🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 336 — NOT Farts and Procreation 4

Thank you very much for posting this. It's been an emotional ride, laughing, crying, and then laughing again, but overall I'm so appreciative of the chance to say a spiritual and emotional "Goodbye" to Harris. As one who can relate to some of Harris's struggles with addiction, it meant a lot to be able to hear this. I really appreciated Harris's latest appearance on Pete Holmes, and I related very deeply with a lot of what Harris expressed. I hoped so much that he would find his way out, and it was very painful to learn that the monster had gotten its last strike in. It would have been rough to have that as my final memory of him. So to hear him unvarnished, funny, quirky, downright weird, just being himself was so appreciated. The goofy e-mails, all of it was so human, so genuine, and I'm appreciative beyond measure that we were able to share it. Thank you again for posting this. I'm so glad you were able to do this while there was still a chance. Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

• Like 3

I've been reading these beautiful posts for a week now. Everything's already been said, so why not already say some of it readily again? (huh?)

First off, if you were like me and hesitating to listen past Scott's intro on Not F&P 4 - do it!!! It's not all darkness and frowns; it's actually lots of kittens running into each other and falling down - funny, cute, and only kind of sad.

Scott, as everyone has already said, THANK YOU for releasing this. It seems like a lot of people felt like they knew Harris. I've never been affected this much by the death of someone I don't know. Still almost two weeks later I still feel weird and empty inside. Having this last recorded piece of Harris was a blessing -- truly a cathartic, emotional, and FUNNY way to grieve.

I wish there was a way I could make it to the Harris tribute this week. Is there going to be any sort of coverage / podcast / video documenting it? I know the last thing they have in mind is to capitalize on the death of their friend, but I'm sure a LOT of us would like to join in grieving and celebrating Harris' amazing legacy.

I love you all. I've got to get back to my sandwich baggies, grape jelly, and rubber bands.

• Like 2

I am truly honored that my catchphrase was used in what turned out to be Harris' last podcast, since he was probably the guest that has made me laugh the most. Hopefully it made the transition from Scott's heartfelt speech to the silliness of Farts and Procreation easy for people to take.

RIP Harris

I feel obligated to point out the humblebrag since Harris isn't here to do it anymore.

• Like 2

I feel obligated to point out the humblebrag since Harris isn't here to do it anymore.

Harris would chastise you for erroneously calling this a humblebrag.

• Like 2

Harris would chastise you for erroneously calling this a humblebrag.

Well, at least I got a headstart on tarnishing his legacy!

• Like 6

ATTENTION Farts & Pro fans, I've been re-listening to all of Harris' appearances, and I had completely forgotten about Harris' and Adam Scott's appearance on the Los Angeles show of the CBB LIVE Summer Tour 2012, in which they do a Creak Slam Sit character segment featuring Brennis Dentmintsontinmen and John Shantally who work at the Raisin Bran factory. Obviously the CBB LIVE Tour episodes are worth the purchases anyway, but if you want some more Farts & Pro, there's a little bit more for you in this CBB LIVE ep.

• Like 5

Normally I listen to CBB as soon as it comes out, but I still haven't listened to this episode. I listened to Scott's open and then I turned it off before the show actually started and I haven't been able to go back.

At first I thought I was just sad, but now I'm realizing I just can't listen to this because once I do then there will never be another appearance by Harris on CBB.

I've been watching the Sopranos for the first time with my wife and right now we're at the part where Bobby Bacala's wife, Karen has died. Bobby is crushed by his Karen's death and he doesn't want to eat a casserole of baked ziti because it was the very last baked ziti Karen had made before she died. It's as though eating her last baked ziti will truly make her death final. If he still has that ziti to look forward to, a part of karen lives with it. He keeps the baked ziti in the freezer and refuses to eat it.

This episode of Farts and Procreation is my baked ziti. Hopefully someday I'll finally be ready to eat it.

• Like 7

I apologize if this has already been posted, but Harris' sister Stephanie posted her eulogy on Medium. It is very lovely and funny and will make you cry again.

Came here to post this; somehow hadn't cried yet but when I read this? Niagara Falls, Frankie angel.

• Like 3

I apologize if this has already been posted, but Harris' sister Stephanie posted her eulogy on Medium. It is very lovely and funny and will make you cry again.

Thanks for the link. Great read (although it did make me sad again which I thought I had progressed past). I could picture everything she was describing and heard his voice saying all those things; I'm sure most others here could as well. He really did feel like a friend.

She said the family was ignorant of how adored he was. Hopefully witnessing how many people he impacted positively is the tiniest silver lining for the family. It doesn't even slightly compare to having Uncle Harris in her life of course, but I'm glad that his niece will be able to get to know him at least as well as all of us felt like we did.

I guess it's about that time to listen to this episode again.

Regards

• Like 6

I couldn't listen to this episode until today because I was too sad. So this morning I woke up and said today is the day I'll get on the treadmill and listen to the episode. Thanks to comedy bang bang I learned who Harris was. I even got to meet Jim O'haire becuase I went to a Don't stop or We'll Die show. Jim's friends weren't there yet and my wiiiiife and I recognized him from the show and he sat down and chatted with us for 10 minutes.

Scott your introduction was very beautiful and heartfelt. I know it is hard to step back and realize what you do is important to other people but it us and you are. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone at earwolf for entertaining us for years.

RIP Harris I hope you and Hitler are enjoying the ice cream buffet in heaven.

• Like 5

I wonder if he was really to be replacing Jon Stewart on the Daily Show, as he jokingly remarked? That, or head writer?

I wonder if he was really to be replacing Jon Stewart on the Daily Show, as he jokingly remarked? That, or head writer?

i believe he was going to write for aziz's new project for a few months.

• Like 1

It took me this long to listen to this episode, but man was it worth it. The ISIS thing? Christ, I'm glad I didn't listen to that around people. Once Scott joined in I laughed so hard I could barely breathe.

R.I.P. Harris. I miss you like shit and I didn't even know you. Can't imagine what those who did are going through.

i've listened to this several times now, maybe 6. i listen to the intro and bawl every time. i have dealt with a sort of insane amount of death and loss in my life and this really is a shot in the arm. i don't know exactly why. maybe this is just a very good example of a healthy pro-active way to confront death. whatever it is, i find this to be cathartic and also, of course, fucking hilarious.

• Like 2

I've been going through the backlog of CBB for about eight months now, slowly working my way through. But when I started this project, I already had this episode in mind as a very unpleasant milestone. It has been wonderful to go back and be reintroduced to Harris the way so many people were. Over each appearance it felt like you were getting to know Harris in a way that no other guest had. Everyone has said how chill, laid back, lovely, friendly he came across, and it's beyond true. You rooted for him, for every shit joke in Foam, for every terrible and amazing character, for every story that he told. He has come to mean so much to me, and more so since his passing. I am going to start improv classes this month, and I know that Harris is the main inspiration. He made it all look so effortless, I want to take the classes to see for real how hard it actually is, and in that way appreciate Harris even more for making it all look so effortless.

And now I've finally made it to this episode again. I listened to it twice this past couple of days, and the voicemail from Harris at the end still makes me choke, even after a year and a half since first listening to it. It is still a giant tragedy. His death still affects me, I think about him weirdly often as I do my thing day to day. I still feel for all of his friends, his family, his fans. It hasn't gotten any easier to accept Harris' passing.

Thank you Harris, and I miss you.

• Like 1