🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 336 — NOT Farts and Procreation 4

I think it was at that part that I guffawed a bit in the audience (it could've been another honest confession of his where I guffawed, I honestly cannot recall). Harris then locked eyes with me for a split second with no discernable reaction on his face. But I remember that moment and thinking "Oh, was I not supposed to laugh at that? I hope I didn't offend Harris."

With the context of the story now on this podcast, picturing that moment between the two of you is hilarious.

• Like 3

It doesn't matter what comes after this. NOT Farts and Procreation 4 will be the #1 episode of the year.

I agree, and not just because of the loss of Harris making this episode special. This is a good Comedy Bang Bang, uh...podcast.

Such a bittersweet episode, with weirdly good(?) timing. Was more than I could have hoped for this morning, and brings a hint of closure to this whole tragedy. Will be listening to it, especially the intro and outro, many times in the future.

It's nice reading everyone's comments on Harris, around the forums here and the rest of the internet. It truly makes me appreciate this community, of random strangers that I can share something so personal in common with that my real life friends and family just wouldn't understand.

Any context or story behind the voicemail at the very end?

Cheers.

• Like 3

thank you Scott... for everything. I listened to the intro before I went to sleep and the ep the second I woke up. they were right: the worst one yet - and I treasured every second of it. on a lighter note, when would be the proper time to start jerking off to Harris again?

too soon...? (I mean, does anyone else finish too soon?)

more like too late. I'm sure someone else already made that joke in this 8 page thread.... but I had to.

• Like 1

Any context or story behind the voicemail at the very end?

It's a bit from Eardrop iirc.

• Like 1

So sad but so funny. Thank you Scott. Farts and Procreations 1 was the first CBB ep I ever listened to and it got me hooked. Harris truly did feel like a friend and he will never be forgotten by his fans. We needed this.

• Like 1

Scott made me cry within the first minute. And then roughly 30 seconds into the actual episode, I was already dying with laughter and grinning ear-to-ear.

Thank you Scott for deciding to release this. It was obviously the right call. You said it yourself: Motherfuckers wanna laugh.

A celebrity death has never hit me so hard before. Harris reminds me too much of a couple of my real-life friends, only about 20 times funnier.

• Like 7

Thank you for this. It was really nice to hear Harris one last time. So bittersweet. Really touching intro as well, Scott, that couldn't have been easy. Thank you Scott. Thank you, Earwolf. Much love to everyone.

Rest well, Harris. Miss you dude

• Like 7

I'm sure this wasn't easy to post, but I'm really glad you guys decided to. At the risk of sounding like a complete boner, it's kind of the perfect closer for the fans of this show and his work. Such a brilliant and likable dude. Over the years of listening to this podcast I knew that every episode he was on was going to be amazing, this episode is no different. Thanks for posting it.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Harris, you left us wanting more. (that's what she said)

• Like 4

Thank you Scott and Earwolf for putting this out, great to hear Harris on a podcast for the last time. The intro (that was a beautiful eulogy) and the ending montage of Harris' best foams and other jokes had me in tears and the episode itself had me laughing my ass of, especially during the Harris' and Adam's tv show bit. It was kind of a weird thing to listen to, because I couldn't stop thinking about Harris being gone even though I was laughing at his, Chelsea's and Scott and Scott's jokes and bits at the same time. All I can say is that this was needed and that I am very grateful that this ep was released.

Motherfucker wanted to laugh.

• Like 4

Tears.

So. Many. Tears.

I almost want to go to a Phish show in Harris' honor. Almost. Maybe it would be a bearable experience if we made it an Earwolf fan meetup. Everyone write your favorite piece of foam on a t-shirt so we know how to find each other.

• Like 7

Thank you Scott, your introduction was perfect and I can't imagine how hard it was and how hard this is for you and those close to Harris. The ending was perfect as well, and we got one last Foam Corner, we got one last Creak. Slam. Sit... I felt depressed and confused about this for a few days, but I think because of your intro and because I got to listen to Harris one more time, it feels a bit better. I still can't make sense of it but your introduction was genuinely uplifting and put my head in a different place, it definitely helped me to remember that motherfuckers just wanna laugh. Harris will continue to make us laugh forever.

I hope Harris's gmail inbox is overflowing with new pictures of dicks and maybe finally some tits.

• Like 4

It feels so pointless repeating what everyone else has said but I still want to say thank you to Scott, your into was beautiful and the podcast has brought me so much joy for years now.

Even though podcasts are mostly ephemeral, I've bonded with friends over them, made other online friends because of them and gone to shows featuring comedians I heard about from the podcast. Even through difficult times, Comedy Bang Bang and other Earwolf podcasts have been there to give me something to look forward to. It's hard to imagine my life without them.

• Like 4

Felt compelled to join in and say thank you. Love seeing all the feedback for this and to know that I was not alone in feeling genuine sorrow for losing someone I had never actually met. Glad you posted this Scott. Thanks again.

• Like 1

I've been enjoying all the posted memories and comments about Harris. The main thing I knew about him was that he's fucking hilarious. We all know that, it's public knowledge.

But one thing I didn't know about him, that I have gathered from comedians' recent rememberings online, was how nice a person he was. Shelby Fero's tumblr post, old messages where Harris is helping her get in the comedy writing game, was the most insightful about this. He really was shockingly kind in it.

I can't remember where I read this, but another person mentioned that Harris gave the best compliments.

So besides laughing and crying, I also noticed little things in this episode, instances of Harris being nice. Particularly at the end. During plugs, he says he's accepting writer submissions. (ok i'm not in showbiz, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that's a normal thing? I certainly haven't heard that in the plugs section before.) Seems like he was just really open and interested in other people and new comedy.

Then Chelsea points out the plugbag theme sounds like Renaissance music. Harris says, 'you're really good at calling out genres' !

And I second everything said on these forums. It means so much to us; thank you to everyone involved.

• Like 8

Oh, man, this was sorely needed. The montage at the end was a great sendoff. I've never felt so moved after a Hitler joke :')

Thanks so much, guys.

• Like 4

First, this motherfucker felt sad.

Then this motherfucker burst out laughing several times while listening to the episode during his daily jog.

Finally, this motherfucker felt really bittersweet while listening to the outro.

I really want to thank Scott for introducing Harris' bizarre sense of humor to my life. Every time I saw him on the guest list I did a little mental fist bump because I knew that I would be in for some really solid comedy. Comedy Bang Bang, as silly as it is, really did help me through some difficult times in my life, and Harris' segments were always ones I could count on for making the day a bit better. Such a terrible loss for everyone.

R.I.P Harris.

• Like 4