🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 336 — NOT Farts and Procreation 4

I have cried so much the last few days. This feels very real to me. I am starting to hate life. I listened to those ending phone corner jokes like 10 times in a row.

Hey man, I feel you, but life can still be good. It allows us to listen to those foam corners over and over again whenever we want. I know it sucks that we get no more Harris, and he had so much potential beyond what he'd already given, but at least his death doesn't mean we get any less of what's already here. He was very potent spice in the world of comedy, had an awesome quality vs quantity ratio.

I forgot to mention the other great things in life. Not gonna list them all, but stashberry pie is up there

• Like 4

I moved at the beginning of the month and this was the wireless I set up.

8CCWiXJ.png

I don't have anything to add. Everyone else has summed up my feelings perfectly.

Thanks for the laughs Harris.

• Like 21

I moved at the beginning of the month and this was the wireless I set up.

8CCWiXJ.png

I don't have anything to add. Everyone else has summed up my feelings perfectly.

Thanks for the laughs Harris.

I like your fresh take, but I think "Because Fi" flows a little better.

• Like 9

To honor Harris, everyone should meet a girl or guy this week and ask them if they're "down to clown."

• Like 7

This is exactly the episode I hoped it would be. Harris's over-the-top belly laugh right before the sign off was perfect. Thanks so much for giving us this, Scott, Adam, Chelsea, Brett, everyone else, and most of all Harris. All brilliant, funny, and generous people. You've all made this motherfucker laugh.

• Like 1

Oh Harris. I never personally knew you yet miss you terribly. Haven't been able to bring myself to listen to this yet. I'm a big crier* so this will be insanely difficult. Thanks again for all the laughs, lil dude. Way behind on season seven of Parks and Rec but have been re-watching the earlier seasons and have a feeling you're responsible for most of the lines that make me burst out laughing. Never in my life have I been so effected by a celebrity/"celebrity" death. Sarah Silverman's Tweets in particular killed me. asdfghjkl;

Apologies for my nonsensical ramble. I'm so heartbroken over this. By the way, Twittels, you were right -- all girls had, at minimum, a 20% crush on you. I know I did. Damn straight, motherfuckers wanna laugh. Thanks for releasing this, even if I can't bring myself to listen yet.

*Not, like, a town crier, which would be rad because of Homer, but an emotional weirdo, which I most definitely am.

• Like 3

Ehh, sorting paperwork and decided to listen as I'm alone in my bedroom and not in public. Crying like a baby. Want to hug Scott. Oh boy oh boy.

ETA: I mean FUCK, I'm crying so hard I can't breathe. Nose is totally and sexily stuffed up.

• Like 1

I wanna shoot Rocky vs Rambo just so Harris will get me a writing spot on Eastbound and Parks

To honor Harris, everyone should meet a girl or guy this week and ask them if they're "down to clown."

Its the perfect Tinder status.

Did they remove the daily "Likes" limit on the forum? Cause I was totally expecting to hit that wall today when going through this thread. So many nice posts from fellow Earwolfians!

• Like 5

Let's all eat a graham cracker and stroke one out while listening to this.

• Like 4

If they did I'm celebrating 'cause I got two motherfuckin' likes from you, bro. But mostly, I had to pause CBB as the Phone/Foam Corner theme started and ugh. I have so much goddamn work to do and I can't hell-diddly-ding-dong crap do it!

Damn these emotions. Damn them straight to hell.

• Like 3

I've had Harris in the back of my mind all day. I feel dumb for feeling so bummed by this because I never met him and didn't know him a fraction of what other people did...but I heard almost every podcast he's been on. Seen every episode of Parks and have Don't stop or we'll die on my ipod. He was someone I looked up too. I wish I could have met him at least once in person and told him what a cool fkn guy he was.

• Like 5

Spent the past few days listening to various podcasts that Harris was on, as well as listening to a lot of Don't Stop or We'll Die, so was weird to see there was a new ep. with Harris on...

This was an hilarious episode though, had me laughing out loud on the bus this morning, which was quite awkward, but I should always expect that with Harris.

Quite funny that I wasn't particularly anticipating a new F&P episode, but am now really glad that we got another one.

• Like 1

"nassau tweezer". he always talked about it. credit to scott for remembering it.

I teared up a bit during the intro, but that song, especially the fade out just broke down my defenses and I started bawling.

And now the fact that Scott remembered it and if was a favorite of Harris . It was just perfect.

• Like 1

When I first heard the news of Harris Wittels, I was really bummed because it came 10 years after another way too early loss - Mitch Hedburg. Then, this bit of Taoist philosophy came to me: "Life should be enjoyed while it lasts, and death should not be feared. When Chuang Tzu's wife died, he banged on a drum and sang. His colleagues questioned the propriety of this. 'If I were to fall sobbing and wailing for her,' he replied, 'I should think that I did not understand what appointed for all. Therefore, I restrained myself.'"

So bang that drum and let us remember the moments that brought us all many moments of joy and laughter.

• Like 3

in addition to giving to the HSPVA, I feel like we should also give to Earwolf for being so responsive. I was honestly expecting the studio to take the week off, but to keep going forward in the face of such profound sadness is truly inspiring and worthy of supporting. maybe if we all donated on the Analyze Phish page it would be a way to show some love, albeit symbolically... since every donation ostensibly goes to the same place (not positive on that... so someone feel free to correct me).

That's a great idea and I did just that.

• Like 1

I also feel that we should look up a treatment charity in LA or Houston, but donating through the Analyze Phish page is a good idea.

If anyone wants to donate a decent chunk of change, may I recommend $69?

• Like 1

I still can't do it. I can't listen. I've tried to click the play button 10x since yesterday and I can't bring myself to do it. I feel like that makes me a bad Earwolfer, and a bad fan. I feel so guilty that I can't just laugh like everyone keeps saying Harris would want. Maybe some of y'all can listen a few more times on my behalf.

But I want to say that as much as all of the Harris tribute threads since Thursday have made me cry, they have also made me very happy. I love this community, I love all my little forum babies. It's really been lovely to watch everyone come together and support each other when things are hard. I wish I could hug every single one of you.

• Like 11

I like your fresh take, but I think "Because Fi" flows a little better.

Nope. I'm going to own it. I'm changing the pronunciation of that word.

• Like 2

I still can't do it. I can't listen. I've tried to click the play button 10x since yesterday and I can't bring myself to do it. I feel like that makes me a bad Earwolfer, and a bad fan. I feel so guilty that I can't just laugh like everyone keeps saying Harris would want. Maybe some of y'all can listen a few more times on my behalf.

But I want to say that as much as all of the Harris tribute threads since Thursday have made me cry, they have also made me very happy. I love this community, I love all my little forum babies. It's really been lovely to watch everyone come together and support each other when things are hard. I wish I could hug every single one of you.

I don't think that's anything you should feel guilt or shame over. There's no one "right" way to grieve.

• Like 3

I totally get it, but I would say just listen to Scott's intro and see how you feel after that.

• Like 2