🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 335 — The Wedding of Gilli and Garry

I'd dare say this was not just a Grepisode, but a CLEPISODE! The extent to which Gillian has honed the Gilly persona is super impressive, and the song absolutely killed me. Scott's (and, to a less extent, Paul's) Marvel geek-outs were amazing. Given the cast of characters and some of the subject matter, I would have bet my life savings that we'd hear a technicality no down boo over, but I guess no episode can be perfect.

• Like 3

Really great episode, but I just can't get over how good that plugs theme was. If only they hadn't cut it short. True genius...

it was good. reminded me of the Weeknd.

• Like 1

Shout out to Engineer Brett (presumably) for the pristine audio quality of Colin Hay's performances. Music on podcasts is so frequently a clipping-laden mess, it's remarkable when someone invests serious effort into getting it right.

• Like 9

One of the best (gr)episodes ever, seriously. Everything clicked into place beautifully. Paul doing four characters with no sign of strain, Gillian being perfectly committed to her insane gold-digger persona, a momentous chapter in what might be the show's most enjoyable ongoing storyline, and even the [Don Pardo voice] mmmmuuuuusical guest contributing productively to bits. The "agree to disagree" ceremony was a Scott/PFT all-timer. Even a throwaway Mr. Show callback with "soon, soon, you're a balloon." Just love it all.

• Like 3

Do we think PFT really didn't remember the "Look it up, Scotty, look it up" song, or was he being...willfully obtuse? Either way, it was fun!

• Like 4

I'm sure he was being willfully obtuse. He did (a slight variation on) the song on NNF a few weeks after the Best Ofs, so it's not like he immediately forgot it.

As a life long Marvel zombie it delighted me to no end to hear Inhuman talk. However, I must point out that the goat legged guy that stomps on things is Gorgon and Karnak is the one that finds the weak points and chops at them.

That said this some stellar C+ stuff right here.

• Like 3

Obviously- hey really grepisode.

Best of the 2015 so far.

After hearing Colin Hay I would love to go see him live. So I go and look up tour dates, and lo and behold, he's coming to my city on a Friday in the summer and to a great venue too.

Bad news is he's touring with the Barenaked Ladies. I'm not sure how my brain would react to hearing the opening to "One Week", not coming from Scott or PFT. Also tickets are about $50 and I've been saving up for a new kitchen faucet.

What's a little boy to do?

• Like 4

I keep trying to figure out what Rev Parsimony's voice reminds me of and I found it: Winnie the Pooh's voice, with Piglet's cadence, and Rabbit's personality.

• Like 14

I think I'm in love with Gilli. Her gold digger character is perfect and she had me bursting out laughing on the train during her first completely unexpected song. Those Community ladies...wow :wub: .

Guys. I have never felt more blessed than when Len Wiseman mockingly described the joke in my name. Holy shit. I was late in listening to this ep because I just had a kid this weekend and basically this is my Best Week Ever with Paul F. Tompkins.

• Like 17

Guys. I have never felt more blessed than when Len Wiseman mockingly described the joke in my name. Holy shit. I was late in listening to this ep because I just had a kid this weekend and basically this is my Best Week Ever with Paul F. Tompkins.

first of all, congrats.

secondly, i'm very impressed that you were able to listen AND comment despite just giving birth.

and lastly, it warms my heart and restores my faith in humanity to know that there is a litlte VajayjayLeno running around out there.

kudos!

• Like 3

omgomgomg

This was CBB tradish, like a warm blanket

And when you get to sing choruses for the musical guests, I love that

this was the best. i got a little choked up when they came in on the last bit of the last song. dunno why. must be the onions (my apartment is filled with onions).

• Like 1

No disrespect to PFT, but is there anything even remotely interesting or remarkable about Len Wiseman in real life that makes him character-worthy?

No disrespect to PFT, but is there anything even remotely interesting or remarkable about Len Wiseman in real life that makes him character-worthy?

Well, he is married to Kate Beckinsdale.

• Like 6

Well, he is married to Kate Beckinsdale.

It isn't interesting, exactly, but I just Googled him and I learned Len Wiseman looks like a cartoon astronaut and not the Elliot Gould-lite simulacra I had imagined. Muy surprising.

• Like 1

I'm under the impression that literally the whole reason of the character's creation was to throw Scott off as Garry disappeared to introduce a director friend of his (which everyone would naturally assume to be Herzog) and to come in with this other obscure character instead.

• Like 4

Great episode, lived up to the hype I had for it!

Colin Hay has such a great voice. Awesome get for the show!

Listening to this at the gym on the treadmill was one of the worst decisions I have made thus far in my life. My god the variety of PFT characters, the delight that is Gilly, and the great newcomer Colin. 10/10 will listen again.

• Like 1