🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
justinmh05

R.I.P. Harris Wittels

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS CANT BE REAL

EDIT: I hate that TMZ broke this news because their comments are full of horrible fucking people. Fuck them all.

• Like 5

This is unthinkable. My heart goes out to Scott and Kulap and the hundreds of other friends whose lives Harris touched.

• Like 15

Maybe the funniest person in the world. He brought so much joy to me in every one of his appearances. I'm absolutely heartbroken.

• Like 4

RIP I'm in shock from this. I was rooting for him so hard especially after hearing him on You Made It Weird.

• Like 5

this absolutely is the worst thing in the world.. my body hurts just thinking about it.. im crying..

• Like 3

So very sad.

Thank you, Harris, for Foam Corner and Farts & Procreation (and the show that was its linguistic inspiration). If only there could have been more.

• Like 2

I can't believe it. Been a fan of his work for quite a few years and in this medium you really get to know the comedians you admire over time. Fuck my heart goes out to everyone who loved him and got the opportunity to work with him.

• Like 2

So, so sad. Addiction is one of the worst things in the world.

• Like 1

I'm really having a hard time believing this. Through CBB and Parks and Rec he's brought me years of joy. I feel terrible for Scott and everyone else in that comedy community who clearly loved him. My thoughts are with them all.

• Like 2

This doesn't even feel a little bit real. Still hoping this is like a fucked up dream i'm having.

Love to everyone who ever loved Harris.

fuck.

• Like 7

This is crushing me right now. I'm just sitting on Twitter refreshing, watching people say nice things about him and how much they'll miss him. There's going to be a big hole in our podcast hearts now. Not to mention TV. :/

RIP Harris. Man, we'll miss you. Condolences to all those close to him.

• Like 2

Damn, that hurts. I was just thinking the other day about how he hasn't been on Earwolf in a while, and hoped he was staying clean. Poor guy, I'll miss him

Damn. It feels a little dishonest to be feeling this way, because I know the intimate feeling of podcasting is an illusion. But damn this hits harder than celebrity deaths usually do. My heart goes out to the people who are losing an actual part of their real lives and not just a part of the imaginary life in their earbuds...

• Like 19

This is devastating. Of all the comedy people I've come to love over the past few years, he was the one I most identified with and found the funniest. He's brought a lot of joy to my life, and I'm deeply sad for all of his loved ones.

• Like 2

I know I'm basically repeating everyone, but this sucks and drug addiction is a horrible thing. I may have to listen to Farts and Procreation and the UTU2TM commentary special.

"Like a young Mike and Omar taking the garbage out...great Epps." is still one of the most unexpectedly hilarious things I have heard in my life, and that's just one of many hilarious things he's been a part of.

• Like 2

I started listening to CBB about 4 years ago. i listened back and was up to date listening from episode 1 in like 3 months. Since,i have become a religious, every monday listener. Harris has always been perhaps my favorite. Whether its because of hilarious one liner cheese jokes (or should i say foam) or his ridiculous lack of a character, characters.... Carl SJunior...i every time have laughed uncontrollably.

Thank you Harris for all the Farts and Pro/Parks and Rec/Humble Brag/Dont Stop or We'll Die/Foam jokes

I regurgitate a lot of what i hear on CBB but ill leave this with my favorite joke. A joke i have told more than any other. that just so fits my humor

I wanna open a small plate, irish, jamaican restaurant... and call it " Tapas the morning to Jah"

• Like 5

fuck... i don;t even know. it's be expressed here how silly it is for fans like us who never really knew the guy to feel so connected to him but i can't help but be deeply pained by this. some one who brought me so much happiness and who's made me laugh harder than almost anyone at times is gone, and someone who's the same age as me too, it's unreal. it's something I've been dreading ever since hearing that Pete Holmes interview and I don't want to believe it.

• Like 9

Damn. It feels a little dishonest to be feeling this way, because I know the intimate feeling of podcasting is an illusion. But damn this hits harder than celebrity deaths usually do. My heart goes out to the people who are losing an actual part of their real lives and not just a part of the imaginary life in their earbuds...

This really sums it up perfectly. I've listened to every one of his CBB Eps multiple times, and of course Analyze Phish. You really feel like you know these people.

I'm a huge sopranos fan and would say that tony soprano is my favorite charac of all time, but when James Gandolfini died, I felt sort of surprised that I was a little sad. This is different. This is real.

• Like 5