🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 115 — Tying the Rope

Cave exploring is the path the gang chooses to take after they’ve finished battling an electric tree octopus. Will they find something living deep within these caves? Listen to find out!

Why, WHY would you have a Brian character climbing down above everyone else? He made the save this time, but I was having visions of horrible chain reactions...

Also, "what dice is this shit" could be a new alternate name for the podcast...

• Like 5

Also, I've not said much about this the last few weeks, but still cracks me up how quick this party is to decide everyone is their enemy. "Yeah, we've figured out that the blue guys are dicks too"--or, maybe, you've figured out violent biker gangs are dicks. Of course form here on out it's a self-fulfilling prophecy since they're going to assume every blue you meet is an enemy and attack first and molest their corpses, until word gets out and sure enough they do all hate you. Sort of the same as happened with the reds and one weird mountain man...

Not complaining, just saying maybe the refrain of "Blaine gives the party nothing but enemies" refrain is a little off. After all, the one time he gave them something like a traditional RPG plot with NPCs and quests they all said "NOPE, getting on our bird and flying away..."

• Like 1

Here are 3 things I thought were going to happen while listening to this that did not happen:

1. Brian dies by falling (again)

2. New Dan character revealed as sentient cave Cookie Monster

3. Blue giants driving fast/weird loud noise leads to a Doc Brown time travel scenario that leads the party to a new place and/or story

#2 would have been incredible

• Like 3

Another great one guys! Fucking giants! Am I the only one still holding out hope that the golden giants might not be giant golden dicks?

• Like 2

Lyra's last thought:

The cataclysm that tore this land apart and separated its elemental natures has surely made its beings incomplete. Even when they are coherent and intelligent, many generations born since the event, their psyches appear damaged as if a part of them lies elsewhere at all times. They can only be one fractured element of themselves. These lands are chaotic and hostile by nature, we have travelled far from home and far from any sanctuary and there must be no way to reason with its people. Oh damnit, these were really nice boots. I bet they don't loot these boots off my corpse. Great, now they're full of my blood too. What a drag.
  • Like 7

Lyra will live on in all of our hearts.

Until our hearts are dissolved by the digestive enzymes that now comprise the bulk of her body, and her pink quivering mass slowly envelops the entire planet.

• Like 3

Dan: You're the only other person who could play Lyra as well as Sarah did. Thank you.

• Like 7

I was in fact legit fooled the first time Dan did his Steve's-creepy-voice impression.

I very much enjoyed acclimating Rick to Winter's...proclivities :P

• Like 4

Thanks guys! I should be back to doing what I was born to do (pretend I'm females with pointy ears) within a couple episodes.

• Like 2

Curiosity is murder! Is she going to have mad swagger? Was she birthed from a mauve blob? Will she be twice as metal as dag?

Next time after next time on Dragon ball Brian Posehn and friends minus friends plus friends.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who doesn't really think that Rick fits in with the rest of the Nerd Poker cast?

Nice try, Rick.

• Like 3

Am I the only one who doesn't really think that Rick fits in with the rest of the Nerd Poker cast?

I love the whole show, but nobody cracks me up as completely and consistently as Rick. He is a sick, sick monkey.

• Like 1