🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 71 — Nicole Byer, Our Close Friend

You can all watch this video I made two years ago that somehow got 5000+ views and people leave comments like "Boo nigga you stink." and "fucking kill yourself with a rod" It keeps me laughing!

• Like 2

I didn't know who Harris was. I had heard DSoWD a couple of times and I have loved Parks and Recreation for years but I have only listened to about a quarter of the CBB episodes and was not fortunate enough to get to know Harris's work as you all had. That said my thoughts to his loved ones and colleagues.

This guy loves...so much...Walter White.

• Like 2

You can all watch this video I made two years ago that somehow got 5000+ views and people leave comments like "Boo nigga you stink." and "fucking kill yourself with a rod" It keeps me laughing!

I loved this video until I saw that Broncos logo. Fuck that shit.

Also I gave you a thumbs up. That impression was amazing.

I legitimately laughed out loud when you said "Will Cosby."

• Like 1

I don't care to laugh yet. I think I'll just go ahead and wait until Tuesday. Thanks for not trying to be funny in any way on the forums, that's a big help.

• Like 5

well shit val i made a joke about farts earlier that i was hoping was funny :c

• Like 6

I had always thought it was such a missed opportunity to not have Harris on. He would have gelled so well with the boys.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I didn't really know what to say about Harris Wittels' death. Obviously any loss is tragic and regretable, especially someone we have all gotten to know and love through some of our favorite podcasts. That said, I can't say that I was the biggest admirer of Harris and I was only vaguely aware of him. It's not that I didn't think he was talented and funny, just that there's only so much time and attention one has to give and I tend to spread mine exceptionally thinly. I suppose I feel like a bit of an imposter posting this but I felt like it was important nonetheless.

Upon seeing all you guys share favorite bits and memories of Harris, I went back and listened to a lot of the podcasts he has been in and that sparked the realization that a lot of my favorite Comedy Bang Bang bits are from Harris' Foam Corner or involved Harris. I suppose that's a lesson to me to take more time to appreciate the things I like and to take a moment to recognize the people who made them happen/created them/etc whether they be comedy bits or an exceptionally good cup of coffee or whatever. I think it's easy to be a blind consumer of a lot of things, comedy included, and it's easy to take them for granted and to forget to acknowledge the real people who make life better, who make life fun.

I regret taking Harris for granted because I never got to recognize him for the contribution to my own comedic sensibilities and the best time to do that is never after someone is gone. I suppose there's a larger, more cliché life lesson in there revolving around appreciating what you have before it's gone. Even though you hear it a lot, it's a good one and it's times like these when I understand why people bang on about it so much.

The best I can do now is say thank you, Harris. Thanks for your humor. Thanks for making me laugh. Thanks for putting yourself out there to make people laugh. It's a brave and admirable thing to do.

I also want to say how great this community is, even though I know we all already know that. It's really great to see people feel comfortable sharing memories of someone they barely knew but had such a strong connection with, and to be supported by that community is such a gift. Mourning is an important and very human thing to do and there aren't many places where people can do that about a public figure whom they admire and respect without it being awkward or seeming insincere or out of place. This seems to be one of the exceptions to that rule and it's so important that places like this exist.

Love you all, gang. Take care of yourselves.

Me too to all this. I've been having all these same feelings and thoughts, only much less articulately.

• Like 3

I've also been working on a really funny post about how I put my long underwear on inside out today, and it has been a big problem because the hole that you're supposed to pull your [redacted] out of is oriented backwards. I guess I'll save it for a less somber occasion. Also, the more I think about it, the more confused I get about the topology of the whole situation. I think I will have to actually take them off, invert them and put them back on to be sure that it is even a valid joke concept. Being funny is hard work, it turns out.

edit: By some crazy magic, the underpants opening is oriented the same way whether they are inside out or not. So there goes that joke. Life is real fucking bummer sometimes.

edit: On the other hand, kudos to the inventors of underpants, what a well-designed product!

• Like 6

I loved this video until I saw that Broncos logo. Fuck that shit.

Ah, so you hated it from the start! Excellent

• Like 1

I think the reality of Earwolfman Jack's passing is finally setting in for me.

• Like 21

To cheer yourself up everyone should listen to the new episode of Greggy's podcast. The guest is a very attractive and talented young man named Larry the Cable Guy.

• Like 4

My mom just called me because she saw my Facebook post about Harris and she's been reading about him and all the nice things people had to say about him. Is that some nice mom stuff or what?

• Like 12

I have a fucking trial brief due on Monday worth 30 percent of my legal writing grade but I can't concentrate since Hare-Dawg passed. I wonder if I can bring it up with my professor.

• Like 5

Guys,

I listened to this Hollywood Handbook podcast. Like the one for this week, with Nicole Byer. It's actually kinda funny. And even the engineer is sorta funny, too. Ironically posting on this forum seems like kind of a dick move when the podcast is actually kinda good.

• Like 2

I have a fucking trial brief due on Monday worth 30 percent of my legal writing grade but I can't concentrate since Hare-Dawg passed. I wonder if I can bring it up with my professor.

You should definitely bring it up with your professor. And if they don't understand, call them a dick and run out crying.

• Like 2

Ghosthustler, if you bring it up with your professor, just say you lost a friend. Some teachers don't give a f--- no matter what the reason though, so try to get your work done if you can.

• Like 3