🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 220.5 — 2/20/15 TWO CHARTED 159

Kulap and Howard start off the show with a list of things that have been weighing on Howard’s mind, such as, his headache, dog walker trip wires, and Cody the engineer. Then, Howard talks about SNL 40 and how twitter almost ruined the whole experience for him, as well as a brand new way to spice up your smoothies. Also, Kulap discusses the musical Wicked and how, in some ways, the experience trumped reading the book. Additionally, Howard and Kulap converse about the advantages of yoga and meditation. Lastly, Howard warns Chartists that he might not know what he’s talking about.

I mean, you have to know what his taste in tunes is by now so I can't see how it'd bother you. You don't get many guys whatever Howard's age is who make any kind of effort to keep up with new music, it's part of who he is and part of what makes the show great IMO.

• Like 2

I just couldn't get it out of my head that this was recorded days ago, before the loss of Harris. I can't compartmentalize the news enough to enjoy the ep. Maybe the rest of today will be a music-only day.

• Like 10

Yeah, that's going to make a hell of a lot of earwolf podcasts weird/tough to listen to.

• Like 9

Gucci Mane is awful and so is Howard's taste in hip hop. Still love the show but damn, this music hurts the ears

richer than your daddy and i ain't even 30

• Like 4

I mean, you have to know what his taste in tunes is by now so I can't see how it'd bother you. You don't get many guys whatever Howard's age is who make any kind of effort to keep up with new music, it's part of who he is and part of what makes the show great IMO.

Jensen Karp, who granted, is a few years younger, keeps current with hip-hop and most types of music.

Speaking of Jensen, Get Up On PBS' "Earth: A New Wild". This week's ecosystem being focused on? The ocean. Fascinating nature show that focuses on changes to the ecology of the wild that we as humans have done. I think Howard could get on board with this show as it documents our ability to fuck botch something and then try to un-fuck botch it, and nature still finds a way to survive and thrive.

Also, Kulap almost nailed it. Howard's Ellie Goulding sounds like Besser's Bjork.

He was talking about Rodney Mullen, who is part savant part mad man and total space cadet.

"HE'S LEANING BACK IN HIS CHAIR LIKE A CEO" really got me. A riled up Howard does delight me.

But as others have said, the shadow cast over listening to the ep by todays news was hard to get around.

• Like 1

"HE'S LEANING BACK IN HIS CHAIR LIKE A CEO" really got me. A riled up Howard does delight me.

But as others have said, the shadow cast over listening to the ep by todays news was hard to get around.

Agreed, especially all the talk about Cassady's wedding. :(

• Like 1

I mean, you have to know what his taste in tunes is by now so I can't see how it'd bother you.

I feel like it's getting worse on a week-to-week basis, though. But the songs Howard picks are like one minute total out of an hour-ish show, so whatever.

Anyway, fun episode as always, felt good to loosen up and laugh for a while

I just couldn't get it out of my head that this was recorded days ago, before the loss of Harris. I can't compartmentalize the news enough to enjoy the ep. Maybe the rest of today will be a music-only day.

I just found out from your post. Fuck me, this is sad.

• Like 1

"I like to mark a book up, so I can see where the learnings are." -H. Kremer

Sign in to follow this