🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 336 — NOT Farts and Procreation 4

I'll echo what everyone here has been mentioning and say that this episode gave me a whirlwind of emotions. But oh man...that Isis show bit has to be in the top 5 hardest times I've ever laughed during CBB ever. I probably looked like a maniac puttering down the interstate in crowded traffic laughing so hard, constantly pushing the 15 second rewind button over and over...

This really sucks. Going to miss you dude.

• Like 4

"ALRIGHT LET'S PLAY ONE OF YOUR DUMB FUCKING GAMES. I'LL START. HEY! WOULD YOU RATHER FUCKING - EAT A DOG WITH CHOPSTICKS OR READ AN EMAIL CHAIN" Harris mad RULES.

The best part was immediately after this when Scott reacted with mock surprise that Harris actually listens to the show and Harris goes into a genuine spiel about how much he actually loves the show. He was like everyone's brother.

• Like 17

Thanks for posting this. I think I'm feeling this loss more than I have the right to. Like Scott said, I'm one of those people who never met him but felt a little like I knew him. I think I've listened to just about every podcast he's been on. He always seemed so genuine and felt so relatable. He had a truly special presence. I was lucky enough to see him do stand-up about a year or so ago, not too long after I moved to LA. I went to a secret show at UCB where no one knew who the line up would be. It turned out it was Harris, Nick Kroll, Sarah Silverman, and Zach Galifinakis. I was honestly most excited to see Harris. His career path, his comedy, inspired me. It feels stupid to say, but he made it seem so achievable even though he was so talented. I was too shy to talk to him after the show. And he felt like a pillar of the UCB community. I assumed he'd always be around. That there'd be a next time.

Anyway, I'm very glad this podcast exists and that you shared it with us. It feels good to hear him one more time. My heart goes out to all of his friends and family, who by all accounts have lost a wonderful, caring, genuine, hilarious person. I miss him and I didn't even know him, so I can't imagine how tremendous this hole in the world feels for the people who did.

But he was right, unsurprisingly. Motherfuckers wanna laugh. I'll keep coming back to his podcast episodes whenever I need my day brightened.

• Like 6

All of the comments on here are really spot on, Harris really did seem like a friend. It almost seemed like i knew him better than i know a lot of people in my daily life due to how honest and sincere he was. It recently became a dream of mine to attend a Phish show in hopes of meeting him there (i had never even listened to Phish before the podcast.)

The impact that Harris' passing has had on me made me realize how important Earwolf and it's community is in my life. It saddens me that Harris did so much for me by providing me with so much laughter and joy, but i was never able to thank him in return. So i want to say thank you to Scott and everyone else at Earwolf for bringing so much happiness to so many of our lives.

The intro and outro were absolutely perfect, and the extended bit that starts around 1:03:00 made me laugh so hard i couldn't breathe.

• Like 2

I loved this. I love this show. That's for putting this up, Scott. And thanks for doing the show every week.

• Like 2

Harris meant so much to the Earwolf family. I'm very appreciative of Scott and the rest of the Earwolf team for honoring him in the way that he'd want to be honored in a time when we're all hurting. I'll be reminding myself for a long time the wise, wise words that Harris spoke, "motherfuckers wanna laugh".

• Like 21

Fuck man. This really helped me deal with Harris's death. I have been questioning why I've been crying like a little baby comedy nerd all weekend, but Scott's words really put it in perspective. Harris really did seem like he was his geniune self on all his appearances on podcasts, stand-ups, what have you and it made us all feel like we lost a close friend. I couldn't put my finger on why I was feeling so incredibly emotional over this, but I've cried more over the loss of Harris than I have people who I've actually known.

Harris is a gem. That voicemail from heaven really got me. Thanks to whoever put that foam corner compliation together and thanks to Scott for his words at the beginning, they meant so much to so many of us. Nothing like a good sob-laugh. No longer will I look upon those crying clown paintings with disdain. I still think people who cried over Kurt Cobain's death are nerds.

• Like 4

Cried. Laughed laughed laughed. Cried. And then cried some more while reading everybody's comments.

The part that really got to me was when Harris brought up "Riddle Me This." I don't know if Scott was only pretending to be surprised that Harris listens to the podcast or not, but it was so touching.

• Like 4

I announced at lunch that "a comedian I really liked died last week", how could that even encapsulate the sorrow I feel, that the collective we (Harris fans) feel from his death? It felt so strange, like I had been waiting to get it off my chest, why didn't any of my coworkers care? It is awkward that I feel so strongly about someone I never met.

I know, right? I was shocked (and comforted) by how many other people felt this way. When I saw the news my stomach dropped and kept dropping.

Also, I am an atheist and try to live my life rationally, but I still cannot make myself listen to the earwolf sting at the end, because it will mean an ending.

• Like 3

"Goddammit Harris the Westboro Baptist Church just called you a "fag enabler” and you’re not here to see it" -Joe Mande

Harris Wittels, my favorite "fag enabler".

• Like 4

Thanks for that ep, Cutt Onionman. Going to have to respectfully disagree about you not being the best person for that eulogy.

• Like 3

Whew! I feel way better about masturbating to Harris now.

this made me laughcry so hard.

• Like 3

When the news about Harris came down, I didn't know him by name. I love Parks and Recreation and I had heard a couple appearanced of Don't Stop or We'll Die on CBB, but nothing else from him. Everyone in the HH forum was talking about how great Harris was and I was sure he was pretty funny and all, but I figured they were exaggerating in their grief. So I listened to F&P 1-3 and his appearances on UTU2TM and I wish I had known about him sooner. Immediately one of my favourite comedians. I wish that I had been following his comedy for years and that I could for years more. Listening to Scott's intro today brought me to tears. It is immediatey clear that a great talent has left us.

• Like 9

Phoam corner montage with Phish in the background... :) just awesome. Fucking rad.

• Like 3

I couldn't even get through the comments... I'm going to need to borrow Jon Hamm's tear ewer to attempt the episode...

Thanks for this epsiode, Scott, Earwolf techs, and especially, Hair-Dog.

RIP, man.

• Like 1

Listening to this was somewhat cathartic.

Thanks to Scott and Co. for releasing it, and I certainly understand your hesitation in doing so. But like you say, Harris just wanted to make people laugh, so it's fitting that he got to do so one last time.

I like to think Harris is somewhere up in the cosmos, smiling down on us knowing he's making us laugh once more.

(That is, if he's not flat on his back on some dirty movie theater floor getting a blowie.)

RIP, Harris. You were one of a kind, and we'll miss you dearly.

• Like 2

I haven't really had time to cry since Thursday, so I decided today was the day. I cried at Scott's intro on the way to work, cried at the ending during my lunch break, and was determined to go home and have a real good sob at home after work.

When I got off, it was raining. I was like, "Perfect! I'll cry and stare out at the rain! This is going to be so great!" But also the sun was shining. So then I saw the most beautiful rainbow. It was exactly what I needed. Cold rain on my face and the warm sun on my back, I just stood on the side of the road and took it in.

I don't believe in an afterlife or messages from beyond. But just in case I'm wrong, obviously the message wouldn't just be for me. So I want to share this rainbow with you all. <310991103_10153146438707206_1499766050416368893_n.jpg?oh=f2dad8fc728891f62d9ec82433b77851&oe=558DD378

Perfect.

• Like 3