🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 336 — NOT Farts and Procreation 4

I was worried that this was going to be too hard to listen to, but I'm enjoying myself! It's because of this episode! It's good! It's funky!

• Like 5

Haven't posted in forever, but had to come in and thank Scott and everyone for getting this episode out. It's goddamn painful but wonderful to hear. My heart goes out to all of Harris' family and friends. This just absolutely sucks.

• Like 1

When I first heard the news, my heart immediately sank not only for him, but for the loss that was felt by all of his close friends whom I admire so much like Scott. Like others have said, Harris' passing hit me so much harder than any other celebrity has. It's probably partially because of listening to him talk about his addiction and recoveries, and because he was such a genuinely funny and nice guy.

I really appreciated hearing Scott talk so candidly about it and couldn't have been more happy to have had one more opportunity to get a new podcast with Harris. It will certainly be an episode that stays with me for awhile. But I still hate Phish.

• Like 1

Thank you Scott for releasing this. You are right, all of us felt like we knew Harris. Every episode he did, every tweet, every joke brought a little bit of happiness to a lot of people. I'm glad I'll be able to remember him any time with just a few clicks to experience the joy he brought again and again. RIP Harris, we love you and we'll see you in the foam corner.

• Like 3

This hurts soooo much now that it's over. I wanted to know what Harris was going to do in New York. He was brilliant and I know he was just getting started. The addiction problems makes it hurt so much worse. He will be missed and thank you so much for this episode. RIP Harris - this broke my heart.

"ALRIGHT LET'S PLAY ONE OF YOUR DUMB FUCKING GAMES. I'LL START. HEY! WOULD YOU RATHER FUCKING - EAT A DOG WITH CHOPSTICKS OR READ AN EMAIL CHAIN" Harris mad RULES.

• Like 15

Thank you, Scott. The introduction was touching and the episode was great.

Also, I didn't notice any ads, and I don't think it was mentioned. Very classy.

Rest in Bryan Pieces, Harris.

• Like 5

I commented earlier having only listened to Scott's intro at that point, and I put off listening to the rest, kinda dreading the rollercoaster of emotions I expected to be taken on and being bummed out.

Turns out I was being stupid. The bulk of the episode was such a fun experience, and it just felt really fucking good to hear Harris one last time doing horrible yet brilliant characs, sucking his own dick and telling coathanger jokes.

The compilation at the end was straight up beautiful, I couldn't stop smiling. Not just because it was Harris being funny as all hell, but because of all the memories that it invoked. I can't think of a better way to have ended this ep.

• Like 7

Thanks for all the laughs, Harris. I'm one of the many people Scott talked about in the intro who almost came to think of you as a friend, despite having never met you. It just made it even more surprising and real to hear you talk about how serious your addiction problems were. Hearing that you had passed was on the other hand almost unreal. It's so strange and incredibly sad to know that your foam cornering days are over. Hopefully you are enjoying the foam retirement with a nice ice cream buffet. Rest in peace.

And Scott, thank you as well for all the laughs and entertainment you have provided together with your friends for so many years now. Your podcast has lifted my spirits on some dark days. It is very appreciated.

• Like 2

If I'm not mistaken, the last ever piece of foam is the first ever Foam Re-run. Which is hilarious and very foamy.

• Like 9

I would like to say thank you to Scott, I would like to say thank you to Chelsea, I would like to say thank you to Adam, I would like to say thank you to all friends of the show, I would like to say thank you to all of you in the forums, and finally I would like to say thank you to you, Harris. You made this motherfucker laugh.

• Like 17

If I'm not mistaken, the last ever piece of foam is the first ever Foam Re-run. Which is hilarious and very foamy.

I caught that too, as I took a break from re-listening to all of Harris' CDDR/CBB/AP/UTU2TM? appearances to listen to this new ep.

• Like 3

I just wanted to say I needed this episode. Like many of you, Earwolf podcasts have gotten me through some tough times. Loneliness was always easier to deal with when I had my ear goggles on bumping Earwolf pod. The loss of Harris is something I think we feel as a community, but also in our own personal ways. Analyze Phish taught me to enjoy Phish and allowed me to relate to my brother-in-law (huuuge Phish Head) and many other phriends in a way that I never thought I would. I've loved Harris' appearances on CBB and Whooch and I can't imagine what the Earwolf universe would have been without him.

Listening to this ep was incredibly bittersweet because it made me confront the idea of a comedy and entertainment landscape without anymore new tweets, jokes, scripts, or foam from Twittels. But the ep also made me laugh and smile in the unique way all the Farts and Pros have. The supercut of some of Harris' best moments at the end had me losing it in the best way possible and made me incredibly grateful for all the Harris material we are lucky enough to have at our disposal.

Harris was right on the money when he said "motherfuckers just want to laugh" and he absolutely made this particular motherfucker laugh countless times. Thank you, Scott, for deciding to release this ep in a moment when so many of us motherfuckers really needed to laugh and celebrate a guy who was a straight up chiller that could make me laugh merely by sitting down after opening and slamming a creaky door.

Harris, I'll miss you, man.

Enjoy your continued journey through the cosmos and thanks for being our tour guide (sorry).

• Like 11

Truly bummed Harris is gone, but at least we got to laugh with him one more time. Thanks for posting this ep.

Everything I wanted to say has already been said beautifully somewhere within this thread. I didn't realize until thursday night how closely I feel to the podcasting community in general, and the Earwolf network specifically. I'm very glad that I have the opportunity to be a fly on the wall to so many hilarious musings and characters. I'm really glad this episode was released, and I hope Scott NEVER stops making CB!B!: the podcast.

It is such a strange thing to feel the pain of mourning for a person I have never met, but that's the only way I can describe what's going on within me right now. Seeing the way people like Aziz, Silverman, Poehler, Besser, Peretti and PFT [among others] describe their memories and feelings confirms that the world truly lost a hard working, wonderful person and a young, comedy giant. The phone call from Heaven nearly destroyed me, but somehow was still absolutely delightful to hear.

Thanks for everything Harris; I hope that everyone affected by your far-too-soon passing heals quickly and can alchemize the pain and tears back into joy and laughter very soon. All love.

• Like 2

This has been a tough few days dealing with this loss. The legacy Harris has left in all of the podcasts he has been a part of has really been what has got me through this. When I listen to them, I can't help but find his humour so fresh, even though I've heard it before it manages to catch me off guard.

Thank you Scott for putting this out, and for eulogizing to a certain extent in the beginning. You might not have been the best person to eulogize him in a general sense, but for me and many others on this forum, we always had the treat of hearing Harris alongside you on this podcast or in UTU2TM or Analyze Phish, and so hearing you speak about Harris as a person is really what I needed to hear. I teared up during it, and then I loved the episode, and loved the post episode collection of his jokes.

But when it ended, I was hit with a level of emotion I wasn't expecting. I guess it finally feels real, whereas before I was holding on to some sliver of hope that it would all be a hoax. I'm glad I was alone listening, because I reached a level of bawling that I was not prepared for.

Harris was incredible, one of the best, and I'm thankful we got to have one more time with him. I'm glad to hear he's enjoying himself in the afterlife.

• Like 3

The whole Bom Betty section made me laugh to a ridiculous degree.

I'm always bummed that Scott feels like each Farts & Pro gets worse. I listened to them all just a couple days ago, and they're all equally funny (though the first had the benefit of being unexpected). Harris and Adam's Inception-style scenework in the third episode, featuring Chelsea as Sherry OTerry and Scott as Ping Pong Jones, is one of the best moments in the history of the podcast, and the second episode has Rod Aug and Blaze, who are at least as funny as Brian Pieces and Jack SJunior.

• Like 4

And I believe in the second Farts and Pro we get the immortal words from Ghost Harris:

"You gotta keep it fresh to death in the after-after"

• Like 8

Check out Chelsea's timeline for some pics of the WBC protesters, including a Vine of Joe Mande offering them $100 for the Harris sign.

• Like 6

Such an emotional roller coaster. So much crying, then laughing, then crying. Thank you Scott, Brett, July, Ele, and everyone at Earwolf. You guys are amazing. I know this wasn't easy, but we really appreciate you sharing this with us.

I just wish I had emailed Harris long ago to let him know how much I loved and appreciated him....and sent him a photo of someone's boobs.

• Like 5

Desperately sad over Harris' death. I am one of those who never met him, but it feels like I have lost a friend. I announced at lunch that "a comedian I really liked died last week", how could that even encapsulate the sorrow I feel, that the collective we (Harris fans) feel from his death? It felt so strange, like I had been waiting to get it off my chest, why didn't any of my coworkers care? It is awkward that I feel so strongly about someone I never met. I feel like I have been mourning since Thursday, and glad to get some 'closure' with this episode. Thank you for putting this out despite all those feelings of uncertainty that fight inside your head when someone dies. It's astounding the impact you had on the world Harris, thanks for making all us motherfuckers laugh so much.

• Like 4

I, of course, share in the condolences and sympathies that everyone from Scott to other Earworlf users have expressed in far more eloquent fashion that I could. However, I think it would be in keeping with the spirit of Harris to congratulate user alfredo solis-Fuentes for what will forever be the most awkward period of worldwide fame on the Internet for having his catchphrase selected for this podcast, especially since it was heard mere seconds after Scott concluded his heartfelt into and eulogy for Harris. It's like something from Foam Corner itself. I just hope Harris is getting a movie theater ghost blowjob in heaven, and finishes by yelling "...on the grounds that it's too lemony!"

• Like 2