🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Omg.. The newest taken movie only has %10 on rotten tomatoes. I haven't seen any if the Taken films yet but I think that based on all the craziness I've heard about this one, plus it's rotten tomatoes score, omg it just would be so great. Have there been any Liam neeson movies on HDTGM yet? I feel like he must have been in something bonkers enough for this show :D

• Like 1

The one thing I give Liam Neeson credit for is that he admits that these movies are stupid, and that he is as surprised as anyone that they have been so successful. Apparently the first one was supposed to be a direct to DVD movie in the states with only a theatrical release overseas, but plans changed and it got a wide release. Another thing I found odd was the need to change the actor playing the villain of this movie, as he was played by Xander Berkeley in the original film but they switched him out for an actor who could do more physical scenes, which ultimately gave away the twist of this movie. Though I really don't know why they went with that haircut for the other villain and making him look like Joel Edgerton's character from Smokin' Aces.

006SMA_Joel_Edgerton_001.jpg

• Like 1

The one thing I give Liam Neeson credit for is that he admits that these movies are stupid, and that he is as surprised as anyone that they have been so successful. Apparently the first one was supposed to be a direct to DVD movie in the states with only a theatrical release overseas, but plans changed and it got a wide release. Another thing I found odd was the need to change the actor playing the villain of this movie, as he was played by Xander Berkeley in the original film but they switched him out for an actor who could do more physical scenes, which ultimately gave away the twist of this movie. Though I really don't know why they went with that haircut for the other villain and making him look like Joel Edgerton's character from Smokin' Aces.

006SMA_Joel_Edgerton_001.jpg

If I remember correctly, it benefitted from the writers strike of '07-'08, as Fox was left with a depleted slate of theatrical releases, so the first "Taken" got the full rollout and became a big hit instead of being dumped on DVD during a time of year where that typically doesn't happen, even with BIGGER releases.

• Like 1

I enjoyed taken 3 for the most part but maggie grace as a teenage girl in taken one was pushing it at most and in taken 3 is she still in school? so by taken 4 she's going to have a kid and we all know what direction story wise shes heading. We got to save the baby!!! Baby kidnapping will clearly be the storyline, plus getting maggie grace out of school to save her child. We all know dads heading to the nursing home. No one belieaves him anymore. What else could they do. ?

I wish they would go in the fast and the furious direction as far as film making goes, not make another one unless they can top the last one in the total ridiculousness goes.

• Like 1

I wish they would go in the fast and the furious direction as far as film making goes, not make another one unless they can top the last one in the total ridiculousness goes.

YES YES YES, The fast and furious-ification of this series would be magical!