🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
CraigHowe

We will miss you Harris

I am finally crying now. I feel like a friend has died. Oh my god please let this be some kind of sick joke.

• Like 8

This is so difficult. I want all of this to be some terrible dream. I have been sobbing for some time. I can not stop thinking what a tragedy this is.

• Like 4

It's 4 am and I've never been crying and laughing so hard at the same time. Thank you Harris for making me realize you don't have to try to be funny.

• Like 8

I just relistened to the U Talkin' U2 To Me? Commentary Special yesterday, where they joked about hearing that he died after the episode they did. About an hour ago, I was looking at the trending topics on facebook and saw "Harris Wittels" and thought "Hm, what's he up to?" and then I saw the word "dies" and I froze, mouth agape. I tried looking at it again, hoping I had misread it. This fucking kills me. I wish this was a joke, and that I could wake up and he'd still be here. We miss you, Harris

First thing I thought about when I saw this horribly sad news was those jokes Scott and Scott made about his deaths, feels so weird now

• Like 4

My jaw dropped at the headlines and I could only make it through 10 mins of the WTF replay interview :(

Podcasting really is a very intimate medium, and losing Harris feels almost like losing a good friend. We'll miss you. I hope you are still writing jokes for the big Foam Corner in the sky.

• Like 9

This may be a bit of word vomit, because I feel like this is the only place I can let it out.

This makes me really sad. I read this online, and thought it was a joke, because the source was TMZ. Then, I Googled it. Then, I read his Wikipedia page. That is when I teared up.

Then, someone on another forum posted one of his Foam Corner bits. That is when I broke down. And I felt like such an idiot, because he had no idea I existed. I was like, why the fuck am I crying? But that didn't stop me.

I guess it is like what someone else said. Podcasts are an intimate genre. So you really get to know someone.

And this goes to show how he cheers me up. Here I am, upset about his death, listening to a Foam Corner segment, and he just made me laugh. (In regards to stores offering cash-back: "That is like the bank offering zucchinis").

• Like 16

Wow. Just such sad news.

He really was so much fun to listen to, foam corner, analyse phish, don't stop or we'll die.

He bought so much joy to the people who listen to this whole network of shows.

Rest in peace mate.

• Like 5

"I'm a straight up veterinarian"

"You had me at cum on guys"

• Like 11

sniffles. walks away from group. stares at cloud with teary/blurry vision. pulls bill of cap down over the eyes. mutters to self "Fuck, not Wittels."

• Like 1

Everyone should definitely listen to the You Made It Weird episode from November

• Like 6

This is so unbelievably sad. I was absent mindedly browsing Twitter and - amongst the re-tweets - thought I'd seen at least one original from Harris, so I assumed all of the articles and messages were some sort of dark, elaborate joke. Hit me like a tonne of bricks when I realised it was real. Godammit, I've never been hit so hard by the death of someone I'd never met.

Harris, you were an amazing talent and a wonderful guy. Enjoy your journey through the cosmos.

• Like 7

I came home last night night and my wife told me this news and I couldn't believe it. Robin Williams was huge last year (and I know it's wrong to compare such things), but Wittels hit me so hard on a more personal level. I still can't stop thinking about it. The way he just spoke in general really connected with me. After I heard the You Made It Weird episode, I immediately wrote Harris a Facebook message saying, "I listened to your return on You Made It Weird, and it was great hearing your story. You're seriously my favorite comedian and thank you for sharing your humor with us all."

It shows the message was "seen," and I hope he did read it. There was so much more I could have said, but I wanted him to know he has many fans that care about what he does and who he is. I feel like so much comedy has been lost, and I wonder how one can even do comedy after such news. But I'm certain Harris would want people to continue to joke and work to be even funnier.

• Like 7

This news is so devastating. Harris was like a friend/bro to all who listened and loved his work. As others have said, it's hard to imagine what his real life friends and family are going through. I thought of Scott immediately and my heart hurts thinking of everyone at Earwolf, Parks, etc..

Harris will live on through his work. 30 years old... so young... ugh.

Thanks for so many laughs. Rest in peace.

• Like 7

the Earwolf family and the world lost one of the good guys yesterday. i fucking love you, Harris.

"I'm wanna open a Jamaican, Irish, Spanish small-plate breakfast restaurant and call it - "

(see my tagline for almost a year) :(

• Like 9

I was just so unbelievably shocked when I heard about this...and when I got to thinking about it, I probably knew more about Harris than a lot of people I work with and interact with on a daily basis. It does really feel like I've lost a personal friend despite the fact that I never met him.

A couple months ago when I was really depressed, I listened to his episode of You Made It Weird from November, and it really gave me confidence to keep pushing, and to keep trying to get better. On that episode he sounded like he was finally making a full recovery, and even though that seems to not have been the case, he still was an amazing comedian and integral part of Earwolf, and he's going to be missed so much.

• Like 8

RIP U2's biggest fan.

I discovered Comedy Bang Bang and this whole comedy podcast universe with episode 95 when it was still Death Ray Radio. Harris introduced his character Jack from the Lumber Yard. It was amazing. Great ep.

Creak. Slam. Sit.

We'll miss you, Harris.

• Like 12

To the Earwolf community, I am very sorry for your loss. Addiction is a sad, confusing, and cruel thing. Take care of yourselves.

• Like 4

Harris never failed to make me laugh. I never met him, but this feels like losing a friend. So much love to Harris's friends, family, and the Earwolf community. The world lost a truly funny person far too soon.

You will be missed, Harris.

3KbKi2d.png

• Like 8

It's so strange ... I've never been affected by a 'celebrity' death like this before.

He was so funny and genuine ... jesus.

It feels like a friend is gone.

• Like 9

I just found out 30 minutes ago and I'm still crying. I feel so heartbroken, like I lost a friend, which is so strange because I didn't even knew him. I think that listening to somebody for so many hours just makes you feel close to someone, especially since I was such a hardcore Harris fan that I've listened to all his apprearences at least three times and I used the DSOWD episode as a lullaby..

The stupid thing is that I don't know anyone who listens to podcasts so I have no one to share my grief with. But I guess that's where you guys come in

• Like 9