🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 1603 - Jen Kirkman

To be clear, Jen Kirkman is Famili-Aire with the neti pot. So please don't contact her.

• Like 1

My hope is that Kate Hudson is up for an award one year, and Katy Perry is there to perform. Kate Hudson nominated, Katy Hudson performing since the Oscars won't let her use her stage name.

Remote open from the car with a deep, nuanced character portrayal? This show is breaking ground every week.

• Like 3

How insane and out of touch do you have to be to spend your money on a crusade against plastic?

• Like 6

How insane and out of touch do you have to be to spend your money on a crusade against plastic?

Yeah, I was hoping there was more to it than that. I'm sure there are some people in need of stuff first. Maybe even plastic stuff.

In future (especially if this streak of iPhone usage continues), please use FaceTime audio to call one another; the audio quality is vastly improved.

I'm on board with what Jen said about Taylor Swift. There's way too many grown ass adults paying way too much attention to a girl with a mediocre voice that makes music that's essentially for 12 year old girls. I just shake my head whenever Howard Kremer starts talking about how great Taylor Swift is. But she's got that powerful record industry propaganda machine behind her and people can't escape it.

I'm on board with what Jen said about Taylor Swift. There's way too many grown ass adults paying way too much attention to a girl with a mediocre voice that makes music that's essentially for 12 year old girls. I just shake my head whenever Howard Kremer starts talking about how great Taylor Swift is. But she's got that powerful record industry propaganda machine behind her and people can't escape it.

Why do you (or she) care what they like? If you don't like it, great. Why does it matter if others do?

Jen Kirkman is 1000% right; Matt has horrible taste in music if he likes Taylor Swift. Holy shit - thank you, Jen! :D

God, that shit is the worst garbage. She's right; there's a difference between good pop people will talk about 2-3 decades later, and then the kind of horsecrap people won't remember (let alone talk about) in even 2 years. Taylor Swift is such a shitty manufactured thing; it's baffling that some people won't stfu about her and her terrible career. Her music is awful.

Btw, MAN OH MAN is it great to hear on her on an Earwolf podcast again! Her new(?) site pictures is smoking, btw (girl looks good!), but when I click it to check, I'm really surprised to see that she has only done 2 podcasts since 2013!!! Man; her presence was missed!

Frickin' great episode :D

I don't really listen to music on the radio. It's either NPR or bluetooth to my phone.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I was just scanning through stations on a whim and happened on a song that I really liked and had never heard before - and hey, what do you know, it was "Shake It Off." I think it's a pretty good tune. It's not the end-all-be-all of music by any means, but I have a hard time seeing how you can call it the "worst garbage" even if it's not your jam.

Jen is still awesome though, even if I might disagree with her.

It's all just pop music. Everyone will look back regretfully years later. If it makes them happy now, who cares?

On a side note, anybody watching the Twitter exchange between her and Michael Ian Black today. Is that all in fun or was she actually mad at him?

• Like 1

if my music's too bad, YOUR TOO OLD

• Like 2

That Tom Jones story was delightful, by the way

Yup! This was classic NNF with the new zany vibe of season 16. And seriously, sharks?!?!

• Like 1

By the way, calling 16 Christine for the Player's Club right now. I mean, you have to, right?

• Like 2

By the way, calling 16 Christine for the Player's Club right now. I mean, you have to, right?

If a woman again has her dog locked in her car on a hot day and Jimmy confronts the dismissive dog owner, we may have to reconsider this prediction.

• Like 3

If a woman again has her dog locked in her car on a hot day and Jimmy confronts the dismissive dog owner, we may have to reconsider this prediction.

I'm thinking this might happen live on the air given the precedent set for season 16

Question for Players' Club members: Did they discuss Harris Wittels at all on this week's exclusive episode? I've been re-listening to some older NNFs and Jimmy seemed fond of Harris, so it's somewhat odd to not hear his passing acknowledged on this week's (free) show.

Just listening now. Matt must have insanely high standards if he thinks there weren't THREE great movies released in 2014.

• Like 1

Question for Players' Club members: Did they discuss Harris Wittels at all on this week's exclusive episode? I've been re-listening to some older NNFs and Jimmy seemed fond of Harris, so it's somewhat odd to not hear his passing acknowledged on this week's (free) show.

They didn't. But I think they record the Players' Club episodes on Wednesdays or Thursdays the week before (they release them on Sundays). I don't think Jimmy crossed paths that much with Harris Wittels (even if he appreciated Harris' comedy). Which is not to say the NNF crew are not sad at his passing, but perhaps they did not know him personally (unlike Andrew Koenig who was a big part of the early seasons of the show).

It didn't seem odd to me, but I don't listen to that many Earwolf podcasts on a regular basis besides Never Not Funny and only learned of Harris' death a couple days ago. It's incredibly sad, and I'm sorry for the Earwolf family's loss.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this