🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ArielleSpry

50 Shades of Grey (2015)

Every single thing I hear about the book is totally bananas and everything I hear from people who worked on the movie makes it sound like it's going to be such an awful movie. It is going to be one of the worst successful movies this year at least, I think it would be so perfect for a HDTGM episode!

• Like 1

There's also the fact that the stars of the movie appear to actively dislike each other, lack even the slightest chemistry, and take every opportunity to remind interviewers that the sex scenes in their super sexy movie about S.E.X. sex were super awkward and not in the least bit sexy.

• Like 1

I hope they're really true to the books and make it the dumbest thing ever.

From Anabella flushing/blushing/going pale on a dime like a fucking cuttlefish.

How are they gonna encapsulate how Chedward's pants hang down...in that way.

Im genuinely curious how they're gonna handle the Hermans Head aspect of Anabella's psychosis (maybe a zoom in to her ear, through an empty void, into an empty warehouse where 2 incredibly stupid women who have nothing else to do with themselves watch her life on an old tv that cant change channels.)

I hope everybody in the movie has a voice thats of an English person pretending to be American.

I hope theres really blatant and stupid product placement for Audi and Blackberry.

I hope theres still a chance the whole thing was an elaborate joke, and it doesn't exist.

Anyway, everyone really owes it to themselves if they're going to see the movie, or talk to people who have seen the movie to let them know how stupid they are if they like it, etc, is to read the books someone else read the books, namely this person - http://jennytrout.com/?page_id=5720 she has really good recaps of the books, chapter by chapter, and its a good way to expose yourself to that shit without suffering any of the SAN loss that comes with it.

• Like 1

There's also the fact that the stars of the movie appear to actively dislike each other, lack even the slightest chemistry, and take every opportunity to remind interviewers that the sex scenes in their super sexy movie about S.E.X. sex were super awkward and not in the least bit sexy.

Well, all that at least is true to the source material.

• Like 1

I saw it and laughed HARD. My girlfriend said the first act is scene for scene Twilight. The acting is bad, the script has poor dialogue, and it's just flat out crazy.

Joven, she does get flushed at the drop of a dime and there is a lot of dumb product integration.

Saw this film last night. I'd love to hear P double J take it down. I can already imagine that June found it upsetting at some points. And the 2nd opinions will be awesome.

though to be faie, there were some things I genuinely liked and took as evidence that they were trying to make a good film out of a bad book. For one thing, Dakota Johnson was terrific; also the contract negotiation scene was beautifully directed. I just wish the film didn't go into bad melodrama; it should have maintained its funny/ironic tone.

I saw it and laughed HARD. My girlfriend said the first act is scene for scene Twilight. The acting is bad, the script has poor dialogue, and it's just flat out crazy.

Joven, she does get flushed at the drop of a dime and there is a lot of dumb product integration.

To be fair the book started out as Twilight fanfic.

They have the contract scene in the movie!

Oh, I need to see this thing.

For those who haven't read the book (lucky) they actually print the entire sex contract. There's like 6 pages of contract in the book. It is terrible.

My review of the film, even though I have not seen it and probably never will: Not enough lip-biting.

I would like to see this movie on how did this get made only for the simple reason that I would only have to watch it once. Starting to cave-in to all the media hype.

I would like to see this movie on how did this get made only for the simple reason that I would only have to watch it once. Starting to cave-in to all the media hype.

Don't cave to the hype! if you do, the terrorists win!

Please do this movie!

Please tell me there is going to be a sequel. 50 Shades of Grey may be garbage but when it was released it was my favorite day of the year. I didn't have Valentines Day plans and my parents wanted me out of the house so I bought a ticket to see 50 Shades of Grey. That theater was flooded with ladies. I even got to sit next to one. I nearly hyperventilated but it's all good. Next movie, I might try saying hello and try really really really hard not to look at my feet when approached by a girl.

• Like 1

Apparently they released a teaser trailer for the sequel before they even signed on a director. I'm not sure if they have even gotten someone yet to take over but I'm pretty sure that the sequel is still set for a 2017 release with the third coming out in 2018. But we'll see if that really happens because it is not uncommon for people to realize their mistakes and abandon a franchise.

I refuse to pay for this movie so if they do it I hope it's either on Netflix or easily torrented because this is a piece of trash.

• Like 3

Apparently they released a teaser trailer for the sequel before they even signed on a director. I'm not sure if they have even gotten someone yet to take over but I'm pretty sure that the sequel is still set for a 2017 release with the third coming out in 2018. But we'll see if that really happens because it is not uncommon for people to realize their mistakes and abandon a franchise.

I refuse to pay for this movie so if they do it I hope it's either on Netflix or easily torrented because this is a piece of trash.

For sure there will be a second 5SoG movie--or at least a serious attempt to make one--the movie made $500 million (good lord) with a $40 million budget. I read that E.L. James has a rather particular vision for the movies that was difficult for Sam-Taylor Johnson to work with, and probably will be for other directors as well. I would not be surprised if James ends up directing the adaptation of her own work.

• Like 3

I am reviving this thread because I just watched this awful movie and kept looking through the HDTGM episode list and cannot believe this movie has not been done. Really. With lines like "I don't make love. I f***. Hard." Seriously, get on this and quick-like.

• Like 2

I read that E.L. James has a rather particular vision for the movies that was difficult for Sam-Taylor Johnson to work with, and probably will be for other directors as well. I would not be surprised if James ends up directing the adaptation of her own work.

A friend of mine worked on the film and I got to read the original STJ script it was fantastic it really elevated the book made it smarter sexier and less creepy, but E L James put her foot down and vetoed almost all the changes, even to the point of the last scene where Anna leaves him Sam wanted the last word to be red her safe word assuming that the audience would be smart enough to put it together, instead EL insisted on her saying stop because its the last word in the book. Dakota Johnson was really good in the film while Jamie Dornan was a monotone robot. It would have been interesting to see how the film would've turned out if Charlie Hunnam hadn't dropped out and Sam had been allowed to do what she'd wanted.

• Like 2

I've been seeing ads for the sequel to this and... I don't understand? Didn't the first film bomb? Also apparently it is written by EL James's husband so I bet the dialogue will be GREAT. Maybe I should start a thread for that one.

I've been seeing ads for the sequel to this and... I don't understand? Didn't the first film bomb?

Critically it bombed, but the first one made over $500 million worldwide!

Critically it bombed, but the first one made over $500 million worldwide!

and it was popular with the die hard fans which means they'll be back to watch the next two

Sign in to follow this