🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 20 — LIVE from SF Sketchfest

Sally was pretty great.

As was Scott's faux-infuriation at her preference for Scott.

"Kick rocks, Bitch!"

• Like 8

yo Scott and Scott... I'mma let you finish, but improv4humans just released the best podcast of all time!

I4h wins the day, but this was definitely second best!

• Like 1

I stupidly believed that the audience was cheering so much during the opening because it was actually U2 playing live...

haha nah, i was in the audience. During the intro song, Scott and Scott were running around through the venue high-fiving the audience. it was an epic opening

• Like 5

Does the microphone feedback continue past minute 10? Because I cannot handle that - at least, not on headphones.

it goes away

• Like 1

For future reference (SPOILER ALERT):

This is Scott's Top 10

10. Raised by Wolves

9. Out of Control

8. Angel of Harlem

7. A Sort of Homecoming

6. Where the Streets Have No Name

5. I Will Follow

4. Bad

3. Sunday Bloody Sunday

2. With or Without You

1. Pride (In the Name of Love)

This is Scott's Top 10

10. Vertigo

9. Kite

8. In God's Country

7. Walk On

6. Red Hill Mining Town

5. Bad (Live)

4. Original of the Species

3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

2. Angel of Harlem

1. One

Let me know if I got any of these wrong. I'm trying to be a good U2 fan, but despite Scott and Scott's best efforts, I still have yet to learn all the band members' names.

Who won each round?

I stupidly believed that the audience was cheering so much during the opening because it was actually U2 playing live...

Ha! Can you imagine how loud it would have been if it actually was U2? I was there too (front row) and it was pretty excellent. I called them running on stage a la Bono to that song but I was not expecting them to run through the audience. The music was actually playing for quite a while before they even entered so all of that noise you hear for the first minute or so is just anticipatory cheering.

• Like 3

everytime i listen to "where the streets have no name" from now on, im going to listen to it as "Scott and Scotts' entrance song"

• Like 4

The half-second between when I realized that Scott might be doing the cord bit and the audience laughing at it might have been the happiest moment of my life.

The subpodcasts rabbit hole was fantastic. I'm so glad that one of the Engineer Codys added theme songs in post.

• Like 5

I wish I could express to Scott and Scott exactly how much joy this podcast brings to me.

• Like 3

everytime i listen to "where the streets have no name" from now on, im going to listen to it as "Scott and Scotts' entrance song"

It may have vaulted into my U2 Top Ten simply because of that association. (I mean, it's a pretty great song and was probably going to end up in there anyway, but that cemented it.)

Now that there are witnesses, I must ask: what is the true nature of the cord passing bit?

Now that there are witnesses, I must ask: what is the true nature of the cord passing bit?

Scott had his iPhone plugged into the audio jack and I guess there was only one cord (or only one outlet). So, they had to pass the cord back and forth during the top ten bit because they each had their own playlists on their own phones. (I didn't fully understand how it worked until I saw it in person.)

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I get that that is why it happens, but what exactly are they doing? Are they holding the cord just out of reach, or are they holding it out and then letting it droop out of reach, or what?

These things keep me up at night as a fan of the Scotts.

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I get that that is why it happens, but what exactly are they doing? Are they holding the cord just out of reach, or are they holding it out and then letting it droop out of reach, or what?

yea pretty much. when it was adam's turn to use the cord, scott would hold it out for him and then pull it back just as adam was reaching for the cord.

it is pretty much summed up by this pic. (not mine)

tumblr_n6u7lwHzGp1rtf2j2o1_500.gif

• Like 5

Ack, sorry! See, I understood the actual dangling the cord just out of reach but I couldn't for the life of me figure out which cord it was. (I think I thought it was the power cord or something? Or the entire ipod? It became very obvious after seeing it in person.)

i don't know what my life has come to that i was genuinely upset neither scott nor scott put 'new year's day' in their top ten

• Like 1

Man, if this was a studio recording, they would have spent twenty minutes (incl. dick jokes) trying to figure out what U2 adding an extra third night in LA means when they had programmed a special two-night set of concerts along specific themes--that aren't even sold out yet!

• Like 3

Absolute fun and joy. I still don't understand how this so dumb one-off half-baked podcast became so great. Thank you so much, Scott and Scott.

I'm suprised they didn't have an episode of "The Almighty Daughter" when Scott was raggin' on Scott's daughter. That part made me laugh very, very hard, for whatever reason.

• Like 7