🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 335 — The Wedding of Gilli and Garry

C+

Rev. Parsimony saying that he was "too legit" is one of the greatest things to ever happen in the history of the world.

• Like 9

As a life long Marvel zombie it delighted me to no end to hear Inhuman talk. However, I must point out that the goat legged guy that stomps on things is Gorgon and Karnak is the one that finds the weak points and chops at them.

That said this some stellar C+ stuff right here.

Ha! I thought I was the only one who caught the mistake in character names! And immediately following me catching that mistake was the realization that I am indeed a comic geek! (I knew that before, mind you.)

This episode was fantastic and definitely one of the greats (apologies to Chelsea Peretti). I think they should just put out a special edition that strings together all the Gilly/Garry episodes so you can just listen to what may well be one of the epic romance stories in all of podcasting if not of all time!

Isn't the real Len Wiseman just a stereotypical Hollywood bro? That's why PFT's effeminate uber-jew swinger caricature is even more funny, I think.

• Like 6

Listening to this at the gym on the treadmill was one of the worst decisions I have made thus far in my life. My god the variety of PFT characters, the delight that is Gilly, and the great newcomer Colin. 10/10 will listen again.

This is exactly why I've banned myself from listening to Comedy Bang Bang and Improv4Humans at the gym. I can't imagine listening to this one at the gym. What a fantastic one all around. It's all been said, and I think I'm out of likes for the day, so I'll just say good on you all involved.

• Like 1

As a life long Marvel zombie it delighted me to no end to hear Inhuman talk. However, I must point out that the goat legged guy that stomps on things is Gorgon and Karnak is the one that finds the weak points and chops at them.

That said this some stellar C+ stuff right here.

I tHought Karnak was the Johnny Carson fortune teller bit

• Like 1

I'm under the impression that literally the whole reason of the character's creation was to throw Scott off as Garry disappeared to introduce a director friend of his (which everyone would naturally assume to be Herzog) and to come in with this other obscure character instead.

Guys, this isn't hard to understand. Len Wiseman is in his 40s, he's from Fremont, CA, and he went to Cupertino high...

• Like 6

t can't be easy to just make up music to accompany improvised songs that quickly.

Musician here. It's actually pretty easy.

• Like 1

I can't remember if Gary proposed on the show or not, so I apologize if this violates canon:

*Gary kneels before Gilly*

Gilly: Gary?

Gary: Please, call me husband.

*Gary opens ring box*

• Like 4

Reverend Parsimony is just fantastic. Almost everything he said had me in stitches, especially the 'too legit' line.

• Like 2

Absolutely loved this episode, perhaps my favourite from Gilly and Garrrrry saga. So many great quotes, especially loved the callback to Gilly's pronunciation or Romeo and Juliet from previous episode and PFT's dig at Scott in the plugs about telling to your friends how much you like their work (they talked about it in the best ofs) and Scott's under the breath said shut up comment.

Top Seven Moments

1. Gilly introduces the ghost voice

0. Shocking cliffhanger before the final act

-1. The Agree to Disagree Ceremony

-2. Hearing the gears turn in PFT's mind as he manipulates his characters to ensure that Gilly has to cast the deciding vote in a 3-3 tie

-3. "Next Year People"

-4. Gilly and Colin's "She Loves Garry" song

-5. Gilly saying "Dear Garry" and PFT dying off-mic

See you guys at the sex party!

• Like 4

I've heard of Hollywood nights, but Hollywood forum avatars?!

Music is very similar to imrpov comedy, there are a lot of unspoken rules that non-musician listeners don't pick up on.

I'm definitely buying that album. That song at the end was phenomenal.

Not sure if it's out yet... I distinctly remember Scott telling listeners to buy the album next year, people.

• Like 2

Guys, this isn't hard to understand. Len Wiseman is in his 40s, he's from Fremont, CA, and he went to Cupertino high...

He's the director of the Underworld films.

Colin Hay was a great muuuuuusical guest! Up there with TFF in my book. PFT and Gilly (sorry) never disappoint. C+ all around!

• Like 2

Guys. I have never felt more blessed than when Len Wiseman mockingly described the joke in my name. Holy shit. I was late in listening to this ep because I just had a kid this weekend and basically this is my Best Week Ever with Paul F. Tompkins.

Congrats! Did it come out of Leno's Vajayjay?