🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 336 — NOT Farts and Procreation 4

Scott is wrong. His eulogy was the finest a person could ask for. I'm too sad to listen to the rest of the episode right now, but damn it, Scott Aukerman. You did wonderful work with that intro. My condolences to Scott and all of the Earwolf people.

• Like 8

I've never been in a band and frankly, I don't even know how to play any instruments, but if I ever do start a band, I'm gonna call it "Father, What's My Consequence?"

I'm forever grateful we got another hour of Harris. He told Pete Holmes on YMIW that he didn't understand why death was so "tragic" to so many people because we all die, though of course he knows that it's sad for those around you because you're gone and there won't be more laughs. The stories told by people like Aziz, voicemails to Lance Bangs, and episodes like this, mean that even after his death, we are still getting a few more new laughs (Pontius Tonight .... I can't stop laughing every time I think about it) and much like with Mitch Hedberg, we will re-enjoy, and re-tell his funniest moments for decades to come. Maybe even another 12 centuries.

Bye Harris. We love you.

• Like 10

Wow. Scott's words at the top were amazing. Thank you so much Scott for sharing your thoughts, and for sharing this episode, as painful as it surely is.

• Like 1

Also, just looked at the ep pics, and just want to say the Scott-Harris side-hug in the couch photo is precious.

• Like 2

just sent Harris an email.

Dick or tits? He'll probably be the first person to ever hit his Gmail inbox limit, comprised solely of body parts.

Went in with much hesitation, but as others have said - Scott's words at the beginning were amazing and the episode made me laugh more than it made me sad. I didn't know that (N)F&P4 had been recorded, but just hearing everyone so happy on a fresh episode brings some joy to an unbelievably sad occasion.

• Like 3

Hilarious from start to finish. The beginning and the end were wonderful, I'll revisit that outro many times.

The whole thing was just a great way to remember Harris, from the TV pitch to foam corner, to just the studio pictures of him making everyone laugh. The last few days have hurt, this helped more than anything.

• Like 2

The ending to this episode was perfect. A humble tribute to a gentle guy. No, I did not know him aside from his public persona; but I feel they may have been close to one-and-the-same. I wouldn't think I'd have been as moved as I am by what is essentially a stranger's passing. I know we all feel the same sadness and I'm happy that at least some of his humor will live on through his writings & recordings.

• Like 1

Dick or tits? He'll probably be the first person to ever hit his Gmail inbox limit, comprised solely of body parts.

Went in with much hesitation, but as others have said - Scott's words at the beginning were amazing and the episode made me laugh more than it made me sad. I didn't know that (N)F&P4 had been recorded, but just hearing everyone so happy on a fresh episode brings some joy to an unbelievably sad occasion.

No pics(just in case a loved one is taking care of business for Harris). Just told him I missed him, and a thank you. #icecreambuffet

• Like 1

:( I miss Harris, never met him but like Scott said, listening to him on every analyze phish, every cbb episode he was on, who charted, and all the other podcasts made me feel like I did.
  • Like 4

Dammit, Harris did it again.

Tricked me into listening to Phish cause he had jokes on top of em.

Great outtro audiomontage. RIP.

• Like 2

Love that Scott didn't put any ads on this ep, this was not released for any monetary gain, it was released as a tribute to a great comedian.

Thanks, Scott.

• Like 18

Loved the episode, and the Harris compilation at the end gave me chills. He was so funny. Thanks to Scott and the whole Earwolf team for putting this together and releasing it.

Hope Harris is getting a BJ on the floor of the movie theater in heaven as I type this.

• Like 20

Thank you Earwolf. Without you I would never have grown to love Harris like I did.

Thank you Harris. There is no one like you. I'm 35 years old and I've never taken the passing of a celebrity this way. You meant a lot to a lot of people, and I felt like you were my friend.

4 days later and this isn't getting any easier....

• Like 4

Couldn't tell for sure how much of the pain in this morning's laughter was grief-related, and how much was just the pained laughter that always goes with a F+P. I think that's probably how Harris would have wanted it.

Also, it will be nice to have another reminder of Harris's joyful strangeness around Christmas this year. Because this is a shoe-in for best-of-2015.

• Like 3

Thanks for posting this Scott. Your intro was perfect. Thanks for making me laugh. I hope Harris' comedy will help heal some of the pain your feeling...

• Like 1

This montage is definitely getting to me. Really well done, guys.

It's good. It's funky!

• Like 5

This montage is definitely getting to me. Really well done, guys.

It's good. It's funky!

I'm really glad they kept in the St. Vincent reaction sounds from 156, possibly the most perfect foam reactions...

• Like 10