๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 174 โ€” Whiplash Ft. Armen

Matt finds Armen Weitzman hanging around the Earwolf studio and decides to have him sit in an alternate chair along with Stephanie Allynne, Mookie Blaiklock, Paul Rust, and Neil Campbell. Will Armen flounder to initiate with a strong premise? Or will Armen prove to Matt once and for all that he can improvise with these improv4humans regulars? Tune in to find out! Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoonโ€™s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

• Like 1

There are five different Earwolf podcasts I am downloading today.... And I am most excited by this one.*

ย 

Anyone who hasn't heard the Who Charted with Matt and Armen, go get on that ASAP. I've been waiting for this to happen ever since.

ย 

*Pretty stiff competition too! That CBB line up is insane.

• Like 10

I was hoping the energy from Matt and Armen's WHOOCH would carry over into this and boy this episode did not dissapoint

• Like 8

Saw the lineup of people for this episode, and got SO pumped! I'm 2 minutes in, and this is already bonkers.

• Like 2

this is one of the best I4H eps ever - Matt and Armen's hilariously tense chemistry, an amazing group of improvisers (whose individual presences on any Earwolf show would have been a delight to see, let alone together on I4H - amazing), and some inside baseball talk - and I'm only halfway through so far. very cool.

• Like 9

Hearing Armen say "aaaand i think that you uh want me" pretty much instantly sealed the deal for this episode

ย 

Was Armen dragging? this was genius on so many fucking levels

• Like 1

Everyone should watch the UCB Inside the Master Class series on Youtube https://www.youtube....?v=Wf0vCK1pC2I.

It has Armen, Paul, Mookie, Neil, Matt, Stephanie and others.

SECONDED. I remember stumbling across these a few years ago and just marathon'd them all. SO good.

• Like 2

"That's the most sensible thing you've ever said in your life."

ย 

This is absolutely genius. I've been dying for new Inside the Master Class since I discovered it, and now I get it in podcast form.

• Like 2

One of the comments on Soundcloud says that this episode is "painful," which we all know from HH that "painful" on the internet means it is great.

• Like 14

I am so very excited to get this thing into my pod! I could not possibly concieve of a more promising experience.

"painful episode. fans of improv4humans turn around"

ย 

I don't know what this guys talkin about. Made it all the way to his comment without hearing the word "Smegma" once! Great Job Matty B!

• Like 3

Imagine if this was the first episode you listened to.

• Like 17

Heh, I just watched Whiplash last night. Good timing. (Best movie of 2014, in my opinion. I hope it wins the Oscar.)

ย 

I love the idea of Matt watching Whiplash and thinking he should parody it... and then his thoughts naturally turn to Armen.

• Like 7

This episode fuuuuuuucking owns.

• Like 6

The episode mirrors the movie pretty well! I didn't realize it was a parody until part way through, but I should have realized what was up when Armen was improving all by himself and Matt walked in on him, just like J Jonah Jameson walking in on the kid playing drums.

• Like 4