🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 219 — Live From Cobb's Comedy Club

This week, Kulap and Howard come to you live from Cobb’s Comedy Club in San Francisco, the perfect place for Howard to describe what his favorite building is. Then, Kulap and Howard welcome to the show Jason Ritter, who explains why Coward of the County is the best song for taking your party to next level. Also, the gang fields questions from Chartists, wherein one Chartist demonstrates her passion for the sea. Lastly, Howard and Stard steal the hearts of Chartist’s everywhere with a special performance of Gu Cruise and other tunes.

• Like 1

Aww. The Vicki scene from So I Married an Axe Murderer. One of my favorites. RIP Phil.

• Like 1

These live shows are always wheels off. Howard's frenetic energy and desire to entertain the live audience always cause stutter-step conversations, Kulap confusion, and just plain awkward statements. I love it. The audience's reaction to "Fuck Fruitvale" had me cringing in my seat, and I was laughing out loud at Howard's attempt to backtrack and explain. I've been a Chartist since day one, and if I go to a live show and don't get a front row seat, someone's getting "The Bugle" pounded out on their head!

• Like 2

My claim to fame: I gave Howard a pen and he gave me a Springsteen rock. This episode was so fun. Jason Ritter is great. Kulap, Howard, and Stard are so funny. I loved when Stard mentioned that JFK wanted to go to the moon. Howard's response to that was golden.

• Like 6

God, this episode proves why Whooch is so ready to go on Tour. Also, let's face is Brett is totally a co-host at this point, dude rules. This episode made my week.

• Like 4

Wasn't expecting How to start talking about the actual neighborhood I live in! I should have been there so I could defend the lovely Fruitvale.

• Like 1

My claim to fame: I gave Howard a pen and he gave me a Springsteen rock.

Nice! Treasure it forever.

The episode was a real delight and I love how into it the crowd was. My one suggestion would be to try to get guests for live episodes who are more familiar with the show and hosts. Jason always seems like a great guy and was game for everything, but there's so much chaos that it's too easy for the guest to fade into the background for long-ish stretches.

• Like 1

Nice! Treasure it forever.

The episode was a real delight and I love how into it the crowd was. My one suggestion would be to try to get guests for live episodes who are more familiar with the show and hosts. Jason always seems like a great guy and was game for everything, but there's so much chaos that it's too easy for the guest to fade into the background for long-ish stretches.

Generally I'd agree with you but the Matt Jones ep was great as was this one.

I also love the audience participation in these things. #chartist4L

• Like 2

Ritter comes across as a little shy but I think he held his own! I love Gravity Falls, one of my favorite cartoons. Howard was in rare form, as usual. Gotta love how he's not afraid to keep digging those holes!

• Like 3

Wowwww that was incredible!!! The live songs were soooo amazing!!! :):D:):D:lol:

Howard said he was going to practice more, but we encouraged him to stay natural and forget the lyrics from time to time.

• Like 1

Great ep, can't wait for the Twoch tour. Big shout-out to Stard and his guitar tone - don't know what the set-up was, but that Stardocaster sounded delicious.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this