looking for the HDTGM forum? Also, I didn't get your joke at all.

• Like 3

my only worry is that: i know scheduling plays a part (although jemaine clement did sklar last thursday) and cbb pretty mainstream, but i hope jack antonoff is not taking away appearances from other worthy people. i hope scott can keep finding a young comedians who fits the aukerman sensibility

wow did this thread devolve into the most petty thing I seen in a while. Guys we're all adults, how about we talk about things we all liked about the ep?

For me:

Scott asking Jack if he rescued his dog from a burning building and concluding "so you bought a dog?" is delightful.

Scott is on some Jeff Foxworthy next level bit state where he can turn anything around on anyone. I think moments like this the real Scott shines through.

Also UTU2TM shout out, hopefully new episode soon!

• Like 3