🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
VinsanityV22

The Real Cancun (2003)

http://youtu.be/BN14PvdUZkw

"This spring, the producers of 'The Real World' bring you the ultimate experiment in 'Reality film-making'".

Yup, this is that reality show movie that was attempted back when reality shows were becoming a big thing on TV around the early 2000's. I just was reminded this existed when going back to listen to old eps of, "R U Talkin' U2 to Me?" (it's mentioned in the Joshua Tree episode briefly), and thought, "I bet this movie is terrible. HDTGM should look at it!" Also, it's gotta do with Spring Break, and the last time they did that, they did the classic "From Justin to Kelly" episode.

It's got a 35% on Rotten Tomatoes.

It's got a 2.7/10 on IMDB.

But, I've never seen it personally.

Can anyone vouch for this thing's quality? Or lack thereof?

I doubt that it's any more interesting than an episode of one of those CW reality shows, and I don't mean the ones you've heard of, but one of those ones that gets canned after one episode that you weren't even aware had existed in the first place. I vaguely remember this, and I think we had it at my theater for about a week.

• Like 1

I just remember the trailers where it followed three groups I think: a group of sorority sisters, some frat dudes, and a couple little people which then led to the hilarious joke of them getting lost in a foam pit at a rave. It was all meant to be "real," but with how fake the Real World is, it's clear that this is and contrived as any reality TV.

Sign in to follow this