🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 71 — Nicole Byer, Our Close Friend

I thought the commercial was some real Grade A softball shit, to be honest, but, yeah, I do have it projecting on loop over my Sean Shrine. Chanson is not off base.

• Like 4

Everyone in this is being very funny and cool, and I think "y'all" should watch it.

• Like 2

I thought the commercial was some real Grade A softball shit, to be honest, but, yeah, I do have it projecting on loop over my Sean Shrine. Chanson is not off base.

Do you have a separate but equal Hayes Shrine? Or is it just Sean for you? Just curious.

• Like 2

Do you have a separate but equal Hayes Shrine? Or is it just Sean for you? Just curious.

I have a larger and more spectacular Hallowed Hayes Hall.

I commissioned Michael Strahan and D'Angelo to paint the ceiling like the Sistine Chapel, with Sean and Hayes as God and Adam, but they thought I said Sixteen Candles so now it's more of an Anthony Michael Hall rather than a Hallowed Hayes one.

• Like 9

I commissioned Michael Strahan and D'Angelo to paint the ceiling like the Sistine Chapel, with Sean and Hayes as God and Adam, but they thought I said Sixteen Candles so now it's more of an Anthony Michael Hall rather than a Hallowed Hayes one.

Now that is a goddamned JOKE, right there. Bravo.

• Like 1

I have a larger and more spectacular Hallowed Hayes Hall.

I see. Separate is never equal.

• Like 2

I just wanted to be the first one to say that today's CBB made me not only laughing but also crying.

Edit: The first one to say it here, where it counts. Apparently CBB has its own forum, akin to this one, and a few other people have probably posted similar sentiments there.

• Like 5

Me too. Cried and laughed. Sometimes at the same time.

• Like 3

Hey guys, I just listened to today's CBB. Even though this is my first post about Harris' death, I want you guys to know that the forum was the first place I went for a sense of community grieving. It felt great to read, and it really helped with my feelings of weirdness/crassness at feeling so strongly about this while the people who really knew him are mourning. Listening to CBB today, I went back through your posts again. Comforting.

So, at the risk of repeating what you've all said so well already:

I've never been so shaken by the death of a stranger. I've been listening to that show since almost the very beginning (bc no friends), which means almost six years now, through some difficult times in my own life. A lot lilke honlads, I associate podcasts, and CDR/CBB in particular, with comfort during a time when I felt kinda lost, a bit like how I treated early Simpsons episodes when I was younger. Like all of us, I've obviously felt that special intimacy that this podcasting medium can foster. I think Scott addressed those feelings sweetly and with poise. But mostly it's been great to have this forum to turn to. Thanks, guys, you're all very nice/cool/funny.

Just a random standout Foam moment: after that Tapas the Mornin' to Jah joke I think, when St. Vincent goes "oh," like out of genuine distress, and HW is like, "She held her hands out like, 'Why?' like she was an English village woman and I was pillaging her land."

He was pretty great.

• Like 12

Thanks, Josh! Your beautiful sincere heartfelt post ruined my 69 joke!

Sorry. Just kidding. I love you guys and it has been amazing to have a lovely and understanding group to talk to about this. Hugs to all of you.

• Like 5

Yes, Mr Anchorman's wavery voice during the intro did make me a little teary. It also let me know that it was cool to just start being dumb and silly on this forum again, because Harris wouldn't have wanted people to be all serious and sombre.

My favourite Harris bit probably changes depending on which episode I heard last. But the one that springs to mind is when he and Adam were doing characters that kept going into characters, and the quality degraded each level they went down. I thought that was so clever and funny and original, which I guess are very 'Harris' qualities.

• Like 13

My favorite ever episode is the anniversary show with St. Vincent because she has such visceral reactions to Harris' foam. It's so amazing

• Like 7

Wow... I managed to hold myself together through the intro and the whole episode, but the compilation at the end absolutely got me.

• Like 9

I wanted to let everyone know I discovered a joke today but I'm going to hold off on it until tomorrow.

And I'm going to make an effort to try and be back more.

• Like 9

Sarah Silverman describing the Sarah Silverman Program writing room:

"Sometimes when we hit a rough patch and we're just kind of sitting around and not laughing and no one's coming up with ideas, Harris would just like stand up, pull down his pants and underwear, and sit back down like a-- like a stubborn baby."

• Like 3

Sarah Silverman describing the Sarah Silverman Program writing room:

"Sometimes when we hit a rough patch and we're just kind of sitting around and not laughing and no one's coming up with ideas, Harris would just like stand up, pull down his pants and underwear, and sit back down like a-- like a stubborn baby."

Chelsea tweeted a photo of one of these occasions (when Rob Schrab squirt lotion all over Harris' dick).

It's also in Sarah's book.

• Like 5

Chelsea tweeted a photo of one of these occasions (when Rob Schrab squirt lotion all over Harris' dick).

It's also in Sarah's book.

Oh! I missed that, but that's what exactly what SS was describing. It's CBB no. 52, and she's like "I know I should delete that from my phone bc it looks so real." Then Scott asks Harris if his sexual weirdness stemmed from the fact that he got his first blowjob at his bar mitzvah, surrounded by a protective wall of his friends. Which is pretty fucked up, I guess, but also pretty baller? (Can anything at a bar mitzvah be baller? In mine, the closest thing would've been the klezmer band clarinetist. Dude could wail.)

• Like 1

Everyone in this is being very funny and cool, and I think "y'all" should watch it.

I like this, but the filming makes it a little difficult to watch.

• Like 1

Anyone gonna be in Nashville tonight? I'm flying in a I'm going to be drunk as a skunk.

Oh no. This can't be good news. If it's not, I'm sorry Bruce.

So just finding some episodes with Harris over the weekend has made him one of my favourite comedians. I'm definitely going to seek out other podcasts with him, #humbebrag and rewatch Parks and Recreation episodes penned by him. Any other suggestions for Harris stuff?

• Like 2